Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NAG1

He small in height and frame wise compared to the guys who he is competing for crosses with, so I would expect a serious bulking up programme for him. He is a great shot stopper no doubt but if he is going to be nervous for every cross then that isnt good long term. Lindegaard looks like a good prospect.

Puckoon

Quote from: EC Unique on February 05, 2012, 09:50:43 PM
Quote from: AQMP on February 05, 2012, 07:23:39 PM
Quote from: new devil on February 05, 2012, 06:26:12 PM
Quote from: Minder on February 05, 2012, 06:14:04 PM
Saw bits of that game and it was as big a dive fest as I have seen in the PL. Utds second pen was a joke.

Thats BS minder...2 clear pen's and should have had one early on

Should've gone to Specsavers mate, Welbeck's was the dive of the season.

He was denied a stone wall pen it the first half so it evens out.

Neutral here - but from a footballing perspective right before the no penalty in the first half was a strange period of time for Mr Webb. He must have purposely decided to keep the whistle in the pocket as in the lead up to the no call for united both Torres and maybe Sturridge were blatantly fouled in the united half and there was no call for either of those incidents or the foul on welbeck (which was outside the box).

nrico2006

Quote from: Puckoon on February 06, 2012, 03:34:51 PM
Quote from: EC Unique on February 05, 2012, 09:50:43 PM
Quote from: AQMP on February 05, 2012, 07:23:39 PM
Quote from: new devil on February 05, 2012, 06:26:12 PM
Quote from: Minder on February 05, 2012, 06:14:04 PM
Saw bits of that game and it was as big a dive fest as I have seen in the PL. Utds second pen was a joke.

Thats BS minder...2 clear pen's and should have had one early on

Should've gone to Specsavers mate, Welbeck's was the dive of the season.

He was denied a stone wall pen it the first half so it evens out.

Neutral here - but from a footballing perspective right before the no penalty in the first half was a strange period of time for Mr Webb. He must have purposely decided to keep the whistle in the pocket as in the lead up to the no call for united both Torres and maybe Sturridge were blatantly fouled in the united half and there was no call for either of those incidents or the foul on welbeck (which was outside the box).

Welbeck was fouled initially outside the box but continued on and was eventually brought down just inside the box.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Puckoon

Eventually came down. Convenient like.

Doogie Browser

A keeper makes a save and some Utd fans are getting a root, wise up.

naka

FOLLOWING ON FROM PENALTY NUMBER 2WEBB seems to give some amount of  dubious penalties to united in important games,
off the top of my head, liverpool in cup last year, spurs when they won the league

was babbel right ?

Minder

Quote from: Doogie Browser on February 06, 2012, 04:02:35 PM
A keeper makes a save and some Utd fans are getting a root, wise up.

I know, it's like North Korea on this thread.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

ross4life

Only got to see bits of the 2nd half live yesterday have since watched it back.

Key points as unbiased as i can possibly be.

*Like most games this season United controlled the game in midfield.
*Evans unlucky on the OG
*Young should have got a penalty
*Not so sure about the Welbeck penalty appeal but how did Cahill avoid punishment?
*2nd Chelsea goal was one of the goals of the season.
*3rd poorly defended free kick Rio to blame.
*How in the hell did United find themselves 3-0 down?
*Evra was fouled penalty no doubt.
*Welbeck played for the penalty, last season Chelsea beat United with a penalty like that & Ivanovic was involved in both incidents
*With Scholes in midfield United had even more possession.
* A draw was the least United deserved.

As i said yesterday 2pts dropped United's poor record in Stamford bridge continues but as it stands if United win all there remaining games they will champions (of course that won't happen as more points will be dropped)

Finally if looks could kill?

The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

BennyCake

Did anyone spot the black player next to John Terry yesterday? After the third goal, he celebrated by putting his arm around him. PR at it's best!  :D

Minder

Quote from: BennyCake on February 06, 2012, 06:47:15 PM
Did anyone spot the black player next to John Terry yesterday? After the third goal, he celebrated by putting his arm around him. PR at it's best!  :D

He was trying to strangle him.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

ballinaman

Quote from: Minder on February 06, 2012, 06:54:29 PM

:D

new devil

ross4life

Quote from: new devil on February 06, 2012, 08:33:17 PM

:D :D Great PR stunt

I wonder is that Chelsea's sub keeper Jamal Blackman?
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Square Ball

Quote from: Minder on February 06, 2012, 06:54:29 PM

His wallet was reported missing later on
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: ross4life on February 06, 2012, 08:49:44 PM
Quote from: new devil on February 06, 2012, 08:33:17 PM

:D :D Great PR stunt

I wonder is that Chelsea's sub keeper Jamal Blackman?

Not sure if you're serious or not, or just a shite joke. Blackman is about 1ft bigger than Ramires, and 1/2 foot bigger than JT!
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone