Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BennyCake

Quote from: rodney trotter on April 26, 2014, 11:21:49 AM
Patrick Kluivert to be number 2.. ?

I can just imagine him with that eye patch...

rodney trotter

He is the number 2 with Van Gaal at Holland, seems to be that he will be part of the management with Utd, wherever that would leave Giggs.

Shrewdness

All the speculation now suggests that Van Gaal it will be, with (as Rodney said) Patrick Kluivert as his No.2. He will also bring his own goalkeeping coach and physio. The bit concerning me are reports that he will have a budget of 80 million(100 million). This is less than half the budget that Moyes was reportedly going to have..At today's inflated prices, that won't go far enough. If that figure is accurate, seems like he'll need to get selling.

Captain Obvious

Quote from: Shrewdness on April 26, 2014, 03:26:21 PM
All the speculation now suggests that Van Gaal it will be, with (as Rodney said) Patrick Kluivert as his No.2. He will also bring his own goalkeeping coach and physio. The bit concerning me are reports that he will have a budget of 80 million(100 million). This is less than half the budget that Moyes was reportedly going to have..At today's inflated prices, that won't go far enough. If that figure is accurate, seems like he'll need to get selling.
Or keep most of the players and get more out of them than David Moyes did.

gawa316

Giggs leaves Mata on the bench

EC Unique

Quote from: gawa316 on April 26, 2014, 04:57:57 PM

And starts Cleverly. #giggsout

The Worker

Quote from: EC Unique on April 26, 2014, 05:38:31 PM
Quote from: gawa316 on April 26, 2014, 04:57:57 PM

And starts Cleverly. #giggsout

;D

The gift that keeps on giving!

orangeman

The good times return. Lovely blazer too. You could get a woman with a blazer and a stubble like that.

EC Unique

laoislad

That must nearly be 7th spot secure now lads eh?
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

yellowcard

Big gamble on Giggs today, 20/1 into as short as 4/1 second favourite. Probably due to him having Fergusons support, winning easily and now Rooney has stated he should get the job. The longer they go without appointing a new manager the more this romantic idea will grow legs. I think it would be too big of a gamble after the Moyes debacle but it can't be ruled out.

J OGorman

Wonder has Giggsy come up for air to watch MOTD?

magpie seanie

Quote from: yellowcard on April 26, 2014, 07:52:03 PM
Big gamble on Giggs today, 20/1 into as short as 4/1 second favourite. Probably due to him having Fergusons support, winning easily and now Rooney has stated he should get the job. The longer they go without appointing a new manager the more this romantic idea will grow legs. I think it would be too big of a gamble after the Moyes debacle but it can't be ruled out.

Ryan Gigg is is a United legend but this notion that he should be given the job permanently is bonkers. Ferguson would want to shut the fcuk up at this stage. Thanks for all you did as manager but stop picking managers - you're not good at it. Giggs might go on to be a fantastic manager but it's simply impossible to know if he will and after the disastrous Moyes era stability and certainty is needed. It has to be Van Gaal or someone with a proven track track record to minimise the chances of continued failure.

Good win today after an iffy start. The penalty was obviously a huge help and United played some good stuff in the second half. The attacking talent is there. Norwich couldn't expose the weaker areas today.

orangeman

Van Gaal, Kluivert and Giggsy seems to be the deal.