Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rodney trotter

Possibly, heard something about ityesterday, and typed it into goggle to see anymore info and came across that site..

Minder

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Norf Tyrone

Some coupons busted today with all the under dogs out on top, Swansea, Norwich, Liverpool, and WBA!
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

From the Bunker

Good day for Norwich. Extra revenue from selling silly united fans (who think they are making a statement) Yellow and Green scarfs. And three points in the Bag!  8)

Gazzler

ross4life

Piss poor display by United. Norwich to their credit defended well & took the goal very well, a deserved win for them. Giggs,Carrick midfield pairing doesn't work anymore & the subs Fergie made were strange.

Next few PL games (West ham QPR at home) are winnable but if United repeat today's display they will lose both of them.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Gazzler

Farrandeelin

Norwich showed some sort of form coming into this game I suppose. Utd from what I heard this evening seemed to lack creativity in midfield until Scholes came on. Giggs and Carrick, never again please in centre midfield. Anyone see the full game? If Norwich scored in the 6th instead of the 60th minute then there MAY have been a chance that United could have snatched it at the death again. It didn't happen that way and really Fergie has to figure out how to stop falling behind to teams.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

laoislad

When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

The Worker

Had a nice wee bet on Norwich +1 yesterday!  :)

onefaircounty

The United midfield is just awful, bloody awful. It's as bad as I can ever remember. Kagawa's injury was a real blow alright, but it's further back where the problem lies. You can drop Rooney back, get Kagawa back to fitness, but there is stilll a big old problem there. If I was Ferguson, I'd give Anderson a starting berth now, at least he has the desire to cover ground. Giggs is a legend and it's only natural he is waning, but Carrick never has, and never will be United standard.

The fact you are still going to win the league shows either a) there are no excellent teams in the league or b) your strikeforce is just incredible. A bit of both maybe.

NAG1

Quote from: onefaircounty on November 19, 2012, 09:06:05 AM
The United midfield is just awful, bloody awful. It's as bad as I can ever remember. Kagawa's injury was a real blow alright, but it's further back where the problem lies. You can drop Rooney back, get Kagawa back to fitness, but there is stilll a big old problem there. If I was Ferguson, I'd give Anderson a starting berth now, at least he has the desire to cover ground. Giggs is a legend and it's only natural he is waning, but Carrick never has, and never will be United standard.

The fact you are still going to win the league shows either a) there are no excellent teams in the league or b) your strikeforce is just incredible. A bit of both maybe.

The midfield has needed a bit of steel in it for a few seasons now, too easy to play through. But thing is that Rooney is the main man and without him no matter where he plays the team are just not the same. Bad result but looks like its going to be one of those seasons for all of the main contenders so no need to worry just yet.

nrico2006

Its been said for a long time on here that United need a midfield enforcer, someone who covers a lot of ground and adds a bit of steel in the middle to disrupt the opposition.  Fletcher has had some success in that role before and Anderson is probably the most mobile of all the midfielders we have, but I will never understand how any 2 of Carrick, Giggs and Scholes can be on the pitch at the one time.  The three of them are too static (at least the two oldies have father time to blame). 

As for the usual Liverpool fans coming on here, there would be some amount of bumps posted on the Liverpool page if one was posted for every Liverpool defeat.  I will admit that I used to love winding the Liverpool fans up after they lost, but those days ar elong gone.  Liverpool have fallen so badly that most United fans don't even bother with Liverpool fans anymore, defeats or bad results seem to be the norm for Liverpool.  You only have to look at the league table ffs.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

NAG1

Quote from: nrico2006 on November 19, 2012, 09:57:37 AM
Its been said for a long time on here that United need a midfield enforcer, someone who covers a lot of ground and adds a bit of steel in the middle to disrupt the opposition.  Fletcher has had some success in that role before and Anderson is probably the most mobile of all the midfielders we have, but I will never understand how any 2 of Carrick, Giggs and Scholes can be on the pitch at the one time.  The three of them are too static (at least the two oldies have father time to blame). 

As for the usual Liverpool fans coming on here, there would be some amount of bumps posted on the Liverpool page if one was posted for every Liverpool defeat.  I will admit that I used to love winding the Liverpool fans up after they lost, but those days ar elong gone.  Liverpool have fallen so badly that most United fans don't even bother with Liverpool fans anymore, defeats or bad results seem to be the norm for Liverpool.  You only have to look at the league table ffs.

But they beat Wigan at the weekend Nrico, the comeback is on.
I have alot of time for Rodgers being a fellow Antrim man, but anyone else getting a bit sick of the interview style and the sickly laying on of the passing style and culture BS.