Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Watcher Pat

Quote from: EC Unique on June 12, 2009, 04:51:00 PM
Quote from: longball on June 12, 2009, 04:35:57 PM
was reading a piece in the Mirror eariler on about what number will Ronaldo now wear at Real Madrid.... he cant get the no7 the king of spain Raul still there. I think its likely to be No9.

I remember this in January:

QuoteManchester United star Ronaldo registers 'CR9' trademark as reports say Real Madrid will give him No 9 shirt
By Sportsmail Reporter
Last updated at 2:12 PM on 14th January 2009

Cristiano Ronaldo has reportedly registered 'CR9' as a trademark - as sources in Spain suggest he has been promised the No 9 shirt by Real Madrid.
The Manchester United star had already claimed CR7 for use on merchandise and his agent Jorge Mendes has now registered the new motif with the National Institute of Industrial Property in Lisbon, according to The Sun.
Mendes is said to have been in talks with Madrid president Ramon Calderon over a £77million summer move to the Bernabeu.

Not far wrong on the figures..

If anyone was fast enough to register that last week they would have made millions.....

How much does it cost to register s trade mark?
There is no I in team, but if you look close enough you can find ME

muppet

Quote from: The Watcher Pat on June 12, 2009, 09:08:52 PM
was reading a piece in the Mirror eariler on about what number will Ronaldo now wear at Real Madrid.... he cant get the no7 the king of spain Raul still there. I think its likely to be No9.

QuoteManchester United star Ronaldo registers 'CR9' trademark as reports say Real Madrid will give him No 9 shirt
By Sportsmail Reporter

Cristiano Ronaldo has reportedly registered 'CR9' as a trademark - as sources in Spain suggest he has been promised the No 9 shirt by Real Madrid.
The Manchester United star had already claimed CR7 for use on merchandise and his agent Jorge Mendes has now registered the new motif with the National Institute of Industrial Property in Lisbon, according to The Sun.
Mendes is said to have been in talks with Madrid president Ramon Calderon over a £77million summer move to the Bernabeu.

If anyone was fast enough to register that last week they would have made millions.....

Hardly. They would have come up with something else.

Some genius registered the name Yellow Pages in Ireland thinking he was on to a winner. Hence Golden Pages here and Yellow Pages everywhere else.
MWWSI 2017

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: EC Unique on June 12, 2009, 04:12:08 PM
QuoteWigan chairman Dave Whelan has told Sky Sports News that Manchester United have made cash offers for Antonio Valencia.

It was reported at the weekend that Premier League champions United and Primera Liga giants Real Madrid had bid in excess of £16million for the Ecuadorian.

Real - who have had a world-record £80m bid for United's Cristiano Ronaldo accepted - have since stated that they have not shown an interest in Valencia since January.

However, Whelan has declared that United have been in contact with JJB Stadium officials for the past two to three months and that they have also submitted initial offers.

He told Sky Sports News when asked about Valencia: "They (United) have been in touch with us and we will be starting negotiations very shortly, I would imagine.

"United have been in touch with us over Antonio for the last two or three months, expressing an interest and actually putting cash offers on the table.

Yer man Whelan appears to be on SKY non stop talking about what things that Wigan should be quietly doing behind closed doors. He's basically helping Valencia down the road to OT. He's also keeping SKY up to date on the Martinez story.

He appears to be a bit of a media whore.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

The Watcher Pat

Quote from: muppet on June 12, 2009, 09:14:32 PM
Quote from: The Watcher Pat on June 12, 2009, 09:08:52 PM

By Sportsmail Reporter

Hardly. They would have come up with something else.

Some genius registered the name Yellow Pages in Ireland thinking he was on to a winner. Hence Golden Pages here and Yellow Pages everywhere else.

If they had CR7 they would not have wanted to change it too much...Whats £1 million to them if they really wanted it.....You could have registered all the possible numbers...But because all the Real legends wore 9 that was the obvious choice....I'd laugh now if KAKA got 9...
There is no I in team, but if you look close enough you can find ME

orangeman

Some good writing on Ronaldo today in the Indo - most commentators are saying what a great bit of business by Fergie again. He's got rid of them all and emerged a hero time after time.

Minder

Quote from: orangeman on June 12, 2009, 10:23:59 PM
Some good writing on Ronaldo today in the Indo - most commentators are saying what a great bit of business by Fergie again. He's got rid of them all and emerged a hero time after time.
Can they all see into the future? Whether United fans accept it or not Ronaldo is close to his peak. Its not as if his best days are behind him. This wasnt Fergusons decision.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

new devil

How can anyone say that its good business to sell ronaldo? I dont care if they got 800million for him!! who are we going to buy to replace him?
Bottom line is if we didnt have him the last 3 years we would of won nothing...sick at the thought of him leaving

laceer

Fair fucks to Ronaldo. He always wanted to play for Madrid, he won every single trophy and individual player award (I think?) he could with United and now he's moving on

Despite all the hype round him and him acting like a c**k on the pitch he's come across alright in any interviews i've ever heard him in

United will have had something arranged for when he left. It's not like they didn't know he was going to leave sooner rather than later

It'll take two or three 20/30 million pound players, (Benzema, Villa, Riberyetc ) and it'll be a different united but they'll still be the team to beat next year

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: new devil on June 12, 2009, 11:00:52 PM
How can anyone say that its good business to sell ronaldo? I dont care if they got 800million for him!! who are we going to buy to replace him?
Bottom line is if we didnt have him the last 3 years we would of won nothing...sick at the thought of him leaving

You wouldn't sell him for 800mill  :D
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Carmen Stateside

Hes right but, who can replace Ronaldo in fairness?
No doubt the 80 million is nice buisness but United will not be as strong next year without him. Ribery is no replacement for him thats for sure.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Carmen Stateside on June 13, 2009, 01:46:48 PM
No doubt the 80 million is nice buisness but United will not be as strong next year without him. Ribery is no replacement for him thats for sure.

I'm sure you would find someone to replace him with 800million  ;)
You'll Never Walk Alone.

pintsofguinness

Not true.  If United buy say 2 world class players for the middle of the field they will be a stronger team imo. 
Ronaldo might be the best in the world but you're better with 2 world standard players than 1 no matter how good he is.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

orangeman

Ronaldo simply didn't want to be at United any longer - you could see that all last season - he was simply biding his time - his tantrums,diving, petulance and bad manners just got too much for most people no matter HOW good he was.

GBXII

Quote from: pintsofguinness on June 13, 2009, 01:52:34 PM
Not true.  If United buy say 2 world class players for the middle of the field they will be a stronger team imo. 
Ronaldo might be the best in the world but you're better with 2 world standard players than 1 no matter how good he is.

Just curious as to what two players you have in mind? Im thinking there are very few if any players out there that are either good enough or realistically attainable...

EC Unique

Seems the bookies still know who is the best team in premiership even without Ronaldo:

2009/2010 Premier league
Man Utd  7-5
Chelsea 12-5
Scousers 3-1
Arsenal 8-1