Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Worker

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 03, 2015, 09:43:34 PM
Quote from: Captain Obvious on November 03, 2015, 09:41:33 PM
Manchester United will only get rid of Van Gaal if they finish outside the top four at the end of the season.

He's already stated he's leaving this season....

Where you see this?

GJL

Much needed goal and win. Hope it continues in the league with a decent run of fixtures coming up.

rodney trotter

Manchester United will only get rid of Van Gaal if they finish outside the top four at the end of the season.

He took the job for 3 years.

Lingard had a decent performance for United. Doumbia made a right balls of that late chance for CSKA. A player free for an open goal.

Cunny Funt

Quote from: stew on November 03, 2015, 09:27:23 PM
WTF, he brings Martial off? This man is an absolute clown, if Mourinho gets whacked United may as well give him a shot because he cant be any worse than LVG.
The substitution paid off. 4 games in a row without conceding a goal that is Mourinho like at his best and United under LVG are difficult to beat unlike Chelsea currently.

DuffleKing

One of United's better performances this season going forward. Lingard was a real bright spark. The Russians parkked the bus and United did well to break them down eventually. De Gea proved his worth too.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: The Worker on November 03, 2015, 09:52:24 PM

Where you see this?

Cant remember but think he said  in some press conference ... I could be wrong but he's not making it any easier if he is staying for another season
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

laoislad

Quote from: DuffleKing on November 03, 2015, 10:43:28 PM

One of United's better performances this season going forward. Lingard was a real bright spark. The Russians parkked the bus and United did well to break them down eventually. De Gea proved his worth too.
I thought Lingard lacked quality to be a United type player?
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

DuffleKing

Quote from: laoislad on November 03, 2015, 10:47:39 PM
Quote from: DuffleKing on November 03, 2015, 10:43:28 PM

I thought Lingard lacked quality to be a United type player?

We're all entitled to think for ourselves - you should try it sometime

muppet

Quote from: Captain Obvious on November 03, 2015, 09:46:55 PM

I think he stated he's leaving or retiring in 2017.

He may not know what year it is though....
MWWSI 2017

Maroon Manc

We just about got there last night although I was gutted it was Rooney that scored, that buys him another month in the team without pressure. Once again he was useless, he offers nothing outside the box, he's nothing but a hindrance. The goal was all about Carrick, it was a brilliant ball to Lingard. Carrick takes more risks with his passing in the final 3rd than any other player we have, he deserves to start ahead of Basti based on last night.

We'll become a better side to watch when we bring in better players, still not convinced about Mata either will not write him off until he's playing with better players around him.

On a positive note we're keeping clean sheets and picking up points and these were games we were losing last seaosn, we kept 11 clean sheets last season in the league but we have 7 already this season, its progress.

Only issue I have with LVG is Rooney, over 3 years ago RVP was brought in because Fergie knew Rooney was past his best yet he's still here. Wilson's injury problems and Depays lack of form have saved him.

NAG1

Slightly better last night speed of the passing was higher and looked more of a threat (not that that would have been difficult from recent times) but needs to be continued and improved even further.

To be fair Smalling has been superb in the last few games, he seems to have realised how strong he actually is and is now knocked players out of the way on way to winning the ball and actually playing it out. Long may that continue.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Maroon Manc on November 04, 2015, 10:49:24 AM
We just about got there last night although I was gutted it was Rooney that scored, that buys him another month in the team without pressure. Once again he was useless, he offers nothing outside the box, he's nothing but a hindrance. The goal was all about Carrick, it was a brilliant ball to Lingard. Carrick takes more risks with his passing in the final 3rd than any other player we have, he deserves to start ahead of Basti based on last night.

We'll become a better side to watch when we bring in better players, still not convinced about Mata either will not write him off until he's playing with better players around him.

On a positive note we're keeping clean sheets and picking up points and these were games we were losing last seaosn, we kept 11 clean sheets last season in the league but we have 7 already this season, its progress.

Only issue I have with LVG is Rooney, over 3 years ago RVP was brought in because Fergie knew Rooney was past his best yet he's still here. Wilson's injury problems and Depays lack of form have saved him.

:o
What about all the money that has been spent by LVG?
was it not for 'better players'?
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

thebigfella

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on November 04, 2015, 11:37:03 AM

There is a enough quality there to play attractive football. Man for man that squad is better than Leicester but you don't see then playing this dull crap.

laoislad

No sure its all about the net spend.......
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

NAG1

Quote from: laoislad on November 04, 2015, 11:49:56 AM

No sure its all about the net spend.......

I think MM is waiting on a replacement for Rooney LL, that's what he is referring too.