Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

new devil

Lads don't even waste your time on ballbag....he's a fool  :-*

FermPundit

Awful news about Silvestre. Its a massive blow that hes likely to be out for the rest of the season. It leaves United a bit short of cover at the back especially with Henize departed to Madrid. With Gary Neville back to fitness, himself and Wes Brown will fulfill duties at right back and Evra will probaby revert back to his usual position of left back.

Two big games this week. I'm not sure what line up Fergie will put out on Wednesday night but I don't think he'll start Rooney with the Chelsea match coming up on Sunday. He'll probably start Saha up front with Tevez. 3 points would be great but I'd be happy enough with a point away from home.
We'll win Ulster some day, not sure when.

Goats Do Shave

It may give a chance to Pique, Evans or Simpson.

I thought Bardsley did very well when he got the chance 2 years ago also!

Sporting Lisbon will be tricky enough in Lisbon, but I fully expect UTD to win, even with their 'shaky start' to the Premiership!

I think Rooney will get a run out. Maybe a half hour, no need to rush him back! - We need Saha fit for Sunday though!

FermPundit

Yep, agree. We defintely need Saha fit for Sunday. The Chelsea defence isn't blessed with pace so hopefully Saha will be able to exploit this. I'm heading over to the game on Sunday but given both teams performances so far this season I wouldn't be surprised if it was a 0-0 draw.

magpie seanie

Tough game tonight. A win would be great but a draw with no further injuries would be more than acceptable at this stage with Chelski on the horizon.

ExiledGael

Would also take a draw tonight, also see Ronaldo is 13/2 for first goal against his old club, always worth a bet with returning players. Just one of those unwritten laws of football.
Pity about Silvestre, don't trust him that much at the back but his pace can be a great asset for certain players.
Apparently Evans was the other NI player fined for his behaviour on international duty, though can see him being blooded in the coming weeks, though not Sunday!

Square Ball

Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Square Ball

Square Ball

Man Utd
01 Van der Sar
06 Brown
05 Ferdinand
15 Vidic
03 Evra
16 Carrick
18 Scholes
17 Nani
11 Giggs
07 Ronaldo
10 Rooney
Substitutes
29 Kuszczak, 08 Anderson, 09 Saha, 19 Pique, 23 Evans, 32 Tevez, 33 Eagles

FermPundit

Great victory tonight. Poor performance in the first half but things were much improved in the second half. Van Der Sar made some some excellent saves throughout the game but I thought Vidic was outstanding. He's a rock at the centre of the defence and he's become a very important player for United.

3 points on the board with Roma up next. United have struggled away from home in European so tonight's victory was great to see. Two more victories and we should get through to the knock out stages.

I don't think United picked up any injuries tonight so hopefully we'll maintain our winning form this weekend and get another 1-0 victory against Chelsea!!

Square Ball

Apparently that is the first time in United's history that they have had four concesutive 1-0 wins

FermPundit

Quote from: Square Ball on September 19, 2007, 10:27:45 PM
Apparently that is the first time in United's history that they have had four concesutive 1-0 wins

Yeah, I heard that stat as well. United aren't playing that well but are still managing to grind out the victories. Always a good sign of a championship winning side!!

Barney

It is positive that the wins are being pulled out when playing badly but Wes Brown is an awful player and the team should play a proper formation away from home in Europe.

Goats Do Shave

QuoteIt is positive that the wins are being pulled out when playing badly but Wes Brown is an awful player and the team should play a proper formation away from home in Europe.

They won & Brown set up the winner!  :P

Though I agree, they don't look as dangerous when they play that formation, BUT they look safer at the back! & Wes Brown is technically as gifted as..... Jimmy Traore. He's a decent defender though.