Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: laoislad on April 05, 2014, 05:38:06 PM
Unied 14 points off the top with only 15 points left to play for.
It's gonna be hard for them to win the title now.

Yes think this year is over in terms of winning the title, always next year, lets hope I get my bet up though (small consolation) come on the Reds!!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

gawa316

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 05, 2014, 05:46:10 PM
Quote from: laoislad on April 05, 2014, 05:38:06 PM
Unied 14 points off the top with only 15 points left to play for.
It's gonna be hard for them to win the title now.

Yes think this year is over in terms of winning the title, always next year, lets hope I get my bet up though (small consolation) come on the Reds!!

Uh oh!

ross4life

Goes to show how atrocious Man United have been in OT this season that they lost to that Newcastle side.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

The Worker

Quote from: ross4life on April 05, 2014, 06:38:48 PM
Goes to show how atrocious Man United have been in OT this season that they lost to that Newcastle side.

You are underestimating the loss of cabaye, who was the match winner at OT.

Farrandeelin

Is this another 'win well before getting hammered' performance from Utd? Can't see them getting much in Munich I'm afraid.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Shrewdness

Mata is a top quality player who will be even better next season when he has fully settled in, and will hopefully have more top quality new signings around him. Still can't believe that Chelsea let him go.

under the bar

QuoteIs this another 'win well before getting hammered' performance from Utd? Can't see them getting much in Munich I'm afraid.

You're really going out on a limb there!

The Worker

Quote from: Shrewdness on April 06, 2014, 09:12:59 AM
Mata is a top quality player who will be even better next season when he has fully settled in, and will hopefully have more top quality new signings around him. Still can't believe that Chelsea let him go.

Can't see too many more top quality signings joining in the summer, unless Moyes is replaced.

pullhard

Quote from: The Worker on April 06, 2014, 03:29:08 PM
Quote from: Shrewdness on April 06, 2014, 09:12:59 AM

Can't see too many more top quality signings joining in the summer, unless Moyes is replaced.

Wash your mouth out with soap! For he is the chosen one!

The Worker

It's now impossible for utd to retain their title after Liverpools win today. When was the last time utd season was over before Easter ?

pullhard

In a great position in the champions league.

Captain Obvious

Quote from: The Worker on April 06, 2014, 06:00:02 PM
It's now impossible for utd to retain their title after Liverpools win today. When was the last time utd season was over before Easter ?
In fairness it could be said the season was over for Manchester United in January when Swansea knocked them out of the FA cup.

Shrewdness

After Fergie and over 26 years in charge, this was always likely to be a season of transition, although nobody expected it to be so turbulent. If United finish the season strongly, it will probably be enough to save Moyes job..I can't help comparing Moyes performance at United to that of his successor at Everton. United have gone backwards under Moyes, not helped by a poor transfer policy last summer..Mata will be proven to be a great signing, Fellaini won't. Contrast that to Martinez at Everton. He acted shrewdly in the transfer market last summer by signing Mc Carthy, Barry(loan), and Lukaku (loan). All 3 have made a positive contribution, unlike Fellaini. Martinez has transformed in a positive way the type of football Everton now play, whilst Moyes had the opposite effect at Old Trafford. The big question is...if United are only to finish in 6/7'th position, will the type of player required to improve them be willing to join?

magpie seanie

Good to see the quality of Mata and Kagawa in recent weeks. I noted Mata singling out Kagawa in his after match interview. If United are to get anything in Munich they need to be a bit bold and play Kagawa through the middle.

nrico2006

Quote from: Shrewdness on April 06, 2014, 07:48:30 PM
After Fergie and over 26 years in charge, this was always likely to be a season of transition, although nobody expected it to be so turbulent. If United finish the season strongly, it will probably be enough to save Moyes job..I can't help comparing Moyes performance at United to that of his successor at Everton. United have gone backwards under Moyes, not helped by a poor transfer policy last summer..Mata will be proven to be a great signing, Fellaini won't. Contrast that to Martinez at Everton. He acted shrewdly in the transfer market last summer by signing Mc Carthy, Barry(loan), and Lukaku (loan). All 3 have made a positive contribution, unlike Fellaini. Martinez has transformed in a positive way the type of football Everton now play, whilst Moyes had the opposite effect at Old Trafford. The big question is...if United are only to finish in 6/7'th position, will the type of player required to improve them be willing to join?

There was a mention last week of how certain perceptions can be contagious if someone on Sky Sports or whatever show come out with it, and the one about players maybe not wanting to join United is one of them.  Having one poor season isn't going to change United's stature in the world game, top players will still be as likely to come this summer as they they two summers ago.  Funny how there was never talk like this whenever Chelsea were down the league a few years ago or when the Liverpool's and City's were nowhere near the top of the league.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'