Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

magpie seanie

I have to hand it to Schweinsteiger for the professionalism and dignity he has shown after the disgraceful treatment he has got. His best days are behind him but there's no doubt in my mind he is a better player than Fellaini and a better central midfielder than Pogba.

Jose in big trouble with the authorities, saw somewhere today he could be looking at a stadium ban. He's cracked.

magpie seanie

Rubbish. How come he got picked for Germany in the Euros? It's not like they're short of player. He's nowhere near as bad a people make out. Legs maybe not there but can pass as well as ever. Everything got exaggerated in the Van Gaal hate/people losing their minds over Mourinho.

magpie seanie

Honestly don't know what you're talking about. Didn't even know if he was married or not (nor do I care). My only judgement is on what I see on the pitch and generally he was OK.  Got caught in possession a few times in dangerous areas due to the stupid system United played at times and lack of pace was evident but knitted things together well and especially in some cup games showed a little leadership.

yellowcard

Has been one of the midfielders in Europe for the past decade, there is no doubting Schweinsteigers ability, but doubts remain over his mobility, fitness and motivation. His attitude since being cast aside by Mourinho in the summer has been exemplary though, he just put the head down and never went to the press unlike Rooney. Whether he is still capable of walking the walk only time will tell but least for now he is another option.

Geoff Tipps

C'mon, it's not all bad news-today United announced a new mattress and pillow partner!

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Geoff Tipps on October 31, 2016, 11:25:53 PM
C'mon, it's not all bad news-today United announced a new mattress and pillow partner!

To go with their blanket defence!!

TabClear

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on November 01, 2016, 07:28:46 AM
Quote from: Geoff Tipps on October 31, 2016, 11:25:53 PM

To go with their blanket defence!!

I assumed it was for the fans watching them?  :)

On the shweinsteger issue I think he would make a big difference fur United.  He's a seriously smart footballer and disciplined. He ll  do his job with little fuss on the pitch.   That's why I'm surprised Jose hadn't used him.

Maroon Manc

In fairness to Schweinstieger the club had obviously agreed to let him those breaks, have to blame LVG for allowing that not the player. Mourinho wanted rid of him so he could bring another player in but Schweinstieger has called his bluff and has eventually got back in after 3 months out in the cold. I'm surprised Schweinstieger just didn't leave, he was happy to sit back and take the money without playing. He was brought back in after the Chelsea game so reckon Mourinho  is going to play 3 midfielders a lot more from now on.

That some wage leaving the club in Rooney's & Schweinstieger's direction, over £20m a year.

seafoid

Calling £20 m a wage is nuts. It is not a workers game. The stars operate on a different level.

yellowcard

Once Woodward bowed to Rooneys £280k a week demands, the bar was set and Di Maria, Falcao, Schweinsteiger and Ibrahimovic were able to command £250k a week contracts. Woodward doesn't care as the commercial side of the club is booming and the share price is more important to him than trophies in the cabinet.

magpie seanie

Quote from: yellowcard on November 01, 2016, 10:16:14 AM
Once Woodward bowed to Rooneys £280k a week demands, the bar was set and Di Maria, Falcao, Schweinsteiger and Ibrahimovic were able to command £250k a week contracts. Woodward doesn't care as the commercial side of the club is booming and the share price is more important to him than trophies in the cabinet.

Very little of the club is in public ownership. He reports to the Glazers only.

Maroon Manc

Apparently 7 of the City's players that played in their 'reserve' team against United last night were involved as City beat Barca last night.

Jones is back in the squad tomorrow, wont be long before his next injury. He's sent a very strong squad to Turkey.

Dinny Breen

Mourhino is a busted flush. Delighted for the hateful w**ker.

Stat of the day -

Wenger has won the same amount of games in his last 8 matches as Mourinho has in his last 42.

#newbridgeornowhere

Boycey

Quote from: Dinny Breen on November 03, 2016, 08:04:28 PM

Stat of the day -

Wenger has won the same amount of games in his last 8 matches as Mourinho has in his last 42.

You shouldn't believe everything you read on twitter  ;D

Another poor night, lamentable actually..

StGallsGAA

Quote from: Dinny Breen on November 03, 2016, 08:04:28 PM

Stat of the day -

Arsenal drew against Boro last week so assuming they won the other 7 then Mourinho has only won 7 games in 42?  Holy moley!!