Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stew

Quote from: GJL on July 07, 2015, 11:05:28 PM
Anyone know much about this Darmain man that has been signed?

Torino POTY last season, he is very versatile and can play anywere at the back and on the wings in midfield, he loves to attack up the flanks and is anly 24 or so, for 18-20 mil he is going to be considered a great piece of business.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

DuffleKing

He's a cracking player and has been for over two years. Is this confirmed?

Walter Cronc

Have a few Italian mates who slagged him big time pre WC but from what I've seen of him he's very impressive!

magpie seanie

I honestly know very little about him but what I've read it seems he could be very good. Was really hoping United would land Coleman because I like the lad a lot. Anyway - this is a gap in the team that needed filling. Need a couple more still.

DuffleKing

Still need a centre back, holding midfielder and striker.

Hummels, schneiderlin and Lewandowski will do nicely...

GJL

Quote from: DuffleKing on July 08, 2015, 09:33:08 AM

Still need a centre back, holding midfielder and striker.

Hummels, schneiderlin and Lewandowski will do nicely...

Need 2 strikers. Falcao gone, RVP looks like gone and Hernandez not fancied by LVG.

Bord na Mona man

Quote from: magpie seanie on July 08, 2015, 09:27:47 AM
I honestly know very little about him...
He's an Italian defender. That should be enough!

Maroon Manc

I know nothing about him but if played over here he'd be costing us in excess of £20m not £12.7

I'd only sell Di Maria to Bayern if it meant we got Muller otherwise don't bother.

As for De Gea I like how the club are handling the situation. Real know they'll have to get rid of Ramos this summer or get him to sign a new contract as there's no way he's going to be happy with his current deal. Real have debt problems and can't afford to put him in the highest brackets of earners, the same situation happened for Di Maria.

I can see RVP leaving, he wants to be first choice with next summers euro's and he knows that won't happen at OT; There is no other club who will offer him that sort of contract either, he can run his contact down but next summer he'll be 32 and wouldn't get more than a 2 year contract at nowhere near the money he's been offered. The issue is who to replace him, Lacazette at Lyon could be likely as he's not signed a new contract yet.

Jeepers Creepers

De Gea is a done deal from what I hear. Ramos rumours have all gone quiet. Darmian will be on 30k a week, certainly worth a punt.

rodney trotter

Van Persie joining Fenerbahce along with Nani. United could be facing them in August,  Champions League qualifiers.

general

Quote from: rodney trotter on July 08, 2015, 08:19:12 PM
Van Persie joining Fenerbahce along with Nani. United could be facing them in August,  Champions League qualifiers.

Fenerbahce doing some more signing i see with John Obi Mikel of chelski about to sign

Jeepers Creepers

An awful lot of selling, not much buying

Over the Bar

That's true Jeepers but an awful lot of players were getting an awful lot of dosh for not much contribution on the field! 

Maroon Manc

Quote from: Jeepers Creepers on July 09, 2015, 01:49:23 PM
An awful lot of selling, not much buying

We'll have done well to get a fee for RVP considering he's on about £11m a year and he's 32 next month. The same goes for Nani, apparently the higher bracket of tax is nothing like it is around the rest of Europe.

I don't see DeGea leaving unless we get a huge fee or Ramos in return.