Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

magpie seanie

Quote from: AZOffaly on December 09, 2016, 11:11:20 AM
Barcelona might be in the early stages of disintegration themselves. Big debt, and rumblings coming out of the Camp Nou about Messi, Suarez and Neymar, and the coach.

We can only hope....

Maroon Manc

Barcelona might be in the early stages of disintegration themselves. Big debt, and rumblings coming out of the Camp Nou about Messi, Suarez and Neymar, and the coach.

We'll see what happens Barca when Messi begins to slow down or even moves on. Suarez is nearly 30 and Iniesta is 32, replacing players like these will cost a lot of money. Barca have always spent big but players like Messi, Iniesta & Xavi don't come through the one academy too often. They've a huge debt that isn't under control, a huge % of their turnover is spent on wages, considerably more than United or Bayern and their in the process of spending hundreds of millions on redeveloping the nou camp. Barca & Real have dominated Europe for the past 7 or 8 years, think that dominance is coming to an end over the next few years.

Maroon Manc

Quote from: GJL on December 08, 2016, 10:27:04 PM
Top 4 is still well within reach.

Not sharing your confidence, we'd have to go on a great run until the end of the season; We'll need to probably win 18 of our remaining 24 league games to finish top 4 unless one of them collapses. I think its too much an ask.

nrico2006

Top 4 is very much in reach but really need to sort out these draws.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

NAG1

Quote from: nrico2006 on December 09, 2016, 02:27:42 PM
Top 4 is very much in reach but really need to sort out these draws.

Yeah I think so too, having Carrick back in the mid field has been a massive turn around for the team, gives that balance that has allowed Herrera to start to fulfil his potential.

All the team needs is for Rooney/ Martial/ Rashford/ Mata/ Pogba depending on the selections to start chipping in with a few more goals, it then starts to turn those dicey one nil scorelines around. I think if this team regains that winning confidence they could be hard to work with, all ifs and buts at the point but I think it is doable.

magpie seanie

I think the team is struggling with the pressures that have built up from slipping behind in the league and dropping stupid points. They're getting results in the cups. I honestly don't believe any of the teams above United currently are better than United. Chelsea possibly because they're probably the most solid. Last year saw a very low points requirement for top 4, it could be lower this time. It's not impossible.

yellowcard

The title is definitely gone but top 4 is achievable but I think it's fair to say that if Tottenham win on Sunday it will be almost impossible. However none of the sides in the top 5 are world beaters but the problem is the points gap that has been allowed develop. That's why I think the Europa League could well be very important. You could yet see Mourinho prioritising this competition over the League from the quarter final onwards if top 4 via league position becomes impossible.

GJL

Quote from: Maroon Manc on December 09, 2016, 01:54:43 PM

Not sharing your confidence, we'd have to go on a great run until the end of the season; We'll need to probably win 18 of our remaining 24 league games to finish top 4 unless one of them collapses. I think its too much an ask.

Liverpool have a weak enough squad and with a couple of injuries they will drop plenty of points.

seafoid

I was just looking at telegraph.Co.UK

Ibrahimovic sez Man U need a ruthless streak to finish in the  top 4. Where did it all go wrong?

Far East

Quote from: Maroon Manc on December 09, 2016, 01:54:43 PM

]
[/quote]

We can only hope....
[/quote]
Quote from: magpie seanie on December 09, 2016, 12:12:44 PM

We can only hope....
nobody, I repeat, NOBODY has spent more than this Salford based soccer franchise.  May their demise be long and terminal.

We can only hope....
[/quote]
it is this kind of moronic shit that shows United fans up as the deluded, clueless fuckwits they are.  Every real sports fan knows that nobody, I repeat, NOBODY has spent more than this Salford based soccer franchise.  May their demise be long and terminal.

Milltown Row2

That gave me a sore head.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

beer baron

Don't be so obvious with the wind ups kid   ;D

Boycey

Who do we reckon Far East is then?

From his (her?) posts I've deduced they can't figure out how to use quotes. They have already had a pop at fearon, stew and bomber all standard practice on here, now it's Utds turn.

Oh and he/she likes UFC..

Answers on a postcard please.

seafoid

Quote from: Billys Boots on June 30, 2016, 04:35:08 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on June 30, 2016, 04:26:19 PM
Mourinho and Ibrahimovic. This feels like a pivotal season for United.

I'd give it until mid-September.

It's great entertainment
Soap opera den scoth

Far East

correct assumptions 1. I don't know how to use the quote functions
                                 2. I stand by everything I said because it's true
                                 3. I'm not a united fan but they provide a service. See someone in a united strip? You don't even have to converse to know                                                  he/she is a clueless moron in all sports (but possibly a decent hure in other ways)
                                 4. Is this a wind up? Well yes and no. I speak the truth so I come from a place of integrity but the  moronic masses have a longterm aversion to the truth especially when if comes to the Salford based soccer franchise