Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

maxpower

decent win, becasue of work i missed the first half hour or so but it was a competent performance from then on in, the RTE boys are real grumpy old men, i'd say fergie was delighted with how things went last night.

won away from home in Europe, the defence and goalkeeper look strong, Rooney & Saha both got more minutes under their belt and Jose has gone.
What happens next????

magpie seanie

Had a bit of Ronaldo for first goal scorer at 7/1 so that was nice (actually had done it before I saw Exiled Gaels post but it was a good shout). Not a great performance but an excellent result. Unlike the commentators I thought Rooney did not look bad for a guy coming back from injury. He'll be flying in a week or two. Van der Sar earned his corn alright with two excellent saves. I think he's playing better this year than last.

Don't like the system thay play away in Europe. Think it asks for trouble. In general play United were solid last night but didn't create a whole pile and but for two world class saves would have lost! Somethnig wrong somewhere. Also, I'm sad to say Giggs and Scholes are finished as starters in my book.

Goats Do Shave

You've lost the plot!

Scholes is still 1st name in any team!

Uladh

Scholes needs a hargreaves figure in alongside to do the donkey work these days, but he's still the classiest central midfielder in the premiership with the ball at his feet.

highlight of the night last night was rooney's crossfield pass to wes brown. inch perfect from sideline to sideline

magpie seanie

Quotehe's still the classiest central midfielder in the premiership with the ball at his feet.

And with loads of time and space. His legs are gone lads - leaves way too much for others to do.

full back

Although probably irking some people, I dont rate Giggs
Running down too many blind alleys losing the ball & even his work-rate which normally isnt too bad is gone to fcuk
Pity we didnt sell him when he was worth something
Like seanie the system away from home in Europe is worrying - against better opposition we will struggle & better teams wont miss as many chances
Rooney looked slightly jaded before he came off, but a week or two & he will be flying
Below average performance but 3 points in the bag - roll on Sunday

gawa316

Quote from: Uladh on September 20, 2007, 10:16:11 AM

highlight of the night last night was rooney's crossfield pass to wes brown. inch perfect from sideline to sideline

I actually thought it was his attempt at a bicycle kick, f**k the ground shook when he landed

Goats Do Shave

Cannot believe the stick these lads are getting!!!

Giggs had arguably his best season last year! - A slower start to the season & they are all rubbish! - Come on lads, bit of loyalty!!!

Giggs would still walk onto any team in the premiership!

nifan

Quote from: Uladh on September 20, 2007, 10:16:11 AM

Scholes needs a hargreaves figure in alongside to do the donkey work these days, but he's still the classiest central midfielder in the premiership with the ball at his feet.

much as it pains me to say it i think fabregas could claim that title

full back

Quote from: Goats Do Shave on September 20, 2007, 11:17:55 AM
Giggs would still walk onto any team in the premiership!

WTF
He wouldnt even get on the Ballyhegan 'B' team
Giggs is past it. Im all for loyalty, but not mis-placed loyalty

Sam Maguire

Do any of you lads have access to tickets for United games??

I am going over to London In November and would like to take in the Arsenal game at the Emirates on Saturday the 3rd if I could get my hands on two tickets.

Any help would be great.

Goats Do Shave

Away game tickets are even harder to get a hold of than home tickets!

Especially for a big game like that & especailly in London.

Sorry lad, don't fancy your chances!  :-\

new devil

Playing well....need another 1 to wrap up the points

new devil

YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS  and there it is...first time ive seen this chelsea team played of the field

Redgreenery

Great win!! 2-0!! More than 1 goal at last and its against Chelsea! Sweet win!
Congrats to Tevez scoring his first Utd goal.

Chelsea are a shambles they were all over the place, the loss of Jose has hurt them.