Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ross4life

Weird game probably too much chopping and changing to produce a good display but it's results that matter the most. Into the next round with two games to spare, what a difference a year makes!
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

The Worker

Van persie shows once again how important he is to utd.

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: magpie seanie on November 07, 2012, 08:26:15 AM
NT - You're at it again! I said "scored". For the record the pen was awarded a handful of seconds after the 3 minutes and I wasn't complaining. These things happen and usually even themselves out over a season and I understand the rules regarding time. I was merely making the point that there would/will be a massive outcry if United scored goals in a similar fashion. I'm sure you'll be on hand to explain things if United score a very late goal some time soon.

Laoislad - so its only goals scored after the expiration of added time that effect the result (by United) that are wrong? Good, glad we cleared that up.

No idea what you're getting at to be honest. You're making a point then arguing against it.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Gazzler

United back at their diving antics again last night I see.

Goats Do Shave

Quote from: Gazzler on November 08, 2012, 09:02:24 AM
United back at their diving antics again last night I see.

Same ol UTD always winning.

NAG1

The ignore button working well  ;)

Big turn around from last year in this group, has to be said opposition a lot weaker, but hopefully we have a better squad in general to put a run in on the league now, to keep the pressure up on a stumbling city.

EC Unique

What are people's thoughts on Utd this season.

I think up front we are in great shape. As expected RVP and Rooney are going well but now Hernandez has given Fergie something to think about and Welbeck chipping in with a few. Midfield is going OK with Cleverly getting better and Valancia always going well, Anderson is looking interested again too Problems at the back are starting to ease and Vidic will be back in December.

All in all I think we are in good shape to give both the PL and the CL a good rattle as long as injuries are kind to us.

nrico2006

Quote from: EC Unique on November 08, 2012, 04:52:30 PM

I think up front we are in great shape. As expected RVP and Rooney are going well but now Hernandez has given Fergie something to think about and Welbeck chipping in with a few. Midfield is going OK with Cleverly getting better and Valancia always going well, Anderson is looking interested again too Problems at the back are starting to ease and Vidic will be back in December.

All in all I think we are in good shape to give both the PL and the CL a good rattle as long as injuries are kind to us.

As you mentioned, a lot of players getting games and that can only be good for Anderson and Cleverley in particular.  We won't really know how good Cleverley is until he plays 40 or 50 games though, at the minute he is only finding his way.  Good to see Young back and I think Uniteds defence will come good when everyone is back fit, and it looks like Smalling and Jones are back in contention now and hopefully Vidic will be back soon too.  Didn't think it was a penalty against Evans last night, he has been good the past while but is still liable to lunge in very dangerously at least once a match.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

ross4life

With Smalling back and Jones,Vidic to return it will be interesting to see what will be the first choice back four. Rafael deserve a mention he's having his best season touch wood that form continues.

The strength depth of the squad remains good but it's important the likes of Valencia,Vidic,Rooney remain fit for the key fixtures after christmas.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Farrandeelin

You can expect goals anyway. At one end or another!
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

EC Unique

Quote from: Farrandeelin on November 08, 2012, 05:44:41 PM

You can expect goals anyway. At one end or another!

That is very true. Utd scoring plenty but letting a few too many in. Makes for interesting games! I am optimistic...

EC Unique

Bore fest so far today. Very flat game!

Captain Obvious

2-2 not a bore fest anymore

EC Unique

Once Utd scored their first you knew what was going to happen but what a super sub hernandez is ;D

Captain Obvious

That Hernandez lad is another Solskjaer.