Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

magpie seanie

Sad to see some Jamie Carraghers on here after last night. Don't be him.

Maguire and Shaw need to be out the door. McTominay and Fred - never play them together. Last night's back 4 is the best available. AWB adequate too. Ronaldo will be fine once he gets up to speed - had no preseason. A good performance and result but need this consistently. Getting poison like Maguire and Shaw out the door will help greatly.

GJL

Quote from: magpie seanie on August 23, 2022, 11:24:57 AM

Maguire and Shaw need to be out the door. McTominay and Fred - never play them together. Last night's back 4 is the best available. AWB adequate too. Ronaldo will be fine once he gets up to speed - had no preseason. A good performance and result but need this consistently. Getting poison like Maguire and Shaw out the door will help greatly.

Yep. And give the armband to Bruno. He reacted well to having it last night. Just needs to cut out the crying at the ref.

trailer

Quote from: magpie seanie on August 23, 2022, 11:24:57 AM

McSpitty?

Turf

I dunno how anyone listens to Carragher or Neville to be honest, two insufferable arseholes.

Bord na Mona man

In terms of team restructuring the 4-0 defeat probably helped Ten Haag. While he wouldn't have fancied Maguire from day 1, he was somewhat obliged to give him due process to play himself off the team.
Now he has been given an early mandate to tear up the team and make it the way he wants.

yellowcard

Quote from: Turf on August 23, 2022, 12:08:18 PM
I dunno how anyone listens to Carragher or Neville to be honest, two insufferable arseholes.

All pundits have lifespans before a general weariness kicks in and I think we are nearing that point with both Neville and Carragher. Carragher sees himself as the king of banter whilst I've never listened to a pundit who is as sure of himself as Neville. They are both capable of making an argument and convincing you that they are right but football isn't black and white. They understand how the media works though and it's all about likes, hits and moments. It's an easy life for them and good luck to them but they are both little more than actors sitting on a soap box.

Saffrongael

Quote from: yellowcard on August 23, 2022, 12:42:53 PM

All pundits have lifespans before a general weariness kicks in and I think we are nearing that point with both Neville and Carragher. Carragher sees himself as the king of banter whilst I've never listened to a pundit who is as sure of himself as Neville. They are both capable of making an argument and convincing you that they are right but football isn't black and white. They understand how the media works though and it's all about likes, hits and moments. It's an easy life for them and good luck to them but they are both little more than actors sitting on a soap box.

Agree 100%, reckon half their bollocks is scripted at this stage
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

quit yo jibbajabba

Quote from: Saffrongael on August 23, 2022, 12:55:01 PM
Quote from: yellowcard on August 23, 2022, 12:42:53 PM

Agree 100%, reckon half their bollocks is scripted at this stage

Agree. Id say their general way of going on is far more dramatic now than when they started out. That plus the "bants"

Maroon Manc

Great result and performance, delighted to see a shift in tactics from Ten Hag to suit the opposition. We'll struggle at the weekend, going to take months to get used to the new style of play but lots of positives from last night; Back 4 were all excellent, have reservations about Dalot but lets hope he proves me wrong. Varane needs to stay fit, a top player.

Talk of Chelsea been interested in Maguire, can't see him wanting to stay at OT if he's going to be on the bench but United short on options but this might be a one time opportunity to get a decent fee for him.

Still very early days and I had United down to finish 6th before a ball was kicked but football can be funny, Thursday night football never helps and United & Arsenal both have it this season. United may well spend big over the next weeks, the Glazers know their days are coming to an end and adding another few hundred million to the debt isn't going to affect them greatly.

Cunny Funt

Hard earned and deserved win. Good cross and finish on the goal. Solid centre back pairing played a key role in that win.

One thing beating Liverpool against the odds but its another thing backing it up with a win in the next game when favourites.

Saffrongael

Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

Capt Pat

Still not good for his reputation. A hung jury.

David McKeown

Quote from: Saffrongael on August 31, 2022, 03:27:06 PM
Good result for Giggs

Yeah not great. Harder to win second trials
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

Saffrongael

Think his reputation is in tatters regardless of the outcome.

Milltown Row2

By his own admission the guy is a p***k when dealing with women, he'll find it very hard to ever progress in football, in any sector..

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea