Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maroon Manc

Good year for the u21's, Warren Joyce has done a great job although the standard of the u21's is very average. Ro-Shaun Williams who's played in every game I think since October is still available for the youth team next season. The journo's who were slating United at youth level have all gone quiet.

Jeepers Creepers

Even 'if' Utd finish Fourth ahead of City, they will still only qualify for the Europa league if City win the champions league and Liverpool win the Europa. Lots of ifs. See PSG have open talks with Maureen as well.

Boycey

Quote from: Jeepers Creepers on April 20, 2016, 12:04:33 PM
Even 'if' Utd finish Fourth ahead of City, they will still only qualify for the Europa league if City win the champions league and Liverpool win the Europa. Lots of ifs. See PSG have open talks with Maureen as well.

97/1 for these 3 things to happen with Paddy Power...

StGallsGAA

QuoteEven 'if' Utd finish Fourth ahead of City, they will still only qualify for the Europa league if City win the champions league and Liverpool win the Europa. Lots of ifs.See PSG have open talks with Maureen as well.

Perhaps but PSG will have difficulty attracting any CL winning manager, other than those in search of a huge pay packet alone.  The French league is so poor that PSG never need to invest in a defence when they can win virtually every game with little effort.  When it come to the CL the step up will be so huge compared to weekly league games that the chance or CL glory will be an exceptionally difficult task despite a virtually unlimited budget. 

Maroon Manc

An easy win tonight, we should have scored a lot more goals but still not great to watch. Our crossing is appalling, it doesn't matter which player it is the crossing is just dreadful although the chances of picking out a player are slim considering there never seems to be more than one player in the box.

It looks like Rashford will start upfront on Saturday so he'll probably play Rooney further back as he doesn't have the balls to drop him.

Maroon Manc

Huge game tomorrow, winning trophies is a habit and all the great teams under Fergie began a period of success winning the league cup or FA Cup.

Rashford will start so I'm expecting to see our useless scouser in midfield, I'd rather Fellaini play instead of him although LVG will probably fully depress me by playing the pair of them.

Its important to start well as Everton are lacking confidence but knowing this United team we'll allow Everton to grow into the game.

Hound

Its interesting how the form of Everton, Palace and Watford has plummetted since they made the semis. Nothing to play for in the league and focus completely lost. Not easy to get back on track now D-Day has finally arrived.

Agree that if United start well they should win pulling away. Lukaku always dangerous if they let Everton into it.

Boycey

The Rooney bashing has gone beyond a joke on this forum, I'd comfortably play him before either Mata or Lingard despite his obvious shortcomings..

Recent form points to a comfortable United win tomorrow but as a man once said footballs a funny old game and maybe a cup semi-final with little expectation on their shoulders is just what Everton need, like Wigan a couple of years back.

Maroon Manc

Quote from: Boycey on April 22, 2016, 02:22:24 PM
The Rooney bashing has gone beyond a joke on this forum, I'd comfortably play him before either Mata or Lingard despite his obvious shortcomings..

Recent form points to a comfortable United win tomorrow but as a man once said footballs a funny old game and maybe a cup semi-final with little expectation on their shoulders is just what Everton need, like Wigan a couple of years back.

Mata & Lingard aren't good enough either to start in a good United team, Lingard is a squad player and thats possibly still a debate.

An 18 year old Rashford offers more as a centre forward than Rooney who is one of the best paid players in the world. Rooney hasn't had a great game against top oppositions since the 11/12 season.

Boycey

De Gea, Fosu-Mensah, Smalling, Blind, Rojo, Carrick, Fellaini, Lingard, Rooney, Martial, Rashford

Maroon will be pleased :-)

I'm most surprised at Carrick starting to be honest

snoopdog

Quote from: Boycey on April 23, 2016, 04:35:57 PM
De Gea, Fosu-Mensah, Smalling, Blind, Rojo, Carrick, Fellaini, Lingard, Rooney, Martial, Rashford

Why? Carrick is the only decent midfielder we have.

Boycey

Quote from: snoopdog on April 23, 2016, 04:50:40 PM

I'm a big Carrick fan just surprised that him, Fellaini and Rooney would all start. A bit slow and ponderous maybe although Fellaini was the ace in the pack in the quarter finals

snoopdog

Quote from: Boycey on April 23, 2016, 04:58:31 PM
Quote from: snoopdog on April 23, 2016, 04:50:40 PM

I'm a big Carrick fan just surprised that him, Fellaini and Rooney would all start. A bit slow and ponderous maybe although Fellaini was the ace in the pack in the quarter finals
True

GJL

Martial wearing gloves? WTF?