Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GJL

magpie seanie

Chelsea's next two games are home to United and away to Arsenal. Is it possible they lose both? I think it is possible. That would leave things a little more interesting. Arsenal currently 25/1 and United 33/1. I know it's highly unlikely but is it THAT unlikely?

mb80b60

Quote from: magpie seanie on April 15, 2015, 02:10:34 PM
Chelsea's next two games are home to United and away to Arsenal. Is it possible they lose both? I think it is possible. That would leave things a little more interesting. Arsenal currently 25/1 and United 33/1. I know it's highly unlikely but is it THAT unlikely?

Can't see Jose losing both games to be honest.  He should pick up at least a point.  I guess if United were to win at Stamford Bridge it would be interesting to see how Chelsea react to the pressure.

However, I think Mourinho will get a draw in a forgettable game this Saturday.

Boycey

Quote from: mb80b60 on April 15, 2015, 02:20:03 PM

Can't see Jose losing both games to be honest.  He should pick up at least a point.  I guess if United were to win at Stamford Bridge it would be interesting to see how Chelsea react to the pressure.

Lets face it Chelsea don't need to win this weekend and United wouldn't exactly turn down a draw either.

José's modus operandi is to set himself up in a game like not to lose and he'll know he has enough quality in the middle of the park and forward line even without Costa to nick a goal and win 1-0. A dull draw is a possibility, a lot will depend on whether United decide to have a good go at it or not..

mb80b60

Quote from: Boycey on April 15, 2015, 02:32:04 PM

Lets face it Chelsea don't need to win this weekend and United wouldn't exactly turn down a draw either.

José's modus operandi is to set himself up in a game like not to lose and he'll know he has enough quality in the middle of the park and forward line even without Costa to nick a goal and win 1-0. A dull draw is a possibility, a lot will depend on whether United decide to have a good go at it or not..

I think United will have a go at it - they don't really have anything to lose.  Regardless of this result top 4 should still be assured. 

A defeat for Chelsea could really put the jitters on them so I think Mourinho will disrupt the game as much as possible.  Hope I'm wrong, but I can't see it being a great game.

nrico2006

Chelsea aren't a great side and have not been overly impressive this past while.  I would still put my money on them winning the league but two defeats against United and Arsenal is not out of the question.  Chelsea finished last season pretty poorly too.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Boycey

Quote from: mb80b60 on April 15, 2015, 02:41:42 PM
Quote from: Boycey on April 15, 2015, 02:32:04 PM

I think United will have a go at it - they don't really have anything to lose.  Regardless of this result top 4 should still be assured. 

A defeat for Chelsea could really put the jitters on them so I think Mourinho will disrupt the game as much as possible.  Hope I'm wrong, but I can't see it being a great game.

Uniteds grip on fourth (or better) is roughly the same as Chelsea's on 1st? Two defeats for United would give them the jitters not forgetting its Everton away next week

Boycey

Carrick, Rojo, Jones and Blind all out of tomorrows game, with Evans still suspended we're down to the bare bones at the back again. Shaw presumably in for Blind with McNair partnering Smalling in the centre.

magpie seanie

That's disappointing. Hope he moves Herrera into Carrick's slot and starts Di Maria rather than moving Rooney out and starting Falcao or RVP.

GJL

Manchester United boss Louis van Gaal is facing a major injury crisis ahead of tomorrow's trip to Chelsea.

Van Gaal is without four key men for the visit to Stamford Bridge, with United looking for a seventh straight win in the Premier League.

Michael Carrick and Marcos Rojo have  both been ruled out, while Daley Blind and Phil Jones are also struggling to make it.

Jonny Evans remains suspended to leave Van Gaal short on defensive cover, with skipper Wayne Rooney likely to drop back into midfield with Carrick out.

Carrick has a calf injury, Rojo an aductor muscle problem, while Blind and Jones both have ankle issues, the former suffering his in a reckless challenge by Manchester City skipper Vincent Kompany in United's 4-2 derby win last Sunday.

Van Gaal said: "We have four players injured from the last match, so that is not so good.

"I hope that we can recover two of them (Blind and Jones) but Carrick and Rojo are out.

"That's the worst scenario, because Rojo and Jones can both play on the left side of central defence. Evans is also suspended, so I have a puzzle for tomorrow.

"Blind and Carrick can play the holding midfield position, so I don't have any option there.

"So maybe I will have to play Rooney there. Other players can profit from the situation now."

Boycey

Quote from: magpie seanie on April 17, 2015, 12:36:18 PM
That's disappointing. Hope he moves Herrera into Carrick's slot and starts Di Maria rather than moving Rooney out and starting Falcao or RVP.

Van Gaal doesn't trust Herrera in that position which is why he's left him out so much this season, he doesn't think he disciplined enough defensively.

GJL

Maroon Manc

The biggest dilemma is who replaces Carrick? Shaw will come in a left back, McNair will likely partner Smalling. I think he'll play Rooney or Herrera, if Herrera then Rooney will drop back into his position. Just don't think he trusts Di Maria enough defensively to play him in Herrera's position. If RVP is fit I'd play him upfront, he's not had a chance to play in our new formation yet. RVP is playing for his future at the club whilst Falcao is already a goner.

StGallsGAA

No Carrick = no win v Chelsea!

ballinaman

1-1 written all over tomorrow.