Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NAG1

Quote from: Tony Baloney on March 11, 2016, 01:31:11 PM
Loving the whataboutery from the Man United lads. Classy individuals as always.

No whataboutery, it shouldnt happen on either side end of.

Farrandeelin

Listened to the game on 5Live. I listened to a bit of the analysis. One of the first things mentioned was the Utd fans singing about Hillsborough. I'm sure there are plenty of United fans who are disgusted by these. Even though they don't represent me, i'm still disgusted that it happened. What happened at Hillsborough could have happened to anybody. It was unfortunate those Liverpool fans were in the wrong place at the wrong time. I'm not sure why laoislad posted the singing up on gaaboard, however. I wouldn't like to think anybody here has any sympathy for those knobheads singng whatever they were singing. For the love of God, don't try to justify what happened last night by resorting to Munich chants.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

brokencrossbar1

There were mindless idiots, like every club. No different to the clowns you hear on the sideline of a GAA match shouting things like 'take him out of it' or 'break his legs'. The one thing that was good was that the response last night by the Liverpool fans was to sing YNWA etc and not resort to Munich chants. They are passionate games but hopefully this won't happen again from either fans. I am though disappointed that the United hierarchy have not come out and said that it was wrong and should not happen or if they have I must have missed it. While they can't stop people doing it they have the onus to make their 'fans' clear in no uncertain terms that it is wrong.

deiseach

Quote from: Farrandeelin on March 11, 2016, 01:39:06 PM
For the love of God, don't try to justify what happened last night by resorting to Munich chants.

*applause*

Maroon Manc

I can remember the 10 year anniversary of Hillsborough at OT in 99, one idiot said he wouldn't observe the minutes silence and he was rightly told he'd get a hiding if he didn't and he kept his mouth shut.

United have sung murderers to Liverpool for years in reference to Heysel, last night a few more than normal got carried away and retaliated with a stupid chant. Both clubs have scummy elements to their support as do most of the big clubs but a United v Liverpool game really does bring the worst out in some people and they get carried away. People really under estimate the animosity between the 2 cities, its not just football related.

Maroon Manc

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on March 11, 2016, 01:52:13 PM
There were mindless idiots, like every club. No different to the clowns you hear on the sideline of a GAA match shouting things like 'take him out of it' or 'break his legs'. The one thing that was good was that the response last night by the Liverpool fans was to sing YNWA etc and not resort to Munich chants. They are passionate games but hopefully this won't happen again from either fans. I am though disappointed that the United hierarchy have not come out and said that it was wrong and should not happen or if they have I must have missed it. While they can't stop people doing it they have the onus to make their 'fans' clear in no uncertain terms that it is wrong.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/merseyside/4372230.stm

AZOffaly

That's not fair, those people may have known the chicken :)

deiseach

Quote from: Maroon Manc on March 11, 2016, 02:00:06 PM

I'm impressed that you managed to see that fowl.

laoislad

Quote from: deiseach on March 11, 2016, 02:06:10 PM

I was very eggcited clicking the link.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

NAG1

Back to the football

What's the plan then for West Ham at the weekend, Swheinsteiger back in? Darmain to right back? Smalling and Blind centre back?

Didnt understand why he didnt go back to more orthodox 442 last night, but here there are a lot of things I dont understand about the current set up.

gawa316

Quote from: laoislad on March 11, 2016, 02:10:04 PM
Quote from: deiseach on March 11, 2016, 02:06:10 PM

I was very eggcited clicking the link.

It's a cracking story to be fair.

Maroon Manc

Quote from: NAG1 on March 11, 2016, 02:19:25 PM
Back to the football

What's the plan then for West Ham at the weekend, Swheinsteiger back in? Darmain to right back? Smalling and Blind centre back?

Didnt understand why he didnt go back to more orthodox 442 last night, but here there are a lot of things I dont understand about the current set up.

West Ham will let us have all the possession and score a couple of goals on the counter, hard to see anything else happening. Darmian adds nothing going forward, I'd like to see Fosu-Mensah playing right back instead but doubt it will happen. I'd play Rojo with Smalling and move Blind to left back if Borthwick-Jackson isn't fit. I'd play Schniderlin, Schweinsteiger & Herrera in the middle with Martial & Lingard out wide and Rashford up front. LVG's team will be nothing like that though.

NAG1

Quote from: Maroon Manc on March 11, 2016, 03:17:57 PM
Back to the football

West Ham will let us have all the possession and score a couple of goals on the counter, hard to see anything else happening. Darmian adds nothing going forward, I'd like to see Fosu-Mensah playing right back instead but doubt it will happen. I'd play Rojo with Smalling and move Blind to left back if Borthwick-Jackson isn't fit. I'd play Schniderlin, Schweinsteiger & Herrera in the middle with Martial & Lingard out wide and Rashford up front. LVG's team will be nothing like that though.

I have never really liked playing that 5 in mid field especially at home, but I guess needs must at the moment.

Maroon Manc

Quote from: NAG1 on March 11, 2016, 03:33:29 PM
Quote from: Maroon Manc on March 11, 2016, 03:17:57 PM
Back to the football

I have never really liked playing that 5 in mid field especially at home, but I guess needs must at the moment.

Mata is suspended so without him we're a bit short on options for a no 10 and I don't see him playing Rashford & Martial up front. We all know he's going to depress us all and play Fellaini.