Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

magpie seanie

QuoteIf you lead with the arms going up for a header and take your opponent out

Oh right, is that what happened? Did his opponent survive? He had his eyes on the ball all the time. Did he commit more than two fouls? Anyway, no point arguing is there.

I think Ferguson has cause to argue about this decision and I bet you he doesn't get a yellow card if the ref realised he was already on a yellow.

QuoteFerguson very civil in his interview - said Pool were the far better team

Its simply true unfortunately.

EC Unique

Brutal performance by Utd >:(. Liverpool fans should not get too carried away with this as most Premiership sides would have got a result against Utd playing like that.. :-\  

fred the red

Quote from: EC Unique on September 13, 2008, 03:23:25 PM
Brutal performance by Utd >:(. Liverpool fans should not get too carried away with this as most Premiership sides would have got a result against Utd playing like that.. :-\  

Most premier league teams wouldnt have been able to make utd look so bad im afraid.

Was berbatov subbed off after the first 10mins?

corn02

Don't worry EC, there will be no Pool fans getting carried away, eerily similar to last season for both teams.

Seanie we are not going to agree on this at all. That is a yellow card up and down the leagues all the time, but as I say we will not agree on it so I won'y say no more.

What you think of Ferguson tactics? Very attacking but Rooney wastede. When Ronaldo comes back it will be a problem - albeit a very good one.

Also we have played bettwe than yous at Anfield recenly but today is the first time we acted on it. The one that sticks outy is the day of the Queens and UUj Sigerson match when O'Shea got the late one, we dominated but got nothing. Last year I thought we were better but Tevez got the winner. Bit of a monke yoff our back but still a long way off challenging.

EC Unique

Quote from: fred the red on September 13, 2008, 03:25:25 PM

Most premier league teams wouldnt have been able to make utd look so bad im afraid.

A lot of Utd's errors were basic ball control and passing errors unforced by the opposition, First goal was a balls up by Goalkeeper and second goal should never have been as Giggs should have put the ball out for a corner. Both as I say caused by unforced errors. So I would  not agree with you.

EC Unique

Vidics yellows were both bookable so should have walked. Just the way he plays and will see plenty of yellows for similar stuff.

bingobus

Quote from: EC Unique on September 13, 2008, 03:29:37 PM

A lot of Utd's errors were basic ball control and passing errors unforced by the opposition, First goal was a balls up by Goalkeeper and second goal should never have been as Giggs should have put the ball out for a corner. Both as I say caused by unforced errors. So I would  not agree with you.

You just keep telling yourself and it will all be alright. 90% of goals can be traced to unforced errors, Uniteds first was an error by Mash who never followed Tevez. So it should have finished 0-0.

Vidic was clearly a yellow. No doubt, all the pundits on sky said so and they know.

slow corner back

Quote from: bingobus on September 13, 2008, 03:42:01 PM
Quote from: EC Unique on September 13, 2008, 03:29:37 PM

You just keep telling yourself and it will all be alright. 90% of goals can be traced to unforced errors, Uniteds first was an error by Mash who never followed Tevez. So it should have finished 0-0.

Vidic was clearly a yellow. No doubt, all the pundits on sky said so and they know.

It may well have been a deserved yellow but dont make out that sky pundits are the last word on soccer :D

J70

Quote from: magpie seanie on September 13, 2008, 03:22:30 PM

Oh right, is that what happened? Did his opponent survive? He had his eyes on the ball all the time. Did he commit more than two fouls? Anyway, no point arguing is there.

Cop on FFS. You know what I meant.

He went up for the header leading with his arms, he caught Alonso, it was a clear yellow card.

Minder

What a team and what a performance. Torres can be kept fresh for the important games, no point in wasting him today when 3 points was a formality. Its always good to knock Fergies off his f*cking perch.........
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: J70 on September 13, 2008, 06:22:22 PM
Quote from: magpie seanie on September 13, 2008, 03:22:30 PM

Cop on FFS. You know what I meant.

He went up for the header leading with his arms, he caught Alonso, it was a clear yellow card.

Don't waste your time with him J70 we all saw what happened. Correct outcome yellow fully deserved,In fact he should have got a red for the first challenge it didn't matter that the Donkey(Rio) was supposedly gonna catch Keane even though i doubt he would have the challenge itself warranted a red
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Tony Baloney

Fergie was magnanimous as usual. Liverpool were the better team, but.... I hope Gury Neville's shit is sickened tonight!

magpie seanie

QuoteIn fact he should have got a red for the first challenge it didn't matter that the Donkey(Rio) was supposedly gonna catch Keane even though i doubt he would have the challenge itself warranted a red

OK - so a clearly stated rule does not matter if YOU want someone sent off. There's no arguing with logic like that.

Go away and enjoy the win and stop the silliiness.

Over the Bar

United have started the season in poor form so Liverpool requiring the help of an own goal at Anfield to beat them isn't much for anyone to get carried away about, but is like an FA Cup final win to Liverpool and thankfully will keep Bentiez in a job for another while.  Despite playing crap united should have got at least a draw.   It took a hugely uncharacteristic mistakes by Giggs for a Liverpool player to score a first goal against united in the league since Danny Murphy. 

Ferguson's criticism of everyone bar Rio was a bit unwarrantd, particualrly since Carrick controlled midfield until he got injured.  No doubt Fergie's words were intended to give a shoe up the backside prior to Chelsea next week.   

Anyway it's only 3 points and theres still 105 to play for.  We always slip up once a season against a diddy-team so hopefully that's it out of the way this year.

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: Over the Bar on September 14, 2008, 03:19:39 PM
United have started the season in poor form so Liverpool requiring the help of an own goal at Anfield to beat them isn't much for anyone to get carried away about, but is like an FA Cup final win to Liverpool and thankfully will keep Bentiez in a job for another while.  Despite playing crap united should have got at least a draw.   It took a hugely uncharacteristic mistakes by Giggs for a Liverpool player to score a first goal against united in the league since Danny Murphy. 

Ferguson's criticism of everyone bar Rio was a bit unwarrantd, particualrly since Carrick controlled midfield until he got injured.  No doubt Fergie's words were intended to give a shoe up the backside prior to Chelsea next week.   

Anyway it's only 3 points and theres still 105 to play for.  We always slip up once a season against a diddy-team so hopefully that's it out of the way this year.

;D