Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

J70

Quote from: magpie seanie on April 15, 2014, 03:46:54 PM
Quote from: J70 on April 15, 2014, 03:39:31 PM
Quote from: magpie seanie on April 15, 2014, 03:30:09 PM
Just read that people are putting jersies, scarves etc on Liam Whelan Bridge in Cabra today - United, Liverpool and Sunderland jersies mentioned in the piece I read. Fair play. A great answer. People are being encouraged to do likewise if they can. There are so many more good people and it's great to see little acts of defiance like this.

It's a very nice (and important) gesture of support for the Whelan family, but in terms of "defiance", do you really think, given the mentality of the young idiots who did this, that it will make a difference? Teenagers are idiots, especially when a few 2 litres have been enjoyed.

Might not make any difference but I dare say even with the low intelligence these clowns who did this have they must know their actions are despised by the vast majority.

True.

Shrewdness

Has it been proven that it was teenagers or 'young people' that did this.? Unless the culprits have already been identified, how do we know what age they were?..I also heard elsewhere about the 260,000 supposedly on offer to Kroos. If it's true, it would suggest that negotiations of some kind have already begun. I can't help feeling that Kroos is allowing United's interest to boost his chances of a much improved contract offer from Bayern.

From the Bunker

You know there is one positive to come out of this. Liam Whealans profile has be raised. Young people will google his name to see who he was and what he achieved.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: Shrewdness on April 15, 2014, 07:29:00 PM
Has it been proven that it was teenagers or 'young people' that did this.? Unless the culprits have already been identified, how do we know what age they were?..I also heard elsewhere about the 260,000 supposedly on offer to Kroos. If it's true, it would suggest that negotiations of some kind have already begun. I can't help feeling that Kroos is allowing United's interest to boost his chances of a much improved contract offer from Bayern.

No solid proof they were actually Liverpool fans.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Only a mercenary would go to the likes of Utd. 7'th in the Premier League and a club in decline.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

Jeepers Creepers

Quote from: rodney trotter on April 15, 2014, 03:16:28 PM
Quote from: Shrewdness on April 15, 2014, 11:50:17 AM
With Bayern Munich announcing the summer signing of a 23 year old central midfielder on a free from Eintracht Frankfurt, it won't make it any easier for Toni Kroos to nail down a regular spot if he stays in Munich. Also heard that Bayern now have a contract offer on the table for him, now up to himself.

Utd offering 260k a week, I can't see Munich willing to pay that http://t.co/SusAiLRclC

260k a week!? That's some serious pressure even before you even pull a jersey on.

pullhard

Would that be before tax ? Serious amount of cash!!
What effect would it have in relation to financial fair play? - I hear this phase pucked about but I don't really understand it.

imtommygunn

Quote from: pullhard on April 15, 2014, 09:35:55 PM
What effect would it have in relation to financial fair play? - I hear this phase pucked about but I don't really understand it.

You'll hear about it more shortly- city in big trouble. Wonder could they be docked points.

pullhard

Quote from: imtommygunn on April 15, 2014, 09:41:34 PM

You'll hear about it more shortly- city in big trouble. Wonder could they be docked points.

Christ didn't think it was that serious!

BarryBreensBandage

Is it true that Utd have signed Sporting Lisbon midfielder Carvalho for £35m?
"Some people say I am indecisive..... maybe I am, maybe I'm not".

trueblue1234

Wouldn't be too many 20+ year olds running around with spray paint....
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

imtommygunn

Quote from: pullhard on April 15, 2014, 09:44:29 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on April 15, 2014, 09:41:34 PM

Christ didn't think it was that serious!

Might not be that serious but is becoming more of a hot potato.

You're losing money, you can afford to, lose some more ain't really the answer. Uefa coming down on it though. European bans or points deducted are possibilities.

Shrewdness

Barry Breen... Yes, i have the same info as you. Remains to be seen if this is true, but word tonight that United have agreed a fee of 35m with Sporting Lisbon for 24 year old William Carvalho. Will be at World Cup with Portugal. Let's see if this info sticks.

BarryBreensBandage

Quote from: Shrewdness on April 15, 2014, 10:31:56 PM
Barry Breen... Yes, i have the same info as you. Remains to be seen if this is true, but word tonight that United have agreed a fee of 35m with Sporting Lisbon for 24 year old William Carvalho. Will be at World Cup with Portugal. Let's see if this info sticks.

Over £100m for three players in one year - and none of them would be in any top 20 list of players in the world.
Utd starting to get like City & Chelsea in buying in instead of progressing talent - I would have criticised Ferguson in the past, but at least he nurtured talent alongside bringing in big names!
"Some people say I am indecisive..... maybe I am, maybe I'm not".