Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

magpie seanie

QuoteI've had a funny feeling of pity for the scousers since the weekend

I don't! Growing up as a United follower in the 80's = never have sympathy for Liverpool. QED!

Nice putting in of the boot without appearing to intend to do so.

Every game is a big one now. If Rooney hits a scoring run it could be the difference and to be honest he's threatening one. Not a clinical striker but on form he will get chances. If he starts taking them someone is in bother!

Mutley

Quote from: magpie seanie on March 27, 2008, 05:12:47 PM
QuoteI've had a funny feeling of pity for the scousers since the weekend

I don't! Growing up as a United follower in the 80's = never have sympathy for Liverpool. QED!

Nice putting in of the boot without appearing to intend to do so.

Every game is a big one now. If Rooney hits a scoring run it could be the difference and to be honest he's threatening one. Not a clinical striker but on form he will get chances. If he starts taking them someone is in bother!

I agree magpie seanie. Rooney is devastating when on song but he is not a prolific scorer. Rooney is a high work rate guy who can, on occasion score spectacular goals which fuels his reputation but for me it is his work rate that separates him from other footballers.  I expect Rooney to have a hat trick before the end of the season, he is a huge player in the run in for the title/ champions league race.

full back

Was thinking about Rooney after Sunday's game. He just doesnt seem to be able to put them away when one on one.
No doubt about it he is a world class player & his work rate is second to none but I can think of at least 10 players I would rather have in a one on one than Rooney

ExiledGael

Very true fullback, but I'd still have him in my team ahead of all ten. Alongside a good finisher though (which Tevez is also not).

full back

Would always have him as well exiled.
The ideal man beside him would be Torres, but he doesnt like any rough play or he goes crying to rafa or masch ;)

ExiledGael

Ah we'll make do with our own wee disciplined Argie.

Minder

Quote from: ExiledGael on March 27, 2008, 09:55:04 PM
Ah we'll make do with our own wee disciplined Argie.

Youse must be very proud of him.......
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Farrandeelin

Needed to win today. 4-0 was easy enough in the end and it was easy enough all through the game today according to alan Greene on 5live.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Square Ball

was very easy indeed, could have been 6 or 7 and the foot was taken off the pedel with about 20 mins left. Thought Carrick was great, Shreck should have had a hat trick, Tevez missed a sitter with a header from 2 yards out.
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

new devil

Unreal performance today..Ronaldo was his brillant best and his pass for Rooneys first was the best ive ever seen

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: new devil on March 30, 2008, 03:34:26 AM
Unreal performance today..Ronaldo was his brillant best and his pass for Rooneys first was the best ive ever seen

Never seen it, but better than Lampard's v Man City this year? Or Joe Cole away to Valencia (I think)?
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Minder

High praise indeed,im pretty sure the pass was meant for whoever was running down the left wing but went to Rooney instead
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Square Ball

I would agree with Minder, the pass was ment for Evra.
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

new devil

Doesn't matter who it was for was still a brilliant pass from the best player in the world

full back

Bit OTT there devil :D
Awesome performance