Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Over the Bar

Unlike Ibra and Pogba,  Lukaku is a confidence player.  His body language doesn't look good at present and he seems to be a bit fragile psychologically. Hopefully he gets back on the goal trail soon.

Cunny Funt

A surprising open game of football for Chelsea to cause damage. Chelsea were good value for their win matter of fact they created more chances in todays game than they created in the 4-0 win in this fixture last year. United have so many players off form or simply not up to this level.

GJL

Pogba will be a welcome return.

stew

Quote from: Cunny Funt on November 05, 2017, 06:38:00 PM
A surprising open game of football for Chelsea to cause damage. Chelsea were good value for their win matter of fact they created more chances in todays game than they created in the 4-0 win in this fixture last year. United have so many players off form or simply not up to this level.

Every United player is up to 'that level' Chelsea players wanted it more and were good value for the win.

Mourinho has got to get after teams now, Arsenal and City are dots on the horizon and they need six points from those games to drag themselves back into the title race, Chelsea will be lucky making the top four.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Boycey

I'll tell my Milltown Row2 gambling tale of woe here  ;D

I do syndicate bets on Colossus Bets and had a share in a ticket playing for €1,000,000 on 6 correct scores. We had 5 right including Chelsea's 1-0 over Utd missing out on Newcastle's home loss to Bournemouth yesterday where we had 4 outcomes covered but not 0-1. We got €2500 odd for getting the 5, divided by 60 giving me roughly €40. Had we got the 6 I'd have had €16k odd for my €2 outlay.

Second time in a week I've hit the post with a bet like that..

TabClear

Quote from: Boycey on November 05, 2017, 07:25:55 PM

I do syndicate bets on Colossus Bets and had a share in a ticket playing for €1,000,000 on 6 correct scores. We had 5 right including Chelsea's 1-0 over Utd missing out on Newcastle's home loss to Bournemouth yesterday where we had 4 outcomes covered but not 0-1. We got €2500 odd for getting the 5, divided by 60 giving me roughly €40. Had we got the 6 I'd have had €16k odd for my €2 outlay.

That's a kick in the balls.  Had you the nil nil draw covered?

Cunny Funt

Quote from: stew on November 05, 2017, 07:19:22 PM

Every United player is up to 'that level' Chelsea players wanted it more and were good value for the win.

Mourinho has got to get after teams now, Arsenal and City are dots on the horizon and they need six points from those games to drag themselves back into the title race, Chelsea will be lucky making the top four.

Will be no title race Man City will have the title wrapped up early this season. The rest Spurs,Arsenal,Liverpool,Chelsea and United will be fighting it out for top 4 finishes.

Boycey

Quote from: TabClear on November 05, 2017, 07:41:10 PM
Quote from: Boycey on November 05, 2017, 07:25:55 PM

That's a kick in the balls.  Had you the nil nil draw covered?

Fcuk I didn't know Bournemouth goal was that late. Looking again we had 2-0, 1-0, 0-0 and 1-1 covered. Honestly hadn't realised it has that close  ;D

Boycey

Quote from: Cunny Funt on November 05, 2017, 08:00:44 PM
Quote from: stew on November 05, 2017, 07:19:22 PM

Will be no title race Man City will have the title wrapped up early this season. The rest Spurs,Arsenal,Liverpool,Chelsea and United will be fighting it out for top 4 finishes.

I tend to agree with that although I don't think City can continue at the pace they are but they should have too much for all challengers.

Milltown Row2

Had Utd played like that last 25 mins for 90 mins they'd have taken something out of that game!

Though a 1-0 based on this game was a fair result! Conte ignoring Jose after the game! Seems to be a theme now from managers, they really take it thick now
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Minder

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 05, 2017, 08:30:04 PM
Had Utd played like that last 25 mins for 90 mins they'd have taken something out of that game!

Though a 1-0 based on this game was a fair result! Conte ignoring Jose after the game! Seems to be a theme now from managers, they really take it thick now

I assume they only started playing because they where behind ? They had to try and get something out of the game. If it had been 0-0 with 20 to go Mourinho would have been happy to settle for that. That's the danger of setting up the way he does
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Boycey

Quote from: Minder on November 05, 2017, 09:05:22 PM

I assume they only started playing because they where behind ? They had to try and get something out of the game. If it had been 0-0 with 20 to go Mourinho would have been happy to settle for that. That's the danger of setting up the way he does

Nah 1st half was very open, United played with 2 up top and had a go. Chelsea got on top of them as the half went on simply by playing better. 2nd half followed the same pattern and if I'm honest I didn't see that much improvement in the last 25 from United. So not parking the bus obviously isn't the solution  ;D.

Last year we were all crying for Miki to play every game, this year he is playing every game and getting worse by the week!! Herrara only slightly better again.

TabClear

Quote from: Boycey on November 05, 2017, 09:22:52 PM
Quote from: Minder on November 05, 2017, 09:05:22 PM

Nah 1st half was very open, United played with 2 up top and had a go. Chelsea got on top of them as the half went on simply by playing better. 2nd half followed the same pattern and if I'm honest I didn't see that much improvement in the last 25 from United. So not parking the bus obviously isn't the solution  ;D.

Last year we were all crying for Miki to play every game, this year he is playing every game and getting worse by the week!! Herrara only slightly better again.

Lukaku was poor today I thought. He had a reputation for only performing against the weaker teams at Everton. United could have nicked a point at the end but Chelsea definitely the better team today.

Asal Mor

I thought utd only came into it at the end because Chelsea took off Fabregas and Hazard. Even then the main threat they had came from lumping high balls into Fellaini. He knocked one down to set up a good chance for Rashford and took one on his chest brilliantly that he nearly scored. Spurs and Chelsea are much better teams. If both can keep their best players fit, United will be battling for 4th.

stiffler

Utd fans running out of patience with the negative tactics.

Wouldn't be surprised to see Jose throw the toys out of the pram before too long.
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009