Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ExiledGael

Great result, though only listened to the game. I've seen the highlights since and it was a weird game. Great to see Tevez score but have to say Saha's dive was embarrassing, pathetic even. As for Mikel he was a bit unlucky, just a rash tackle, that Joe Cole gypsy went out to do severe harm to Ronaldo and his lunge was far more dangerous. Delighted with our defence this year, 5 or 6 clean sheets in a row now.
Chelsea were a bit unlucky overall but the way they've carried on off the field for a while now I don't think football owes them any luck

twotwocharlie

sam i might be able to dig up something. give me a week or so.

Square Ball

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on August 25, 2007, 05:34:14 PM

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on August 25, 2007, 05:06:41 PM
good luck with the relegation battle lads

Quote from: new devil on August 25, 2007, 05:17:52 PM
:D very good gabriel  ::)
PLYD       PTS
1 Chelsea      4            10
2 Man City     4             9
3 Wigan        4             7
4 Liverpool    3             7
-------------------------------------
5 Arsenal       3            7
6 Everton       3            6
-------------------------------------
7 Portsmouth  4           5
8 Newcastle    2           4
9 Blackburn     2           4
10 Aston Villa  3           4
11 Birmingham  4         4
12 West Ham   3          4
13 Reading      4          4
14 Sunderland  4         4
15 Tottenham   3         3
16 Middlesbrough 3      3
17 Bolton            4       3
----------------------------------------------------
18 Fulham          4      3
19 Man Utd         3      2
20 Derby            4       1

It is very funny though isn't it

1 Arsenal 6 11 16
2 Man Utd 7 4 14
3 Man City 7 3 13
4 Liverpool 6 9 12

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

5 Newcastle 6 4 11
6 Chelsea 7 -1 11

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

7 West Ham 6 3 10
8 Aston Villa 6 3 10
9 Everton 7 0 10
10 Blackburn 6 1 9
11 Portsmouth 7 0 9
12 Wigan 7 1 8
13 Middlesbrough 7 -2 8
14 Birmingham 7 -2 8
15 Sunderland 7 -4 8
16 Reading 7 -6 7
17 Fulham 7 -2 6

18 Tottenham 7 -2 5
19 Bolton 7 -4 4
20 Derby 7 -16 4

Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Farrandeelin

Great result today. Didn't see the game due to one thing or another but when I heard the score it really cheered me up.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Norf Tyrone

QuoteChelsea are a shambles they were all over the place, the loss of Jose has hurt them.

We played well I thought considering the week that was. The players lacked confidence but at least they gave it a lash. I honestly believe United were not that great today, loads of posession, but very few clear chances as our back 4 soaked all that you had. Chelsea really miss Drogba and especially Lampard as we looked fairly toothless without them. Tevez and Rooney together don't work. One with Saha works better IMHO.

There was a lot of condemnation (Rightly) for Robben and Drogba's diving last year, from United supporters, and media alike. Will there be condemnation for Saha tonight?

There was also a lot of condemnation for Chelsea players crowding the ref, and trying to influence him as well. As soon as Mikel made the tackle today, 4 or 5 Mancs were surrounding the awful ref today. One was flashing an imaginary card, not sure who. Any comments??

Lastly Rooney's first yellow wasn't a card, but the ref bottled it  by not giving him a deserved second late in the game.

Saying nothing about the timekeeping.

So....under pressure team in turmoil, playing a hour with 10 men at the home of the champions(ouch), no Lampard or Drogba, a non existent penalty, and generally a ref that gave the majority of the big decisions to the home side. I was quite happy with the performance.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

ExiledGael

Reasonable enough analysis there, Chelsea seemed to be holding there own, but I expected them too after a tough week. I'd be more worried about them in the next few weeks when Jose is long gone and Avram is the sole motivator. United are far from clicking still, just unbalanced up front and i'd agree with your comment on Saha. Still we haven't came near our best and we're taking points galore lately after a poor start.

Balboa

Surely Saha will be out for 6 months after that tackle by Ben Haim today, it looked really nasty......

ExiledGael

Truly believe what goes around comes around in football. Ben Haim was a total disgrace a few seasons back when pushed by Rooney while at Bolton and got him banned for a number of games. Saha was also disgraceful today and will sooner or later have a blatant penalty turned away, and he deserves it

Norf Tyrone

QuoteTruly believe what goes around comes around in football. Ben Haim was a total disgrace a few seasons back when pushed by Rooney while at Bolton and got him banned for a number of games.

Is that where the friction between the two stems then? Was wondering that, as I noticed it at the community shield game too.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

TacadoirArdMhacha

Have seen a few commentators (particularly Andy Gray) say Chelsea did ok today and that it was a good - personally i thought they were awful. Supposedly United's main challengers for the title yet they posed absolutely no threat. The statistic tell their own story - I don't think Chelsea had a shot on target all afternoon. United got the best of the decisions today but no matter who was referring I think we'd have won in any case. United were simply far superior to Chelsea all over the pitch. 8 games and 6 clean sheets is excellent form defensively and hopefully getting the goal will give Tevez the confidence to show what he's capable of.

And finally - Mikel - what a favour Chelsea did United by saving them from making a blunder on him - a nice and handy £12m there!
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

Sam Maguire

Quote from: twotwocharlie on September 23, 2007, 07:33:03 PM
sam i might be able to dig up something. give me a week or so.

Cheers Charlie. Give me a PM if you have any luck.

nrico2006

QuoteHave seen a few commentators (particularly Andy Gray) say Chelsea did ok today and that it was a good - personally i thought they were awful. Supposedly United's main challengers for the title yet they posed absolutely no threat. The statistic tell their own story - I don't think Chelsea had a shot on target all afternoon. United got the best of the decisions today but no matter who was referring I think we'd have won in any case. United were simply far superior to Chelsea all over the pitch. 8 games and 6 clean sheets is excellent form defensively and hopefully getting the goal will give Tevez the confidence to show what he's capable of.

And finally - Mikel - what a favour Chelsea did United by saving them from making a blunder on him - a nice and handy £12m there!

Gray has a habit of coming out with this kinda stuff.  I noticed that he constantly praised Chelsea and said how comfortable they were etc, yet the possession stats speak for themselves.  Not sure what it was at the end, but it was around 66-34 to United at one stage.  Chelsea's closest effort was Essiens effort that went high and wide.  Grant seems to be taking a leaf out of Mourinhos book when it comes to making excuses for defeats.  Grant said the ref made 3 mistakes - the first goal, the sending off and the penalty.  Talk aboout a moaner.  I wonder how long it will take for him to be shipped off?  The man looks clueless, and was clearly uncomfortable with everything that was going on.  Saw the replay last night, and Saha did go down Platoon-esque.  But it was still a penalty.  It was good to see Saha back looking sharp.  He seems to be a forgotten man for United - he will score lots of goals when fit.  Gray constantly referred to Cheslea missing players, but so were United.  Im excited at the prosepect of what a fit Rooney, Saha, Hargreaves and Gary Neville will add to the side.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Spiritof98

Great result, Tevez header was as brave as they come and he deserved it. Chelsea eill be lucky to get a champions league spot with that performance

What about Terry trying to grab the red card, he always seems to think he can do what he wants.
I'll go back if Marsdens back

Balboa

Quote from: Spiritof98 on September 24, 2007, 09:44:19 AM
Great result, Tevez header was as brave as they come and he deserved it. Chelsea eill be lucky to get a champions league spot with that performance

What about Terry trying to grab the red card, he always seems to think he can do what he wants.

"Turncoat Terry"

http://observer.guardian.co.uk/sport/story/0,,2175106,00.html

full back

Decent enough performance. Was very disappointed with Chelski. They posed no threat at all up front & on this showing they have nothing bar Lampard & Drogba when it comes to goals.
Joe Cole is a dirty pr1ck.
Mikel didnt deserve to go & although it influenced the game, I dont think it would have changed the result.
Rooney still doesnt look 100%, but at least he is getting there
Have to criticise Saha - a total disgrace