Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

corn02

Quote from: Over the Bar on September 17, 2008, 10:16:48 AM
QuoteBerbatov may get his finger out after Saturdays performance.

Oh wind your neck in FFS

a) It was his first game

b) He had only joined the squad 24 hours earlier

c) It was a Liv-MAnU Derby

d) He was being marked by Jamie Carragher at his most charged up of any game of the season and IN ANFIELD!

What do you expect a MOTM performance from Berbatov with a hat-trick?  ::)

Take your points OTB. But I don't get point C. Surely that is irrelevant.

ExiledGael

Certainly a tough game to get up to speed for. Remember Vidic and Evra having absolute stinkers on their debut in the derby game with City. Those type of games can be at a whole different intensity level.
Berbatov had played almost no football before his move and will need a few games before we see him gel in and tune in with what those around him are doing. Isn't he a doubt for tonight?

full back

When he played for Spurs, he isnt a player I would associate with speed.
A lot of Utd's success last season was down to attacking teams on the break with their speed and it is here that I feel Berbatov will be out of place.
As for being lazy, it doesnt matter a fcuk how long you have been with the team or who you are playing. He was lazy for Spurs & he was lazy last Saturday IMHO

Minder

Exiled Gael - The difference with Evra,Vidic and Berbatov is the former were new to English football. Its not like Berbatov had a total nightmare on Saturday but his workrate was non existent and it is a major fault of his if you are getting it tight. Can you afford the luxury of two players that throw their arms up when they lose the ball?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

ExiledGael

I think so. Obviously not when you are looking to keep things tight at Stamford Bridge or the Nou Camp in Europe but he's a brilliant addition to the squad. We seen nothing surprising on Saturday, except United being shit. Berbatov doesn't work hard and won't track back. He has an amzing touch and ability and will score and create goals. If he matches anything like his international record he'll be alright.

gerry

God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

slow corner back

Quote from: Minder on September 17, 2008, 05:00:56 PM
Exiled Gael - The difference with Evra,Vidic and Berbatov is the former were new to English football. Its not like Berbatov had a total nightmare on Saturday but his workrate was non existent and it is a major fault of his if you are getting it tight. Can you afford the luxury of two players that throw their arms up when they lose the ball?
Simple answer no you cant afford two lazy players against good opposition, however the premier league is not full of good opposition. They will both play against stoke, hull ,wigan etc and fill their boots. In the last stages of europe or the championship run in it will be one or the other depending on form attitude etc. I think generally it will be ronnie if his attitude is right as he has much more pace as has been alluded to.
Poor result tonight but it seems to have been about getting players fit/ resting players ahead of the weekend rather than worrying about tonights game, still a poor result.

gawa316

laceer

last year all the talk was how would tevez would not fit into uniteds attack.this year the talk is how berbatov won't.tevez did fit in and berbatov will..he's quality and quality will always come good

Quote from: gerry on September 17, 2008, 07:47:19 PM
no need to worry lads, evans is playing

was impressed with evans tonight - not so much with united, although the line up was obviously chosen with sunday in mind

The Real Laoislad

Incredibly boring game..Actually got most of my VAT returns done while watching it as it was so unexciting
You'll Never Walk Alone.

ExiledGael

Quote from: laceer on September 17, 2008, 10:11:39 PM
last year all the talk was how would tevez would not fit into uniteds attack.this year the talk is how berbatov won't.tevez did fit in and berbatov will..he's quality and quality will always come good

Quote from: gerry on September 17, 2008, 07:47:19 PM
no need to worry lads, evans is playing

was impressed with evans tonight - not so much with united, although the line up was obviously chosen with sunday in mind

He'll have a big job to do on Sunday. Apart from one major scare they never looked like scoring but we need to start being more clinical. Don't seem up to speed and sharpness yet and Sunday is a game we can't afford to lose.

brokencrossbar1

What do people think about the alleged outburst by Sir Alex to Mike Phelan which was over heard after the game.  Heard on the radio this morning that he was heard to intimate to Phelan that he will he leaving in January.

Didn't watch the game but heard some of it on the radio. It seemed pretty uninspiring stuff.

Goats Do Shave

I must have watched a different game, I thought there was plenty of excitement - & UTD played some great stuff at times. Very energetic midfield chosen, which strangled the Villarreal team.

They still hit the post, so did Evans. Their keeper made 2 or 3 great saves. Ronaldo missed a header & we should of had 2 pens!

Now, that seems lively enough!

Minder

Goats im pretty sure BC didnt "watch" the game on the radio . . . . . . .
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Goats Do Shave

Quote from: Minder on September 18, 2008, 08:49:19 AM
Goats im pretty sure BC didnt "watch" the game on the radio . . . . . . .

You are probably right! - What about the other posters before?