Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boycey

Quote from: Boycey on August 10, 2018, 09:24:47 AM
Jesus lads the day Woodward and the board think they know more about players than the manager is a sad f**king day and the same goes for any manager at any club. If Mourinho is a dead man walking then he should be sacked today..

August 10th I said he should be sacked..I'll also wager a bet that the day he left Chelsea I said I feared he'd end up at United. When he eventually got the gig I thought he was probably the right man to get it and whatever the pros and cons of his reign, the squad is much healthier at the end of his time  If you.go back through the pages of this season I've called him out several times but with the proviso that the players and board also deserved some blame.

Player power is extremely dangerous.. Mourinho won a league at Chelsea then the players decided they didn't want him and got him the sack. Cue Conte coming in and immediately winning a league, what happened then? They decided they didn't like him either and stopped playing again..

Boycey

Quote from: trailer on January 04, 2019, 02:04:57 PM
While Pogba may have been posting his performances in under JM, unfortunately the same cannot be said for Lukaku who in fact was just shit all along.

Did big Rom shag your Mrs or something  ;D

trailer

Quote from: Boycey on January 04, 2019, 02:14:04 PM
Quote from: trailer on January 04, 2019, 02:04:57 PM
While Pogba may have been posting his performances in under JM, unfortunately the same cannot be said for Lukaku who in fact was just shit all along.

Did big Rom shag your Mrs or something  ;D

He'd f**king miss the target the useless ****.

magpie seanie

Lukaku is playing much better and scoring too since the change of manager.

magpie seanie

Quote from: Boycey on January 04, 2019, 02:13:16 PM
Jesus lads the day Woodward and the board think they know more about players than the manager is a sad f**king day and the same goes for any manager at any club. If Mourinho is a dead man walking then he should be sacked today..

August 10th I said he should be sacked..I'll also wager a bet that the day he left Chelsea I said I feared he'd end up at United. When he eventually got the gig I thought he was probably the right man to get it and whatever the pros and cons of his reign, the squad is much healthier at the end of his time  If you.go back through the pages of this season I've called him out several times but with the proviso that the players and board also deserved some blame.

Player power is extremely dangerous.. Mourinho won a league at Chelsea then the players decided they didn't want him and got him the sack. Cue Conte coming in and immediately winning a league, what happened then? They decided they didn't like him either and stopped playing again..

Don't forget Dr Eva Carneiro. His public evisceration of her was the cause of his downfall with the Chelsea players. He should have been sacked the day he abused her. It shouldn't have taken the players to force it but with who's in charge at that club nothing would surprise you. The Conte situation looks bad as obviously he was able to get the best out of them and suddenly it stopped. Same with Rainieri at Leicester. Those types of incidents do trouble me. Neither are what happened at United as Mourinho never got the team performing to anything like their ability.

I grant you that there is a silver lining to the cloud of the last 2.5 years in that players came to the club during his time that good managers will be able to utilise. And thankfully Rashford, Martial or Pogba weren't forced out in that time.

Therealdonald

Quote from: magpie seanie on January 04, 2019, 05:06:01 PM
Quote from: Boycey on January 04, 2019, 02:13:16 PM

Don't forget Dr Eva Carneiro. His public evisceration of her was the cause of his downfall with the Chelsea players. He should have been sacked the day he abused her. It shouldn't have taken the players to force it but with who's in charge at that club nothing would surprise you. The Conte situation looks bad as obviously he was able to get the best out of them and suddenly it stopped. Same with Rainieri at Leicester. Those types of incidents do trouble me. Neither are what happened at United as Mourinho never got the team performing to anything like their ability.

I grant you that there is a silver lining to the cloud of the last 2.5 years in that players came to the club during his time that good managers will be able to utilise. And thankfully Rashford, Martial or Pogba weren't forced out in that time.

Seanie, do you really think Rashford is the future?

Boycey

To be honest Seanie we're just going round in circles.. I don't care about Mourinho, what's gone is gone the past can't be changed. I am content enough thougb with my opinion that some players didn't cover themselves in glory throughout the period...You think different that's fine with me

trailer

Quote from: magpie seanie on January 04, 2019, 04:59:07 PM

Wha? He fluked one against Newcastle, and his other he failed to control first time (shocker) then luckily scuffed it into the corner. He's the Belgian Cascarino. Not a Utd player.

Over the Bar

Big changes today. Good to see some fringe players getting a run out.

Cunny Funt

Another win and clean sheet for OGS but performance wise against one of the worst sides in the championship that was dreadful from United. Individually no player would have got a rating over 6 today.

DuffleKing

It's laughable to claim Lukaku is playing much better since the change of manager. ffs

Milltown Row2

Two nil with a change of 9 players from Newcastle game..

No complaints. Spurs will be the day OGS earns his wages
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Over the Bar

Quote from: DuffleKing on January 05, 2019, 04:19:48 PM

It's laughable to claim Lukaku is playing much better since the change of manager. ffs

Why?

GJL

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 05, 2019, 04:56:14 PM
Two nil with a change of 9 players from Newcastle game..

No complaints. Spurs will be the day OGS earns his wages

Your right, Spurs game will be tougher than anything so far but 5 wins from 5 games regardless of opponents is not to be sniffed at. Brilliant start for OGS playing in the traditional Utd way.

Boycey

Solskjaer actual tactical influence will have been negligable so far, it's been match, recovery, match thusfar. The main difference has been theyve played 20 yards further up the pitch and obviously players are keen to show their wares under a new regime. The squad is currently on route to Dubai where Solkjaer has said he'll work them fairly hard.