Minder

Let Moyes pick his successor !
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Old yeller

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on April 21, 2014, 02:25:03 PM
Well - he's gone

https://twitter.com/MailSport

>:(

It doesn't say he's gone! It says he might go in the next few weeks, possibly even today

imtommygunn

All over twitter he's about to go. I know it's rumour but it's rife and not looking good for him.

brokencrossbar1

Ay no, I hoped it would have lasted longer...the only blessing is that the pay off for him and presumably the staff he brought in will be the equivalent of a Mata level signing.  Will be very interesting to see who gets the long term job but Giggs in now with Fergie as his 'consultant' would be a decent short term fix.

No more of this unfortunately  :(

EC Unique

Hard not to feel sorry for him but enough is enough. Van Gaal being talked up as favourite to get the job. RVP would love to see that.

J70

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on April 21, 2014, 03:07:02 PM
Ay no, I hoped it would have lasted longer...the only blessing is that the pay off for him and presumably the staff he brought in will be the equivalent of a Mata level signing.  Will be very interesting to see who gets the long term job but Giggs in now with Fergie as his 'consultant' would be a decent short term fix.

Isn't that gif a little unfair to Moyes, shite and all as he's been?

Wasn't it 2-1 until injury time in that Fulham match?  In all fairness, any manager would have been punching the air after two goals in two minutes late in a game where you were 1-0 down.

brokencrossbar1

It's the gif that keeps on gifing!!!

J70

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on April 21, 2014, 03:44:33 PM

Don't get me wrong, it sums up his season perfectly! :)

Just a shame its not true!

Walter Cronc

Quote from: J70 on April 21, 2014, 03:53:19 PM
Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on April 21, 2014, 03:44:33 PM

Don't get me wrong, it sums up his season perfectly! :)

Just a shame its not true!

Don't worry J70. Moyes doesn't read the gaaboard :)

deiseach

But...but...but...Man Utd don't sack managers! It's one of the club's most cherished principles. I refuse to believe it.

magpie seanie

Thank God. Sorry for Moyes on a human level but thankful the nightmare is coming to a halt. Van Gaal or Klopp should get United back to competing for the title next season.

deiseach

Quote from: J70 on April 21, 2014, 03:42:52 PM

Wasn't it 2-1 until injury time in that Fulham match?  In all fairness, any manager would have been punching the air after two goals in two minutes late in a game where you were 1-0 down.

You're right. I don't know why they felt the need to doctor the gif, the reality was bad enough.

rodney trotter

Van Gaal seems the likely choice, seeing that Utd were in talks with him.  Didn't work out for Moyes, shouldn't have been offered the job,will get a nice pay off nonetheless. They clearly don't trust Moyes with whatever money is available this summer.Although if he had a chance to build his own side in the summer things might have been different next year, but was too big a risk when performances weren't that good. Some players have let him down too.  Van Gaal has a lot more impressive  cv then moyes and should attract big names.  Kloop would be  great choice too, but he signed  new deal last October

magpie seanie

Quote from: deiseach on April 21, 2014, 04:04:53 PM
Quote from: J70 on April 21, 2014, 03:42:52 PM

You're right. I don't know why they felt the need to doctor the gif, the reality was bad enough.

I hope you enjoyed this season.

gawa316