Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NAG1

Shocking performance if not a shocking result, I was fearful of this one with the different styles of play.

Makes no difference I think to LVG's position I still think he will be away in the summer, to be totally fair to him he cant really account for Memphis Morgan Rashford Blind to name but a few having absolute shockers. Also to be fair to him he changed tactically at half time and gained control of the ball and the game for a spell but the team is so toothless that it made no difference with no cutting edge.

These games can always throw up a strange result and I still wouldnt describe the tie as over, but it will take a performance the likes of which we have seen in the past two seasons to turn it around.

The more worrying thing is that the pick of both teams on the pitch last night would still have trouble beating Dortmund.

Maroon Manc

As expected LVG's luck run out against Liverpool, a shocking display but didn't expect much more when I saw a midfield of Fellaini & Schniderlin. We've played as bad as that 7 or 8 times this season so its hardly a surprise.

There wasn't a lot happening until the award of  the pen which is never a pen, a little bit of 'contact' took place outside the box and there was no evidence at all it happened in the box, Howard Webb must be blind. Pens are now given when they wouldn't be given as a free kick outside the box, the goal changed the match and from then on we were dreadful. The ref was dreadful, he failed to book Can & Moreno early on as Rashford had got away from them yet booked Rashford for a similar challenge with the Liverpool player going nowhere. Clyne is a cheat, diving at every opportunity he got and managed to get Fellaini booked even though he missed him by about a yard. The 2nd goal looked offside and it turned out it was, after booking players for nothing he managed to let Schniderlin off with a warning for a blatant booking and then missed Fellaini's various attempts to get sent off.

This is not to take away from an another appalling performance from us although Rio was getting carried away with the players we let go, most of them he mentioned had been average for a few season. I just don't see how we can neat West Ham on Sunday and we've no chance oof overturning this next Thursday, then its the small matter of the derby in out next league game; Roll on May.

laoislad

Quote from: NAG1 on March 11, 2016, 09:10:51 AM
Shocking performance if not a shocking result, I was fearful of this one with the different styles of play.

Makes no difference I think to LVG's position I still think he will be away in the summer, to be totally fair to him he cant really account for Memphis Morgan Rashford Blind to name but a few having absolute shockers. Also to be fair to him he changed tactically at half time and gained control of the ball and the game for a spell but the team is so toothless that it made no difference with no cutting edge.

These games can always throw up a strange result and I still wouldnt describe the tie as over, but it will take a performance the likes of which we have seen in the past two seasons to turn it around.

The more worrying thing is that the pick of both teams on the pitch last night would still have trouble beating Dortmund.
I agree the tie is far from over.United will hardly be as bad again next week.If they get an early goal it could put the shits up Liverpool.
Saying that I think one goal from Liverpool and I think it will be over.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

laoislad

Quote from: GJL on March 11, 2016, 09:04:12 AM
Meh!

Quote from: GJL on February 25, 2016, 10:21:48 PM

Would like to get Liverpool. LVG has had a lot of problems but beating Liverpool is not one of them.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

TabClear

No way it's over.  Both teams are capable of jekyll and Hyde performances and the roles could easily be reversed next week. An early goal for United and Liverpool will be nervous.  As well as they played last night there were mistakes in defence last night that could easily have cost goals.  Sakho air shot that gifted mata a chance and more no missed header in first minute spring to mind.

As for the pen to my mind it was a foul. Depay was lazy, let Clyne get on the wrong side and grabbed him. I actually thought there was a clip of the heels as well just inside the box but haven't seen a a conclusive replay on this.

Allen did well when he came on. Tidy and efficient. It will be interesting to see if milner starts next week.

Maroon Manc

Quote from: TabClear on March 11, 2016, 09:51:50 AM
No way it's over.  Both teams are capable of jekyll and Hyde performances and the roles could easily be reversed next week. An early goal for United and Liverpool will be nervous.  As well as they played last night there were mistakes in defence last night that could easily have cost goals.  Sakho air shot that gifted mata a chance and more no missed header in first minute spring to mind.

As for the pen to my mind it was a foul. Depay was lazy, let Clyne get on the wrong side and grabbed him. I actually thought there was a clip of the heels as well just inside the box but haven't seen a a conclusive replay on this.

Allen did well when he came on. Tidy and efficient. It will be interesting to see if milner starts next week.

Barely grabbed him and it was outside of the box. Ref was appalling.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Maroon Manc on March 11, 2016, 11:01:30 AM
Quote from: TabClear on March 11, 2016, 09:51:50 AM

Barely grabbed him and it was outside of the box. Ref was appalling.
;D
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

NAG1

Quote from: general_lee on March 11, 2016, 11:07:43 AM
Quote from: laoislad on March 10, 2016, 10:43:29 PM
Classy as always

http://www.benchwarmers.ie/videos/manchester-united-fans-disgrace-themselves-with-disgusting-hillsborough-chant/48302/#.VuH3a8unzqA
Hope Liverpool go through after that

GL

There are plenty of examples of both sides using these offensive chants, long running issue for both clubs but sure everyone can act as if it is a brand new thing to suit.

TF15

Every football club is littered with absolute clowns who think peddling out chants like that makes them a bigger fan as they're giving their rivals abuse, it's pathetic. Very few clubs can take the high ground in this respect. The 'outrage' amongst Liverpool fans is funny as no doubt next week their own fans will be making plane gestures. All as bad as each other.

On the match, United are a shambles, LVG needs to go and 90% of the squad isn't good enough to play for a club the size of United. On Liverpool, good tempo/pressing and should have put the tie to bed. Nevertheless, Liverpool are a mile off being a top team again. Simply the superior of two poor sides.

blewuporstuffed

Does anyone know what Uniteds strongest team is at the minute?
LVG has spent huge amounts of money on the squad, yet it seems to me everytime I see them they have some sort of makeshift team out.
Im sure injuries etc will be offered as an excuse, but there is something badly wrong when you spend the kind of money they have on the squad and you are continually fielding makeshift full backs , Carrick at CB, Fellani as a CF, and throwing young lads in at the deep end.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Bord na Mona man

Quote from: NAG1 on March 11, 2016, 11:11:08 AM
Quote from: general_lee on March 11, 2016, 11:07:43 AM
Quote from: laoislad on March 10, 2016, 10:43:29 PM
Classy as always

http://www.benchwarmers.ie/videos/manchester-united-fans-disgrace-themselves-with-disgusting-hillsborough-chant/48302/#.VuH3a8unzqA
Hope Liverpool go through after that

GL

There are plenty of examples of both sides using these offensive chants, long running issue for both clubs but sure everyone can act as if it is a brand new thing to suit.
English soccer fans in offensive chant shocker!

GJL

Quote from: laoislad on March 11, 2016, 09:47:30 AM
Quote from: GJL on March 11, 2016, 09:04:12 AM
Meh!

Quote from: GJL on February 25, 2016, 10:21:48 PM

Would like to get Liverpool. LVG has had a lot of problems but beating Liverpool is not one of them.

:-[

It's only half time.

Maroon Manc

Hardly a surprise to see the scousers take the moral high ground, they love a bit of self pity.

StGallsGAA

QuoteHardly a surprise to see the scousers take the moral high ground, they love a bit of self pity
Follow by a compensation claim of course...