Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Worker

Quote from: ross4life on January 16, 2013, 10:29:10 PM
Average enough performance from Man United tonight 1-0 about right i feel. Big Sam not happy that hammers didn't get a penalty accidental handball IMO the same with the one United got & justice was done when Rooney blasted yet another penalty over the bar.

Giggs deserved his MOTM award.

Can see fat Sams issue, no consistency yet again.

NAG1

Quote from: The Worker on January 16, 2013, 10:30:58 PM
Average enough performance from Man United tonight 1-0 about right i feel. Big Sam not happy that hammers didn't get a penalty accidental handball IMO the same with the one United got & justice was done when Rooney blasted yet another penalty over the bar.

Actually more of a case for the Hammers penalty Rafael's arm actually came forward with the ball, while the united penalty the ball was just blasted against the lads hand, poor in both I would have said. That should do Rooney with the penalties now anyway.

magpie seanie

Quote from: NAG1 on January 17, 2013, 08:43:22 AM
Quote from: The Worker on January 16, 2013, 10:30:58 PM

Actually more of a case for the Hammers penalty Rafael's arm actually came forward with the ball, while the united penalty the ball was just blasted against the lads hand, poor in both I would have said. That should do Rooney with the penalties now anyway.

Neither should be penalties in my book but with the one that was awarded the ball did travel quite a distance from Giggs (I think) boot to the lads hand. With Rafaels the ball flicked up off his own thigh so there was nothing he could do about it.

I hope Rooney doesn't get any more pens to take for United. They were saying he has now missed 10 in total or 40% of penalties taken for United. I'd fancy myself to beat that ratio and I'd do it for a modest % of Rooney's wages!

A shabby enough performance but luckily West Ham were terrible. Giggs pulling the piss in the second half was enjoyable though, what a legend. Game time for several lads not long back from injury and rest for RVP are the plusses.

ross4life

Shame about Fletcher you kinda knew something was up when Fergie was making excuses about the heavy pitches. I'd say United will give him every chance to return but it's a difficult condition to get rid of & will be a big blow for the lad if he has to retire at 28/29.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

rodney trotter

Did he start any of them 10 games, they were mainly as a sub. Be hard for him go get back to the same level with this occuring again, he didn't play any football in pre season as he was still easing his way back.

ballinaman

He started the QPR home match I was at this year and scored. Terrible shame, hope he makes a full recovery this time and gets healthy.

The Worker

What actually is fletchers illness? Not much talk of the condition in the public arena.

EC Unique

I know a couple of people that have it. One of them has a bag fitted and prob will have it for life. Horrible condition that I would wish on nobody.  :(

The surgery that he is having is the last option available to fix the problem but is no guarantee. I hope it works for him.

The Worker

Quote from: AFS on January 19, 2013, 05:19:54 PM
This fella Henriquez scored for Wigan today. Good to see him hit the ground running.

Hopefully his spell at Wigan will help him aclimatise to the hussle and bustle of the premier league.

rossie mad

Quote from: The Worker on January 19, 2013, 05:54:39 PM
Quote from: AFS on January 19, 2013, 05:19:54 PM
This fella Henriquez scored for Wigan today. Good to see him hit the ground running.

Hopefully his spell at Wigan will help him aclimatise to the hussle and bustle of the premier league.

Will never get old.

Minder

Two great goals for Pogba tonight.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

gallsman

Quote from: Minder on January 19, 2013, 09:13:04 PM
Two great goals for Pogba tonight.

He'll always be a coward to the usual suspects on here.

rodney trotter

The Worker

Once again utd proved to be a great bet for goals galore  ;D

orangeman

Justice for Spurs.

Spurs should have won the game having completely and utterly dominated proceedings.

United's defence held out well but amazing that United conceded in the last few seconds. They usually do the scoring late on.

City will be delighted.