Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gorm agus bui

Quote from: Minder on August 28, 2009, 09:32:16 AM
Quote from: EC Unique on August 28, 2009, 09:21:41 AM
Quote from: Minder on August 27, 2009, 06:02:08 PM
If United had drawn Rangers we would have had both sets of fans chanting "f**k the Pope"

???

Celtic v United last season.
And that coming from a Liverpool man whose heartlands in 6 counties is to be found in all the key Loyalist areas
Must be true ;)

magpie seanie

United's group is quite difficult and to suggest otherwise is rubbish. Stick in Bayern Munich instead of Wolfsburg (who BEAT Bayern to the German league title) and how does it look? Arsenal's is perfect. Liverpool and Chelsea's are sticky enough too. All the English sides should progress as usual though.

botman

Quote from: 118cmal on August 26, 2009, 04:49:13 PM
Quote from: AFS on August 26, 2009, 04:34:21 PM
Quote from: full back on August 26, 2009, 12:29:42 PM
Reports from the last few days that Anderson had fell out with Fergie & is on his way out.
TBH, it wouldnt really bother me

Meanwhile that great bastion of information 'The Sun' reckons Robben is on his way to Utd :'(
Please Fergie, dont sign him, just dont sign him

Any real sources on that, seen it in the BBC gossip column but apparently it was from the Daily Mail or the like so didn't pay much heed.

If it were true I'd be quite annoyed. Anderson is a very expensive long term investment, if he were to be shifted now he wouldn't demand half the £18 million that was paid for him. It would be a lot of money down the drain. Maybe Fergie is just giving him a bit of tough love by leaving him on the sidelines for a bit. Party time might be over now his best mate, by all accounts, has fecked off to Madrid and its time to put the head down and fulfil his potential. There is definitely a long standing fitness problem somewhere in there too, he hasn't played a full 90 minutes in a competitive fixture for United in nearly a year, so I wouldn't be surprised if this was holding back his development.

To be honest I think this may be his biggest problem.  I know he goes out at least twice a week, and drinks champagne every night he's out.  No-one else at the club goes out nearly as often and a few more nights in would do him no harm.

To be honest Anderson's biggest problem is that he is shite and grossley overrated. Yet to see him play well. They should off load him ASAP - Villa will prob be interested. Then they need to get rid of Giggs, Scholes and Hargreaves. Buy a decent Midfielder and sort this area out once and for all.

Keep them at it.

magpie seanie

Very harsh and I disagree. Anderson looks to be carrying a few pounds and form what I hear, he was more an attacking midfielder before he came to United so is probably being played out of position. I wouldn't write him off just yet but he needs to get his finger out.

botman

Quote from: magpie seanie on August 28, 2009, 01:57:35 PM
Very harsh and I disagree. Anderson looks to be carrying a few pounds and form what I hear, he was more an attacking midfielder before he came to United so is probably being played out of position. I wouldn't write him off just yet but he needs to get his finger out.

How long would you give him to prove himself?

I can be wrong sometimes but for me he just can't cut it. An overweight and overrated, Brazilian who gives the ball away wouldn't work on a battery.
Keep them at it.

full back

Fabregas is out for tomorrows game, bonus for Utd

With the way the teams are playing it is going to be a tough one
Would settle for 1-0

mountainboii

United have been solid enough at the back so far this season, only conceding that Burnley wonder goal. A lot will depend on how the front men do, form of the first 2 and a half games won't be good enough but if they can keep up the second half pace of the Wigan game they should be fine. Arsenal are still dodgy enough at the back, a team with a better strike force than Portsmouth could've had 3 or 4 last weekend. I'm going for 2-1 United.

Fabregas will be no loss, sure Anderson would've just shit all over him anyway  ;) :P

Eastern_Pride

Quote from: botman on August 28, 2009, 02:01:36 PM

I can be wrong sometimes but for me he just can't cut it. An overweight and overrated, Brazilian who gives the ball away wouldn't work on a battery.
Exactly what I was thinking. Anderson was supposed to be world class by this stage but it is obvious that he just can't cut it this level. For someone who has been here since 2007 for a staggering £18 million, £6m more than Ronaldo, he has simply not been good enough. Posters have been saying to give him time but he has had 3 years!
Do you think Usain Bolt could replace Thomas Walsh?

Hound

Fabregas a huge loss for Arsenal of course. 2-0 for United now I reckon.

As for Anderson, he is still very young and I have thought that he would get there eventually, he has shown some glimpses of top quality. But overall, for an £18m signing, it has to be said he has been a huge disapoointment. And even the few very good games he has had has been more to do with stoppoing an oppnent playing rather than anything great he did himself - which isnt really his game or something he can do consistenly like a Makelele etc.

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: Eastern_Pride on August 28, 2009, 06:25:56 PM
Quote from: botman on August 28, 2009, 02:01:36 PM

Exactly what I was thinking. Anderson was supposed to be world class by this stage but it is obvious that he just can't cut it this level. For someone who has been here since 2007 for a staggering £18 million, £6m more than Ronaldo, he has simply not been good enough. Posters have been saying to give him time but he has had 3 years!

2 years and a month or so actually.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

The Watcher Pat

Thats 14 yrs and 10 months younger than Fabregas when he first scored for Arsenal...Give him time lads!!  The more the better!
There is no I in team, but if you look close enough you can find ME

mountainboii

Great strike by Arshavin there. Foster maybe should've done better though  :-\

Norf Tyrone

United have been toothless so far. Gallas and Vermulen (Spelling might be ropey there) very composed and organised looking. Unarsenal like.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

mountainboii

Yep, serious lack of creativity there. Dunno if Berbatov is the answer, he'll probably be tried soon enough. The more I see of this season, the more convinced I am that we're short of at least one big player in the middle.

J70

That was as good a dive as I've seen in a while.