Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

laoislad

Man United have just bid £200 million for Jamie Vardy.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Milltown Row2

Anyone who thinks Utd's  troubles are past them is fooling themselves. They still need the players in defence and a Keane type midfielder. Once that comes then Utd will be able to compete.

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Wildweasel74

thats what you get when u buy a ton of forwards and no really good defenders, bit like the spurs line up 15yrs back

pip_squeak

Laoislad, you are an annoying pest.  You seem to take more delight in United dropping points than when Liverpool win.  This is symptomatic of someone who is bitter.  Why don't you just focus on Liverpool? 

United fans will be disappointed on 2 counts today - (1) a rubbish refereeing performance which undoubtedly contributed to the result.  The penalty decision was really poor, as was the fact he didn't award Blackett a free-kick for a blatant push just before he got sent off  (2) a really poor team defensive performance...trying to score with every attack, and therefore sometimes giving the ball away too easily.  I think all of the United players are guilty of this, including Rooney.  It annoys me when I see Rooney bollocking others for making mistakes when he is as guilty of giving the ball away needlessly when trying to play "Stevey Gerrard's Holywood type passes" which aren't always necessary.  It will take time for a new defence to settle, but when United keep the ball better all over the pitch the defence won't be made to look as bad as they were made to look today.

laoislad

Quote from: pip_squeak on September 21, 2014, 04:12:15 PM
Laoislad, you are an annoying pest.  You seem to take more delight in United dropping points than when Liverpool win.  This is symptomatic of someone who is bitter.  Why don't you just focus on Liverpool? 

;D
Thanks.

Wildweasel74

Yip the ref the cause of letting in 5 goals, i thought Alex Ferguson had left united

BennyCake

It's going all 2001: A Dutch Odyssey.

4 strikers on with no wingers, and all that. Only this time LVG has decided to play without defenders too.

Jeepers Creepers

Utd went 2 up and stopped playing. They're complacency is frightening. Rojo  was bought to replace Evra not play like him. Bit more balls in midfield and 3 at the back ain't going to work.

trileacman

Ha ha ha you're sh!t.

*this is the only place left for me to gloat tonight.  :(
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

laoislad

Just watching Match of the Day. That was a fantastic finish from Di Maria.

Gabriel_Hurl

5 points from 5 games against Swansea, Sunderland, Burnley, QPR and Leicester so far this year.

Last season they had 7 points from 5 games against Swansea, Chelsea, Liverpool, WBA and City.

Muck Savage

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on September 22, 2014, 01:10:14 AM
5 points from 5 games against Swansea, Sunderland, Burnley, QPR and Leicester so far this year.

Last season they had 7 points from 5 games against Swansea, Chelsea, Liverpool, WBA and City.

Is your point that last years side have more points at the same stage with a more difficult start than this seasons all conquering Liverpool team?

TabClear

Quote from: Muck Savage on September 22, 2014, 04:09:17 AM
Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on September 22, 2014, 01:10:14 AM

Is your point that last years side have more points at the same stage with a more difficult start than this seasons all conquering Liverpool team?

The bitter United fan's default reaction at teh minute. Ignore the fact we are awful, but find some way to point out that Liverpool are not as good as last year!

What I would have read from Gab's post is that United had a much tougher start last season under Moyes and got more points??? Not sure how Liverpool come into it...

GJL

There is no doubt that the defence is poor but how much protection are they getting from the rest of the team? Loads of players that want to bomb forward to score goals but not so keen to track back to help out at the dirty end. I would expect this can be helped a lot on the training field.