Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

magpie seanie

Don't like the way he threw Jones under the bus. Jones is definitely one of the guys giving it his all. It was a stupid thing to do but a manager should never, ever, have isolated him like that.

I had myself convinced United were going to win yesterday. It happens me a lot with teams I support (my club, my county) though I guess in the last 20 odd years with United they've usually won!

Apparently the Glazers have made it known they want to make the Europa League (not that I give a fcuk what those cnuts want usually but bear with me). If I'm right 6th guarantees that and 7th gets in if Arsenal finish outside the top 4 and win the cup (possible, but not the most likely thing to happen). United have 3 homes games in a row now (Norwich, Sunderland and Hull) followed by Southampton away on the last day. Spurs are 6 points ahead and have played 1 game more and have to go to Stoke & West Ham followed by a home game against Aston V(an)illa. United goal difference is vastly superior but any reasonable assesment of what I've just posted would have Spurs favourites for 6th.

so if United don't make the Europa does Moyes get the bullet? I'm not talking "should he" - I'm wondering if the gimps will have had enough. Losing them money is the only thing that gets their attention....

From the Bunker

It's not a nice place to be vying for a Europa League place. Spuds console themselves that they get European football by qualifying for it. But it's only pretend European Football. The last couple of years it has been dominated by Portuguese and Spanish teams doing well, as well as who ever Benitez is managing. To win it (if you can be bothered) you have to come back for pre-season early and you have to play about 20 games. Feck sake to win the League cup you only have to win 5 matches at the most and it is as valuable a piece a silverware? The carrot of the winners of the Europa League going into the Champions League the following year. Adds to the value of the competition. But jez it's a long journey!

magpie seanie

Did anyone see the guy dressed up as the grim reaper near the United dugout yesterday. Kinda funny you'd have to admit.

magpie seanie

Quote from: From the Bunker on April 21, 2014, 01:40:56 PM
It's not a nice place to be vying for a Europa League place. Spuds console themselves that they get European football by qualifying for it. But it's only pretend European Football. The last couple of years it has been dominated by Portuguese and Spanish teams doing well, as well as who ever Benitez is managing. To win it (if you can be bothered) you have to come back for pre-season early and you have to play about 20 games. Feck sake to win the League cup you only have to win 5 matches at the most and it is as valuable a piece a silverware? The carrot of the winners of the Europa League going into the Champions League the following year. Adds to the value of the competition. But jez it's a long journey!

Agree with all of that but I'd look at it slightly differently. I'd play the reserves and young lads in the group games. If you get out of the group (a club like United should, even by playing a weakend lineup), then go for it. A big problem this year is that Moyes, despite changing the team all the time, hasn't rotated the squad well and you've had a good few players not getting enough game time. Europa League would see to that.

Gabriel_Hurl

Tony Baloney

Disappointing if he has gone. Talk about Giggs as long-term successor.

Minder

Let Moyes pick his successor !
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Old yeller

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on April 21, 2014, 02:25:03 PM
Well - he's gone

https://twitter.com/MailSport

>:(

It doesn't say he's gone! It says he might go in the next few weeks, possibly even today

imtommygunn

All over twitter he's about to go. I know it's rumour but it's rife and not looking good for him.

brokencrossbar1

Ay no, I hoped it would have lasted longer...the only blessing is that the pay off for him and presumably the staff he brought in will be the equivalent of a Mata level signing.  Will be very interesting to see who gets the long term job but Giggs in now with Fergie as his 'consultant' would be a decent short term fix.

No more of this unfortunately  :(

EC Unique

Hard not to feel sorry for him but enough is enough. Van Gaal being talked up as favourite to get the job. RVP would love to see that.

J70

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on April 21, 2014, 03:07:02 PM
Ay no, I hoped it would have lasted longer...the only blessing is that the pay off for him and presumably the staff he brought in will be the equivalent of a Mata level signing.  Will be very interesting to see who gets the long term job but Giggs in now with Fergie as his 'consultant' would be a decent short term fix.

No more of this unfortunately  :(

Isn't that gif a little unfair to Moyes, shite and all as he's been?

Wasn't it 2-1 until injury time in that Fulham match?  In all fairness, any manager would have been punching the air after two goals in two minutes late in a game where you were 1-0 down.

brokencrossbar1

It's the gif that keeps on gifing!!!

J70

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on April 21, 2014, 03:44:33 PM

Don't get me wrong, it sums up his season perfectly! :)

Just a shame its not true!

Walter Cronc

Quote from: J70 on April 21, 2014, 03:53:19 PM
Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on April 21, 2014, 03:44:33 PM

Don't get me wrong, it sums up his season perfectly! :)

Just a shame its not true!

Don't worry J70. Moyes doesn't read the gaaboard :)