Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

J OGorman

Quote from: AFS on December 05, 2013, 10:25:33 PM
Fact of the day

Number of starts at club level for Marouane Felliani this season: 10
Number of wins from those starts: 1

Terrible player.

The same felliani who used to eat the utd team for breakfast when he played forenenst them?? Might be fact that hes in the engine room with a 54 year old and a player who certainly cant take the rough and tumble ;-)

Aaron Boone

Doesn't matter now, but thought United were really unlucky not to win v Everton.
Fully expect reaction this weekend.

J OGorman

Quote from: AFS on December 05, 2013, 11:06:26 PM
Quote from: J OGorman on December 05, 2013, 10:50:19 PM
Fact of the day

Terrible player.

The same felliani who used to eat the utd team for breakfast when he played forenenst them?? Might be fact that hes in the engine room with a 54 year old and a player who certainly cant take the rough and tumble ;-)

He's had multiple midfield partners and been a hindrance to each. Zero goals, zero assists, an incredible four shots on goal in that time too. In summary, he doesn't score goals, create goals, or stop goals. He is useless. £28 million of useless.

Yer woman from Strabane who won the euro millions would have to stump up another million in hard cash to buy him...its a mad mad world

laoislad

Quote from: J OGorman on December 05, 2013, 11:35:22 PM
Quote from: AFS on December 05, 2013, 11:06:26 PM
Quote from: J OGorman on December 05, 2013, 10:50:19 PM
Fact of the day

Terrible player.

He's had multiple midfield partners and been a hindrance to each. Zero goals, zero assists, an incredible four shots on goal in that time too. In summary, he doesn't score goals, create goals, or stop goals. He is useless. £28 million of useless.

Yer woman from Strabane who won the euro millions would have to stump up another million in hard cash to buy him...its a mad mad world

Especially when they could have got him 4 million cheaper a few weeks earlier  ;)
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Dougal Maguire

Quote from: EC Unique on December 05, 2013, 05:35:55 PM
Quote from: orangeman on December 05, 2013, 04:56:58 PM
Quote from: EC Unique on December 05, 2013, 04:54:57 PM
I like the look of the fixture list from now until the end of the year. A lot of points should be got and I expect Utd to be well positioned by 2014.

What would a Man U fan be happy with now - top four finish ? Or is top 4 too am bitious given the form they're in currently ?

Top 4 is of course possible and I think Utd will be in the top 4 by the end of the year. If Utd do not finish in the top 4 it should trigger a lot of $$$$$ being poured into the squad so maybe it would be better long term to dip out of the CL to force the owners to change their attitude. Utd are Utd after all so any drop in form will not last long.
You're quite correct. Their last dip in form only ran from 1967 until 1992
Careful now

nrico2006

United haven't been great but then again neither have City, Chelsea or Liverpool.  The only side with a bit of consistency is Arsenal.  EC is actually right in that this season will see a massive spending surge by United in the summer.     
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Minder

Quote from: nrico2006 on December 06, 2013, 09:20:10 AM
United haven't been great but then again neither have City, Chelsea or Liverpool.  The only side with a bit of consistency is Arsenal.  EC is actually right in that this season will see a massive spending surge by United in the summer.     

Leon Osman and Phil Jagielka could be available.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Mayo4Sam

Quote from: EC Unique on December 05, 2013, 05:35:55 PM
Quote from: orangeman on December 05, 2013, 04:56:58 PM
Quote from: EC Unique on December 05, 2013, 04:54:57 PM
I like the look of the fixture list from now until the end of the year. A lot of points should be got and I expect Utd to be well positioned by 2014.

What would a Man U fan be happy with now - top four finish ? Or is top 4 too ambitious given the form they're in currently ?

Top 4 is of course possible and I think Utd will be in the top 4 by the end of the year. If Utd do not finish in the top 4 it should trigger a lot of $$$$$ being poured into the squad so maybe it would be better long term to dip out of the CL to force the owners to change their attitude. Utd are Utd after all so any drop in form will not last long.

Not picking on you EC because of the other conversation we had this week but these are two ridiculous statements. Not making the CL means less money into the club means less money out of the club, its a business.
Every club thinks this, Everton, Liverpool, Notts forest, Leeds, Preston etc
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

Walter Cronc

Who's going to join United though? Cesc, Thiago, Iniesta and Herrer have all been looked at with mixed responses. Reus has a buyout clause but it's unlikely he will join, given the current style of play. To be successful you need a strong British core to begin with and build from that. Fergie had his 92 class, Wenger had the back 4, and Chelsea had Terry, Lampard, and Cole. Wenger seems to be re-building with Ramsey, Wilshere, Walcott and Gibbs. If United are to rebuild it will take time, not just a couple of big foreign names. What about the lad they signed from Crewe? He can't be any worse than Cleverly!!

trueblue1234

A spending surge is no guarantee of success. And it can take time for players to bed in. Missing the CL this year would make it hard for DM to continue. Utd would need a big name in there to make up for the lack of CL. And DM just doesn't offer that. I have to say I thought this was going to be a temporary dip in performance and that things would right themself again. But it's not looking that way.
And I'm not so sure that there would be a massive spending surge. Remember while Utd make huge revenues, they are also very heavily leveraged with debt. So missing out on the CL could have a serious effect on the expected revenue from next year. So while I think they will definitely spend, I'd expect them to be very careful over the spending and will they trust DM to spend lump sums of 40-50 Million which might be required? I don't think they will, especially if they don't improve and start challenging this year.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

The Worker

If utd don't make top 4 I would fully expect Rooney to join city or Chelsea. To say not making the top 4 could be good for utd is one of the most ridiculous statements to be made on this board.

ballinaman

Quote from: The Worker on December 06, 2013, 09:54:09 AM
If utd don't make top 4 I would fully expect Rooney to join city or Chelsea. To say not making the top 4 could be good for utd is one of the most ridiculous statements to be made on this board.
United becoming shit could have a few benefits.
1. It would weed out the glory hunter fans,
2. The odd cup run ala 70's and 80's could be exciting.
3. Get to be one of those cool hipster fan's who look down on newly successful clubs and talk about tradition ect.

It could all get very exciting, good to mix things up  :P

laoislad

That's not what he said though is it.
Yeah they will spend big probably but it won't be a good thing to not be in CL just so they might spend big because they are out of it.  They'll spend more and buy better players if they are in the CL!!!
There can be no benefit to not being in the Champions League! It's madness to think otherwise.

laoislad

Quote from: ballinaman on December 06, 2013, 10:01:23 AM
3. Get to be one of those cool hipster fan's who look down on newly successful clubs and talk about tradition ect.

Ye Mayo lads must be use to making the best of things and looking on the bright side of things!

ballinaman

Quote from: laoislad on December 06, 2013, 10:16:38 AM
Quote from: ballinaman on December 06, 2013, 10:01:23 AM

Ye Mayo lads must be use to making the best of things and looking on the bright side of things!
It's a gift.........../curse