Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

magpie seanie

Quote from: Clown on June 11, 2009, 12:08:06 PM
yes it mostly is

I see. I wonder how does this happen? There must be some sort of drug eluted from the crest on the United jersey/gear that infects the brain with this illness. Luckily for me I don't buy any of that stuff so that maybe explains why I am "normal". Clown - you should probably do a research paper on this - you could make loads of money for yourself.

The GAA

Toure wouldn't be on my list of transfer targets, even if a dm becomes a requirement. senna is fantastic but unfortunately too old now. possibly Joao Moutinho from sporting could be an option.

corn02

I'm not surprised to see United fans trying to make out like this is some world-class businness, even though man yof you are probably not in favour of it at all.

80 million is some fee, will be an interesting summer. United are 650 million in debt, so will be interesting to see how much goes to transfers, I'd imagine at least 60 million.

It's churlish to suggest that Ronaldo's fees can be replaced easily. Penalties are one thing, but free kicks are totally different. His strike rate is incredible and this culd be a massive blow. No player coming in will make the same impact. Two or three good buys will. Valenica will obviously be one of them, Senna is too old to be honest. Benzema will probably come too, I have a feeling Robery won't.

To be honest I am surprised he lasted this long. Usually any player who shows petulance is shown the door by Ferguson, and to be fair, it has never bit him in the arse. But he was undermined last summer and did not sell, but I guess it got too much this year.

leenie

how can they justified 80 million, when those who support them, buy merchandise, go to matches, are facing some of their hardest times in their lifes.... i honestly think its madness...

I'm trying to decide on a really meaningful message..

The GAA

His frees aren't as irreplaceable as you might think. the vast majority don't hit the target. granted when he does they are usually spectacular. i'm not saying he's not a great player and won' be missed - he is and he will. however, £80m will soften the blow if used wisely.

on the point about "making out" its good business... it is good business in my opinion - i said at the time and all along we should have done the deal last summer and moved on and that was for less money.

corn02

Quote from: The GAA on June 11, 2009, 01:14:40 PM
His frees aren't as irreplaceable as you might think. the vast majority don't hit the target. granted when he does they are usually spectacular. i'm not saying he's not a great player and won' be missed - he is and he will. however, £80m will soften the blow if used wisely.

on the point about "making out" its good business... it is good business in my opinion - i said at the time and all along we should have done the deal last summer and moved on and that was for less money.

Indeed you did, as did many of the wiser United fans on here.

It is some of the cheer-leading squadron on here who will now claim it is what the yhoped for all along.

Genuine quaestion - do United fans see the team in anyway getting stronger out of this?

corn02

Also surely a large chunk will go towards a top keeper or am I underrating Foster?

Square Ball

heard earlier on about Ronaldo but had work to do, some of us do a bit when we are in.

Thanks and good bye, the world will still spin and United will continue, end of. Fergie will have his eye on people, Tev to  stay now?  
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Minder

How do United replace the best player in the world? People saying its great business.........only if you strengthen/better the team. I dont think there will be a player on the market that United could buy better than Ronaldo. In fairness if he wanted to go there was no point in keeping him. You wouldnt want him becoming a "virus"
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

GalwayBayBoy

A lot of money alright but even with a fair chunk of money to spend I think United will be doing very well to replace what Ronaldo bought to the table. Namely an ability to win games almost by himself and dig united out of holes in tight games. There are not too many players like that out there. Fair enough he was a petulant sod but there was no doubting his consistent effectiveness especially in the last few seasons.

The GAA

Fair possibility that other players will flourish in his absence - particularly rooney. i expect rooney to revel in being the "go to man" in CR's place. CR is also very hard work from a team point of view it appears. it must b difficult to espouse a team ethic in a dressingroom which contains one of the most self interested players in the world.

Goats Do Shave

Quote from: corn02 on June 11, 2009, 01:17:43 PM
Also surely a large chunk will go towards a top keeper or am I underrating Foster?

They may replace the Kuschak... but not Foster!

Obviously UTD are weakend by the loss of the world's best player. & Yes I still think he is. He's got the goals to prove it... he's so strong in the air, with his shooting & pace - he's almost unstoppable!
However, he's probably the most frustrating player in the world (bar Nani) & if he's upsetting the dressing room / wants to leave - then cheerio!

A lot will depend on how UTD spend the money now, which IMO is a very difficult task.

Campbell, Nani, Gibson, Kushak - may all leave, which may fetch another £20m / £25m or so...

So a central midfielder is a necessity, along with a winger. I'd keep Tevez & give the younger fella's more football next year!

full back

Think you are under rating Foster, Corn
Will be 1st choice

It is superb getting £80 million, but we can only play 11 players at the end of day.
An awful lot of pressure on Rooney in the season ahead
If he gets injured Utd are fcuked

Minder

United may not get the £80m in one payment, it could be staggered over 3/4 years.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

The GAA

as could any purchases united then make