Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

A Daintier Hero

But it is clear from his body language that he is not happy.

Do you not think maybe as boy he always looked at Madrid as the dream club to be playing for? And given his egotistical demeanor he won't be happy until he is a 'Galactico'

magpie seanie

Quote from: A Daintier Hero on April 08, 2009, 01:45:20 PM

Do you not think maybe as boy he always looked at Madrid as the dream club to be playing for? And given his egotistical demeanor he won't be happy until he is a 'Galactico'

I actually think he doesn't want away at the moment. I think the lad is as thick as pigshit and has mad notions about himself. I'd say he thinks that as "World Player of the Year" he should be getting preferential treatment. Worryingly, it seems Ferguson panders to or at least tolerates this. Its hard to predict how it will end up with him but I don't care so long as he gets the finger out in the remaining games this season.

mountainboii

I just can't see why any of the top players in the world would want to go to Madrid at the minute. The club is run like a circus, domestically Barcelona have a clear upper hand on them, and on the European scene they have become an also-ran.

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: AFS on April 08, 2009, 01:53:18 PM

I just can't see why any of the top players in the world would want to go to Madrid at the minute.

Arguably the biggest club in the world or certainly well up there. Would pay you a fortune. Fantastic lifestyle and climate in a great city. Yeah why would anyone want to go there?

Minder

I just can't see why any of the top players in the world would want to go to Madrid at the minute. The club is run like a circus, domestically Barcelona have a clear upper hand on them, and on the European scene they have become an also-ran.

Things change very quickly, especially with the buying power they have. Dont forget they have won the league the last two years and Barcelona were supposed to be in disarray, trying to offload Etoo, Henry finished etc.  Madrid are still a huge draw for any player, especially a player from a Portugese/Spanish speaking country.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Chrisowc

People said that about Barca when Ronaldinho chose them over Utd a few years back.
it's 'circle the wagons time again' here comes the cavalry!

corn02

But it's the name AFS - Real Madrid.

In fact I would say Liverpool got a few players off their name, despite us being terrible for the last six years, this year excluded.

Great match last night, Porto were superb to watch. Just so comfortable on the ball, very technically gifted.

Reminded me of a team in their pomp..ehh oh yeah Manchester United. What has happened since Inter in the San Siro. Yous have been terrible since. The team will stumble across the PL line and may just have the big games to win the CL, but I would still worry for the future. Ronaldo jogging about like a prat while Tevez was doing more on the bench.

Ok Park was poor, but at least he has the work rate and ttitude.

Rooney is a genius. Unreal. Hate him because he is so good. Can anyone stil lhonestly have Ronaldo in the team ahead of Rooney.

The return leg will be interesting. I am convinced Porto will score. If United play like they did last night they will be out.

How poor has Carrcik been this last while. I thought he was overrated but he was excellent when he made the move, but the last few games he has been your worst player.

In fact I would say Liverpool got a few players off their name, despite us being terrible for the last six years, this year excluded.

Great match last night, Porto were superb to watch. Just so comfortable on the ball, very technically gifted.

Reminded me of a team in their pomp..ehh oh yeah Manchester United.

mountainboii

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on April 08, 2009, 02:00:10 PM

I just can't see why any of the top players in the world would want to go to Madrid at the minute.

Arguably the biggest club in the world or certainly well up there. Would pay you a fortune. Fantastic lifestyle and climate in a great city. Yeah why would anyone want to go there?

We're talking about Ronaldo. He already has all the trappings that come with playing with one of the top couple of clubs in the world - money, lifestyle, etc. The only advantage I can see from heading to Madrid is that it'll be a bit sunnier for a few months a year, but for that he'll be giving up the opportunity to play at a club that is genuinely competitive in both their domestic and European competition in order to play for one that is stuck in a rut.

Bottom line is why would a player heading into the prime of his career want to leave a successful club where he's likely to win countless more trophies in the next couple of years, in order to head to a club that aren't challenging at any level at the minute? This question should be especially pertinent to Ronaldo given many lucrative commercial contracts, its in his interest to maintain as high a profile as possible - this is a lot easier to do at a winning club.

mountainboii

Quote from: Chrisowc on April 08, 2009, 02:08:13 PM

People said that about Barca when Ronaldinho chose them over Utd a few years back.

You can't compare the Utd of 2003 to the Utd of now. In the early 00's they, and the rest of the Premier League teams, were doing well to reach CL semi finals while Italian and Spanish teams still ruled the roost.

EC Unique

Quote from: corn02 on April 08, 2009, 02:12:30 PM

Reminded me of a team in their pomp..ehh oh yeah Manchester United. What has happened since Inter in the San Siro. Yous have been terrible since. The team will stumble across the PL line and may just have the big games to win the CL, but I would still worry for the future. Ronaldo jogging about like a prat while Tevez was doing more on the bench.

Rooney is a genius. Unreal. Hate him because he is so good. Can anyone stil lhonestly have Ronaldo in the team ahead of Rooney.

The return leg will be interesting. I am convinced Porto will score. If United play like they did last night they will be out.

How poor has Carrcik been this last while. I thought he was overrated but he was excellent when he made the move, but the last few games he has been your worst player.

You are right about Carrick. Brutal and I would rate Fletcher way ahead of him. Who ever said they would have Ronaldo ahead of Rooney?

Minder

Quote from: AFS on April 08, 2009, 02:22:49 PM

We're talking about Ronaldo. He already has all the trappings that come with playing with one of the top couple of clubs in the world - money, lifestyle, etc. The only advantage I can see from heading to Madrid is that it'll be a bit sunnier for a few months a year, but for that he'll be giving up the opportunity to play at a club that is genuinely competitive in both their domestic and European competition in order to play for one that is stuck in a rut.

Bottom line is why would a player heading into the prime of his career want to leave a successful club where he's likely to win countless more trophies in the next couple of years, in order to head to a club that aren't challenging at any level at the minute? This question should be especially pertinent to Ronaldo given many lucrative commercial contracts, its in his interest to maintain as high a profile as possible - this is a lot easier to do at a winning club.

So you dont think he would have a high profile in Madrid? Again Madrid have won the Spanish League the last two years and have got closer to Barcelona in the last two months. You cant say they are not competitive, granted they have been poor in Europe. Regardless of how good you think United are and how successful they have been in the last couple of years Madrid and Barcelona are still the most prestigious clubs for 99% of footballers.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

corn02

Quote from: EC Unique on April 08, 2009, 02:31:48 PM

You are right about Carrick. Brutal and I would rate Fletcher way ahead of him. Who ever said they would have Ronaldo ahead of Rooney?

Well apparently he is the best player in the world.

I would imagine a large proportion of fans would still pick the slime over the sublime.

corn02

Quote from: Minder on April 08, 2009, 02:36:22 PM
Quote from: AFS on April 08, 2009, 02:22:49 PM

So you dont think he would have a high profile in Madrid? Again Madrid have won the Spanish League the last two years and have got closer to Barcelona in the last two months. You cant say they are not competitive, granted they have been poor in Europe. Regardless of how good you think United are and how successful they have been in the last couple of years Madrid and Barcelona are still the most prestigious clubs for 99% of footballers.

Certainly on a worldwide scale anyway.

I know United are making inroads in Asia but Madrid are probably the most prestigious club in the world's view.

EC Unique

The way Ronaldo is playing at present he would need to worry about getting his place at Utd. I have always been a massive fan and maybe only seen the good in him, like on Sunday he scored 2 great goals in a must win game but I am getting increasingly frustrated with his refusal to track back and defend. He does not even do it when he is to blame for giving away possesion and both last night and Sunday this resulted in goals conceded. He is a massive talent and with a better work rate and attitude he could be the perfect footballer but to me he looks like he is going through the motions and does not really give a f**k. Not the Utd way :-\

EC Unique

Quote from: corn02 on April 08, 2009, 02:39:10 PM
Quote from: EC Unique on April 08, 2009, 02:31:48 PM

Well apparently he is the best player in the world.

I would imagine a large proportion of fans would still pick the slime over the sublime.

But they are never in competition for a starting place! If both are fit both will start.