Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony Baloney

Quote from: ross4life on April 11, 2012, 09:22:19 PM
Figueroa almost catches the ball but no penalty.
These things tend to even themselves out over the course of the season.

muppet

Quote from: Tony Baloney on April 11, 2012, 09:28:57 PM
Quote from: ross4life on April 11, 2012, 09:22:19 PM
Figueroa almost catches the ball but no penalty.
These things tend to even themselves out over the course of the season.

MWWSI 2017

EC Unique

Said a few weeks ago that welbeck looks well out of form. Certain pen denied and Wigan goal from a corner that should have been a goal kick. At least it will do away with the 'Utd control the league/referees' bullshit. :-\

ross4life

Law of averages Wigan were to beat United but not a good night for it to happen. Well done to Wigan though fully deserved win & i hope they stay up now.

The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

ballinaman

sake!

How Giggs wasn't taken off ahead of Rooney I'll never know.

Jones and Valencia offered nothing down the right, missed Rafael badly.....Jones has got worse the longer the season has gone on.

Seem to want a title show down with City.

Well played Wigan, deserved to win. Typically United needed the kick up the arse before even looking like scoring.

ziggy90

Quote from: ross4life on April 11, 2012, 09:41:00 PM
Law of averages Wigan were to beat United but not a good night for it to happen. Well done to Wigan though fully deserved win & i hope they stay up now.

I haven't seen or heard any of the game yet (will wait for MoD) but Wigan have been playing some really good stuff for weeks now. Martinez holds himself well and I am sure he has the respect of his players. It is refreshing to see the "lesser" clubs trying to play their way out of trouble (as opposed to kicking their way out).
Questions that shouldn't be asked shouldn't be answered

ross4life

Quote from: ziggy90 on April 11, 2012, 09:52:25 PM
Quote from: ross4life on April 11, 2012, 09:41:00 PM

I haven't seen or heard any of the game yet (will wait for MoD) but Wigan have been playing some really good stuff for weeks now. Martinez holds himself well and I am sure he has the respect of his players. It is refreshing to see the "lesser" clubs trying to play their way out of trouble (as opposed to kicking their way out).
Martinez deserves huge credit for having his team play with style as they fight relegation & should stay up if they continue to play like they did tonight.

As for United 5 games left 5 points clear.

Villa (H)
Everton (H)
Man City (A)
Swansea (H)
Sunderland (A)

15 points to play for 11 is enough to win the league. (less if United win or draw the derby)

The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Gazzler

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

From the Bunker

Do you know, the pressure is now off of Man City! Tonights result showed this, If they slipped up again no one would have taken any real heed. The same will be with their next game against Norwich. The season had been written off, people were taking about Mancini being sacked and players sold.

For United there is the opposite effect, there will be a fear of egg on face. Chickens have been counted. Villa and Everton hold real fear as games now!

Tony Baloney

Quote from: From the Bunker on April 11, 2012, 10:42:04 PM
Do you know, the pressure is now off of Man City! Tonights result showed this, If they slipped up again no one would have taken any real heed. The same will be with their next game against Norwich. The season had been written off, people were taking about Mancini being sacked and players sold.

For United there is the oposite effect, there will be a fear of egg on face. Chickens have been counted. Villa and Everton hold real fear as games now!
Good call but United are the best equipped to handle that pressure.

imtommygunn

Villa will need points against united to be sure of safety but they're pretty rubbish so unlikely to threaten united.

The everton game depends on the fa cup result saturday. If liverpool beat everton the everton game will be an easy result for united.

Still a glimmer of hope for city but still highly unlikely I'd have thought.

laoislad

Quote from: imtommygunn on April 11, 2012, 10:47:55 PM
Villa will need points against united to be sure of safety but they're pretty rubbish so unlikely to threaten united.

The everton game depends on the fa cup result saturday. If liverpool beat everton the everton game will be an easy result for united.

If City do win the league the boys on the Naturalism - What is it all about thread will have the proof their looking for that there is a God!!
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

From the Bunker

Quote from: imtommygunn on April 11, 2012, 10:47:55 PM

Really unlikely, they are both home games.

imtommygunn

Well with it being 5 points if everton draw and city beat you and city win all games then you're level and city have better goal difference.

A result in the derby would seal it.

Still makes it at least a bit open but the relegation battle much more interesting it seems though I think the bottom 3 will remain as is.