Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

full back

Quote from: fred the red on June 11, 2009, 05:43:42 PM
Anyone else getting a Manchester Utd Meet the Players ad above, with Ronaldo in the centre  :-\

Yep ::)

rrhf

Quote from: EC Unique on June 11, 2009, 05:27:31 PM
Quote from: Minder on June 11, 2009, 04:52:28 PM
Ronaldo will be a huge loss, anyone that thinks Rooney is a more important player than Ronaldo needs their head looked, this is probably the first case of a player leaving United with plenty of good years ahead of him. Just because you dont like how a player behaves does not lessen their importance............

Totally agree. Utd have been forced into selling their best individual player. The 80 Million does soften the blow considerably. People rightly say that he is not replacable but if one player goes and 2 or 3 top class players come in with the money then Utd will be no worse off and probably better off especially if the whole changing room is now as one and in the right frame of mind.

He was outstanding and give us a lot. Probably the best to have played in the Premiership. He is now gone and no player is bigger than Manchester United.

Im thinking on a rough bit of Maths that approximately it took the first 4500 supporters each game just to pay Ronaldos wages. 

charlie stubbs

Quote from: Aghdavoyle on June 11, 2009, 11:38:25 AM

30m will land ribery.

villa does not play "in the hole". torres' frustration with spain is that he is askd to play just off villa.

yaya is a decent defensive midfielder but not united material. hargreaves is far superior if fit, as is the likes of mascherano, senna, etc.

bayern quoted 65 million i heard somewhere. 

Rav67

Quote from: thebigfella on June 11, 2009, 02:48:38 PM
Quote from: The GAA on June 11, 2009, 02:30:34 PM
where does it say money up front?

unconditional does not refer to the receipt of money on day one

Where does it say buy now pay later?

As your making an assumption what deemed a condition of the deal, I decided to make one too but mine is based on taking the statement literally. IMO unconditional means free from constraints, not influenced by someone else ....... Thus payments in installments is a condition imposed by Real.  :)

£80m unconditional offer means that the amount is unconditional and will not change.  It certainly does not mean it has to be paid in one go. 

charlie stubbs

yes it is a huge amount of money but can you think of a player that will get you 42 goals from midfield? coz u have 80 million doesnt guarantee successful signings.  your latest big money signing gets continually ridiculed on here and id imagine most forums(though i think he may come good)

valencia good player 4 wigan how would he cope at the top level?ribery fantastic player, though not going to get over 15 goals a season.  

i know when gerrard nearly went to chelski i wasnt thinking oh we could such and such i was very worried the impact it would have.  

would imagine a midfield enforcer, wide right and maybe left winger brought to be a long term replacement for the player of the year ::)

big season for rooney.  delighted to see the back of ronado for his antics, petulance and goals against the lesser sides ;)

charlie stubbs

our nail loney devestated by the news apparantly..

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: full back on June 11, 2009, 05:52:30 PM
Quote from: fred the red on June 11, 2009, 05:43:42 PM
Anyone else getting a Manchester Utd Meet the Players ad above, with Ronaldo in the centre  :-\

Yep ::)

It's actually Meet the Mancheter United players with Ronaldo in the middle

Very apt  :D ;)

thebigfella

Quote from: Rav67 on June 11, 2009, 06:55:03 PM
Quote from: thebigfella on June 11, 2009, 02:48:38 PM
Quote from: The GAA on June 11, 2009, 02:30:34 PM
where does it say money up front?

unconditional does not refer to the receipt of money on day one

Where does it say buy now pay later?

As your making an assumption what deemed a condition of the deal, I decided to make one too but mine is based on taking the statement literally. IMO unconditional means free from constraints, not influenced by someone else ....... Thus payments in installments is a condition imposed by Real.  :)

£80m unconditional offer means that the amount is unconditional and will not change.  It certainly does not mean it has to be paid in one go. 

Like I said if you take it literally it means "made without condition". Payments in installments is condition imposed by Real, thus it cannot be unconditional.

Bod Mor

Ó chuir mé 'mo cheann é ní stopfaidh mé choíche
Go seasfaidh mé thíos i lár Chondae Mhaigh Eo.

Declan

Quotehttp://www.smh.com.au/lifestyle/people/paris-hilton-spotted-kissing-cristiano-ronaldo-20090612-c592.html

Headline in the Sun is better - "To celebrate is move from Manchester to Madrid, Ronaldo has a night in Paris" :D

stephenite

Minder

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

EC Unique

QuoteWigan chairman Dave Whelan has told Sky Sports News that Manchester United have made cash offers for Antonio Valencia.

It was reported at the weekend that Premier League champions United and Primera Liga giants Real Madrid had bid in excess of £16million for the Ecuadorian.

Real - who have had a world-record £80m bid for United's Cristiano Ronaldo accepted - have since stated that they have not shown an interest in Valencia since January.

However, Whelan has declared that United have been in contact with JJB Stadium officials for the past two to three months and that they have also submitted initial offers.

He told Sky Sports News when asked about Valencia: "They (United) have been in touch with us and we will be starting negotiations very shortly, I would imagine.

"United have been in touch with us over Antonio for the last two or three months, expressing an interest and actually putting cash offers on the table.

full back

Heard Madrid had a deal in place for Ronaldo from early in the season ::)