Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

yellowcard

I reckon Van Gaals brief is to finish top 3 or face the sack. Moyes must be watching this now thinking why was I not backed in the transfer market in the manner that LVG was. There appears to be lack of leadership in that Man U side and appointing Rooney as captain says it all.

J OGorman

Quote from: gallsman on September 22, 2014, 02:40:07 PM
What did all the United fans here think of Rooney's "passion" after United conceded the equalizer, especially as he was as culpable of any of the defenders and completely cocked up his clearance?

£42,000 quid per day in wages  :o

beer baron

Yesterday was a bit shambolic really wasn't it? It was out of the Arsene Wenger school of defending,high line even though we were quite obviously beaten for pace everytime,i hope this isn't a sign of what the future holds.
On the plus side Falcao's got some gametime under his belt which will do him no harm and he played well enough yesterday(a lot better than RVP for me anyway) and has got himself an assist already to match his total or the past 2 years apparently.

The Insider

Think it's time Rafeal is shown door , as soon as he got up following been knocked over you could see the penalty been conceded. This has happened time and time again . De Gea also must take some blame , he has to become more vocal in organizing the defence. Hopefully Arsenal follow up their reported interest in Smalling and another liability leaves . People diss Ryan Shawcross but he is the type of player the Utd defence need , hated by every forward who play against him Evans , Jones and Smalling all to easily bullied plus all are injury prone  . Another problem seems to be RVP has gone even further back this season and needs to be dropped untill form returns or moved on in the next window 

Muck Savage

Quote from: TabClear on September 22, 2014, 07:01:39 AM
Quote from: Muck Savage on September 22, 2014, 04:09:17 AM
Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on September 22, 2014, 01:10:14 AM
5 points from 5 games against Swansea, Sunderland, Burnley, QPR and Leicester so far this year.

Last season they had 7 points from 5 games against Swansea, Chelsea, Liverpool, WBA and City.

Is your point that last years side have more points at the same stage with a more difficult start than this seasons all conquering Liverpool team?

The bitter United fan's default reaction at teh minute. Ignore the fact we are awful, but find some way to point out that Liverpool are not as good as last year!

What I would have read from Gab's post is that United had a much tougher start last season under Moyes and got more points??? Not sure how Liverpool come into it...

You really believe it wasn't an attempt at a Gloat??

OK - So last years team were coming into the season as Premier League Champions, had a team working off a system and attitude that they had been use to for a long time (one player for 20 years). It was an aging team and as the season wore on some of those players showed this more than others add in the fact that Moyes started to adjust the system/attitude and things crumble.

This years team comes into the season with another change in management, another system to get use to and a bunch of new players. Like last year it takes time for the system/attitude to take effect, time they don't have now, however with the players they have on board now vs. last year this should get better. They won't win the league as Chelsea and City have teams that have the core still there from last year, management hasn't changed in other words stability. United still have some areas to address from the aging players left by Ferguson. Looking at the team now they look the most dangerous team going forward in the league (my opinion of course) but the defense needs a lot of work. Getting into the top 4 is the goal this season

Muck Savage

Quote from: Ethan Tremblay on September 22, 2014, 09:50:27 AM
I'm glad UTD are struggling as player power and fan pressure pushed Moyes out the door to soon last season, his only real mistake axing the entire back room team when he arrived. 

Now LVG is shipping sub-standard results it shows me a few things:

• Moyes got the bullet too soon, having an experienced manager counts for nothing within this team (makes you realise how good Ferguson really was).
  • LVG system is severely flawed, lots of flair, little grit
  • Utd are too far behind the top 4 teams already in terms of league standings and self belief, I fear what will happen when the play chealsea and city.
[/b]
[/list] 

To top things off LVG only has the FA cup and League to play for, so until after XMAS it will be only 1 game per week to focus on, get the tactics right, players rested and game plan implemented correctly, there should be no excuses!

Who are the top 4 teams? Last years top four, without Chelsea, City 3pts ahead, Arsenal opts ahead and Liverpool 1pt ahead. After the weekend I don't think Liverpool's self belief is any better than United's. Other 2 teams in the top 4 now, Villa and Southampton won't last. Everton and Spurs are level or just 2pts ahead. I really don't understand the statement above.

magpie seanie

The hysteria needs to die down. LVG will get this right but there will be plenty of nasty shocks along the way, like last Sunday. It will take time and his track record shows this. I take comfort from the fact that most of United's competitors for top 4 places are dropping points too so that hopefully when things are settled and bedded in (and the defensive injuries mean it's not Evans and Blackett as CB's  ::) ) there won't be too much of a deficit to claw back. Chelsea look a cut above everyone though I did laugh at Lampard getting the equaliser.

Anyone defending Moyes is either having a laugh or a complete idiot. Players didn't come to United because of him. It's different with LVG of course.

angermanagement

Quote from: magpie seanie on September 23, 2014, 11:21:56 AM

Anyone defending Moyes is either having a laugh or a complete idiot. Players didn't come to United because of him. It's different with LVG of course.

Not defending Moyes but what players didn't come to United because of him? Was the chief executive not to blame for all that.

I would imagine most players will sign for anyone if the moneys right you only have to look at Falcoa to appreciate that regardsless of club or manager.

HiMucker

The hysteria needs to die down. LVG will get this right but there will be plenty of nasty shocks along the way, like last Sunday. It will take time and his track record shows this. I take comfort from the fact that most of United's competitors for top 4 places are dropping points too so that hopefully when things are settled and bedded in (and the defensive injuries mean it's not Evans and Blackett as CB's  ::) ) there won't be too much of a deficit to claw back. Chelsea look a cut above everyone though I did laugh at Lampard getting the equaliser.

That's the biggest red herring of the lot.  Anyone who thinks players don't go where they get paid the most is deluded.  Why do you think players are heading to PSG and the like?  United could have put me as manager and all the players that came in would still have signed!

beer baron

Blackett apparently in the England squad. I'd say there's a few lads like Shaw Ross and Davies wondering what they've done wrong.

rodney trotter

Why did Falcao join Monaco last year Magpie Seanie?, They weren't in the CL at the time so it was obviously for financial reasons. They were only promoted that season after a few seasons in the French first Division.  You should wise up yourself

magpie seanie

Quote from: rodney trotter on September 23, 2014, 12:48:36 PM
Why did Falcao join Monaco last year Magpie Seanie?, They weren't in the CL at the time so it was obviously for financial reasons. They were only promoted that season after a few seasons in the French first Division.  You should wise up yourself

Do you honestly believe Falcao, Di Maria, Blind and Rojo would be at United now if Moyes was still in charge? Cop on ta fcuk.

blewuporstuffed

so who will it be?
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

magpie seanie

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on September 23, 2014, 01:47:10 PM

so who will it be?

Go on. I'm sure you can work it out yourself.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: magpie seanie on September 23, 2014, 01:49:42 PM
Quote from: blewuporstuffed on September 23, 2014, 01:47:10 PM

so who will it be?

Go on. I'm sure you can work it out yourself.
no, i cant. please tell me?
Unless united are hiding 2 top class centre halves somewhere that i dont know about, Jones & smalling certainly arent a huge step up from evans & blackett.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either