Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

StGallsGAA

QuoteLads, if United win the cup, which they surely will now, and finish 4th, which looks certainly possible given Arsenal's stuttering, would that constitute a good season, given the current circumstances?

You're opening line is a clear indicator of the garbage that is about to follow on from it.....

AZOffaly

Huh? You don't think United will be clear favourites in a Cup Final against Palace? What is garbage about that? And with the results United have been getting recently, Arsenal's stuttering may well see them land in 4th. I don't see what the problem is here? I'm asking if those things happen, would LVG save his job? Would it be a decent season's haul, all things considered?

If that's garbage, then I think you must have a very low threshold on garbage :)

Maroon Manc

Quote from: AZOffaly on April 25, 2016, 11:58:39 AM
Quote from: Maroon Manc on April 25, 2016, 11:56:11 AM
Quote from: AZOffaly on April 25, 2016, 11:50:37 AM
Lads, if United win the cup, which they surely will now, and finish 4th, which looks certainly possible given Arsenal's stuttering, would that constitute a good season, given the current circumstances? Given the fears maybe 6 weeks ago, that's probably a great result!

The football has been horrendous and he's affected season ticket renewals so he's a goner.

But did the season tickets get affected because people thought the season was falling apart, or was it really about style of play? As you said, the stuff Ferguson played in the last 2 or 3 years wasn't exactly high octane either. If the season gets rescued, would the season tickets get renewed in a rush?

This season has been taken to a new level in terms of dullness, its been horrendous and speaking to older reds its a lot worse than under Sexton.

All the ST holders I know have spoken to the club and all told them they'll not renew if LVG stays although most of them will renew if he stays but are using the gap between now and renewal time to put pressure on the club but there are a few I follow on twitter who won't renew. The club have put back the date you date you have to renew by until after the cup final, they changed it a few weeks ago. Even LVG hasn't been as bullish about staying in recent weeks.

AZOffaly

Quote from: Maroon Manc on April 25, 2016, 12:07:36 PM
Lads, if United win the cup, which they surely will now, and finish 4th, which looks certainly possible given Arsenal's stuttering, would that constitute a good season, given the current circumstances? Given the fears maybe 6 weeks ago, that's probably a great result!

The football has been horrendous and he's affected season ticket renewals so he's a goner.

But did the season tickets get affected because people thought the season was falling apart, or was it really about style of play? As you said, the stuff Ferguson played in the last 2 or 3 years wasn't exactly high octane either. If the season gets rescued, would the season tickets get renewed in a rush?

This season has been taken to a new level in terms of dullness, its been horrendous and speaking to older reds its a lot worse than under Sexton.

All the ST holders I know have spoken to the club and all told them they'll not renew if LVG stays although most of them will renew if he stays but are using the gap between now and renewal time to put pressure on the club but there are a few I follow on twitter who won't renew. The club have put back the date you date you have to renew by until after the cup final, they changed it a few weeks ago. Even LVG hasn't been as bullish about staying in recent weeks.

Interesting. The bar will have been set quite high for his successor, no matter who it is. Attacking, fast football, that returns at least CL qualification and a major trophy. That's a tough gig.

GJL

Given the size of the club in terms of revenue generating ability I would say any season where Utd are not at the top of the table or very close to it is a failure. This season has been a failure no matter what happens now.

AZOffaly

True, by revenue alone, they should be winning the league every year nearly.

Canalman

For him to be replaced, imo there has to be a really stand out replacement on standy. Realistically someone who has won the Champions League. Can't see anyone out there bar Mourinho who imo MU will never have or want.

LvG to stay .

NAG1

That has been my argument about JM, he will split the fans regardless of how he goes about the job if it is given to him.

Say what you like under AF in the last couple of seasons the football wasnt great but there was still it was competitive and the effort level was there, they were always seen to be going for games and trying to get that last minute equaliser/ winner that they because famous for.

That's the bit that fans remember and want back, honesty and effort and having a go in games right to the death.

Maroon Manc

Quote from: AZOffaly on April 25, 2016, 12:11:45 PM
Quote from: Maroon Manc on April 25, 2016, 12:07:36 PM

Interesting. The bar will have been set quite high for his successor, no matter who it is. Attacking, fast football, that returns at least CL qualification and a major trophy. That's a tough gig.

We are the most boring team to watch I've ever seen, its not that hard to beat that.

Its a decent squad with some very good players and some brilliant young prospects. A good manager who will have a lot of money to spend should bring in 3 or 4 top players and should have us challenging for the league as its hard to make a case for one team running away with it. 

StGallsGAA

We are the most boring team to watch I've ever seen, its not that hard to beat that.

Its a decent squad with some very good players and some brilliant young prospects. A good manager who will have a lot of money to spend should bring in 3 or 4 top players and should have us challenging for the league as its hard to make a case for one team running away with it.

That's true.  Until United start to challenge again Leicester 2016 will have given everyone, even newly promoted teams, hope that they can challenge Arsenal any year!   ;D  ;D

screenexile

Seeing Leicester lift the Trophy at the Theatre of w**ks this Sunday would be fantastic!!!

Minder

Wouldn't have thought MUFC would give a toss about a few disgruntled season ticket holders, they will soon be replaced. Ticket revenue is small beer to clubs now, especially from next season.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Tony Baloney

Quote from: screenexile on April 25, 2016, 10:00:30 PM
Seeing Leicester lift the Trophy at the Theatre of w**ks this Sunday would be fantastic!!!
;D

NAG1

Quote from: Tony Baloney on April 25, 2016, 10:11:07 PM
Quote from: screenexile on April 25, 2016, 10:00:30 PM
;D

Cant think of a more fitting stadium (other than their own) for them to secure the title, no United fans would be begrudging them that after the season they have had.

Its a lot different to the likes of Arsenal or Chelsea coming and doing the same, luckily enough we havent needed to worry about Liverpool coming and doing it  ;)

Ranieri seems to be universally liked so good luck to them, shows what a bit of unity and belief can do, coupled with talent.

Maroon Manc

Quote from: Minder on April 25, 2016, 10:10:13 PM
Wouldn't have thought MUFC would give a toss about a few disgruntled season ticket holders, they will soon be replaced. Ticket revenue is small beer to clubs now, especially from next season.

Every penny counts to the Glazers, ticket revenue is worth over a £100m to United.