Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maroon Manc

Apparently 7 of the City's players that played in their 'reserve' team against United last night were involved as City beat Barca last night.

Jones is back in the squad tomorrow, wont be long before his next injury. He's sent a very strong squad to Turkey.

Dinny Breen

Mourhino is a busted flush. Delighted for the hateful w**ker.

Stat of the day -

Wenger has won the same amount of games in his last 8 matches as Mourinho has in his last 42.

#newbridgeornowhere

Boycey

Quote from: Dinny Breen on November 03, 2016, 08:04:28 PM

Stat of the day -

Wenger has won the same amount of games in his last 8 matches as Mourinho has in his last 42.

You shouldn't believe everything you read on twitter  ;D

Another poor night, lamentable actually..

StGallsGAA

Quote from: Dinny Breen on November 03, 2016, 08:04:28 PM

Stat of the day -

Arsenal drew against Boro last week so assuming they won the other 7 then Mourinho has only won 7 games in 42?  Holy moley!!

mrdeeds

Mourinho was never going to fit into the philosophy of a club like United. Not a fan but I think someone like Poch should be approached.

Walter Cronc

Couldn't happen to a nicer guy. Utter trash!

rodney trotter

Kloop would have been the perfect replacement. He doesn't have the millions like United do, but has liverpool playing great football like he did at Dortmund. And they are more of a team

United just piss away money,  Di Maria, Pogba,  Henrik Myk, and not get the best out of them

seafoid

Quote from: mrdeeds on November 03, 2016, 08:58:52 PM
Mourinho was never going to fit into the philosophy of a club like United. Not a fan but I think someone like Poch should be approached.
What is the philosophy now? .
The Glazers have destroyed Man Utd. But Asians buy the jerseys so they don't care 

Milltown Row2

Great price... 2/1. Never going to win that game!!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

The Stallion

Quote from: seafoid on November 03, 2016, 09:51:49 PM
The Glazers have destroyed Man Utd. But Asians buy the jerseys so they don't care

Nothing like some casual xenophobia of an evening eh? And from someone who supports a team outside his native country too lol.

Asal Mor

Quote from: seafoid on November 01, 2016, 10:04:29 AM
Calling £20 m a wage is nuts. It is not a workers game. The stars operate on a different level.
Heard on Off the Ball that the average player wage in the Premiership is now 43,000(not sure if that's sterling or euro) a week. They also spoke about the fact that Everton became only the second club, along with Chelsea, to pay the living wage rather than the minimum wage to all their employees.

The living wage is £7.85 an hour and the minimum wage is £6.50 an hour.

JoG2

Quote from: seafoid on November 03, 2016, 09:51:49 PM

Asians buy the legit jerseys and the rest of the world buy the Asian fakes?

magpie seanie

Time to get this utter charlatan out of the club. He hasn't a clue what he's doing. The job is too big for him as I've said before. He cannot get a team to win by playing attacking ball. He can't rebuild a team. He should go now and go back to his family in London.

I kept saying - what if last year wasn't an anomaly? What if he's finished as a manager? I think every week makes that question more pertinent.

yellowcard

Everyone knew the baggage that Mourinho bought but that was likely to be part of the package and it could be tolerated to a degree if he brought winning football and trophies. I have to admit that I never envisaged it starting as badly, since the deal with Mourinho is normally short term success before imploding in year 3/4 when everything he brings has become too exhausting and mentally draining on the club. His aura has slipped and I don't think he commands the same gravitas from modern players as he once did. There is still plenty of time to turn it around but he has never been the patient type and there isn't even the spine of a good team in place yet. Mourinho is only one part of it however and Woodward for me is the Teflon man who has overseen 3 managerial appointments with little success yet will likely continue to be heralded by the Glazers as he oversees new pillow partners to help pay for another prima donnas astronomical wages. The club is driven by commerce and money men now, the soul has been ripped out of the club.

ashman

Quote from: Asal Mor on November 03, 2016, 10:28:39 PM
Quote from: seafoid on November 01, 2016, 10:04:29 AM
Calling £20 m a wage is nuts. It is not a workers game. The stars operate on a different level.
Heard on Off the Ball that the average player wage in the Premiership is now 43,000(not sure if that's sterling or euro) a week. They also spoke about the fact that Everton became only the second club, along with Chelsea, to pay the living wage rather than the minimum wage to all their employees.

The living wage is £7.85 an hour and the minimum wage is £6.50 an hour.

Modern Soccer is utterly debased .