Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mountainboii

4 in 4 now, good man Wayne.

Was a penalty, there was plenty of contact, but Rooney definitely made sure he was getting it.

Why the f**k is Park coming on?  >:(

J70

Quote from: AFS on August 29, 2009, 06:37:47 PM

Was a penalty, there was plenty of contact, but Rooney definitely made sure he was getting it.

Bullshit. Rooney was on his way down before Almunia even got near him. Yes, lots of players do it, but it was still a dive.

mountainboii

Quote from: J70 on August 29, 2009, 06:41:48 PM

Bullshit. Rooney was on his way down before Almunia even got near him. Yes, lots of players do it, but it was still a dive.

Yeah but Almunia would've made contact anyway, Rooney just made sure of it. He shouldn't have had his arms out to run into.

tyroneboi

I see Sky are w**king over Ryan Giggs again. He was terrible in the first half and one decent ball for the penalty doesn't disguise the fact that he is well past it. That ball in for the second goal despite what Any Gray says was a nothing free kick only for Diaby to fcuk it up.

mountainboii

mountainboii

Jesus, 5 minutes  :o

What's Fergie thinking!?!

stew

Dive surely.

Arsenal will feel unlucky to have lost that game and in truth should have won it, they were the better team on the day and I am sure wegner will have plenty to say about the diving theatrics of one wayne rooney.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

J70

Quote from: AFS on August 29, 2009, 06:44:19 PM

Yeah but Almunia would've made contact anyway, Rooney just made sure of it. He shouldn't have had his arms out to run into.

You can't be serious?! (and I suspect your statement about Almunia's arms must be tongue in cheek!) If serious, is it now permissable to go down if the possibility of being impeded exists? Could Rooney (or any of the other numerous players who have done it) not have jumped over Almunia fairly easily? Or does the fact that he had kicked the ball into touch mean that he's more justified in going down?

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: J70 on August 29, 2009, 07:41:03 PM

You can't be serious?! (and I suspect your statement about Almunia's arms must be tongue in cheek!) If serious, is it now permissable to go down if the possibility of being impeded exists? Could Rooney (or any of the other numerous players who have done it) not have jumped over Almunia fairly easily? Or does the fact that he had kicked the ball into touch mean that he's more justified in going down?

Nonsense. Clear penalty, Andy Gray was spot on, there's no onus on Rooney to hurdle Almunia. Rooney continued on his run and Almunia took his legs from him. Certain foul.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

Over the Bar

I think from now on diving should be referred to simply as "The Arsenal Disease"

deiseach

You think a player should be allowed lie down in front of an opponent and if they could have hurdled them then it's not a foul?

J70

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on August 29, 2009, 07:53:56 PM

Nonsense. Clear penalty, Andy Gray was spot on, there's no onus on Rooney to hurdle Almunia. Rooney continued on his run and Almunia took his legs from him. Certain foul.

Nonsense right back at ya! If Almunia takes him out, so be it. Clear penalty. Rooney was on his way down before Almunia even got near him and probably could have jumped clear if he'd wanted to. It was a dive, end of story.

TacadoirArdMhacha

Good result for United but definite concerns.

Until injury time I can't remember United cutting Arsenal open, the goals were both from individual errors from Arsenal players. Thought Brown looked very shaky at centre back, sooner Rio come back the better. Nani showed a few nice glimpses and tracked back well but didn't look like a match winner, Valencia was very quiet. Giggs produced the 2 goals but I'm not sure he's fit for the pace at the very very top level.

muppet

Quote from: Over the Bar on August 29, 2009, 07:54:48 PM
I think from now on diving should be referred to simply as "The Arsenal Disease"

As Gaeilge 'Galar Tír Eoghan'
MWWSI 2017

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: J70 on August 29, 2009, 07:59:04 PM
Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on August 29, 2009, 07:53:56 PM

Nonsense right back at ya! If Almunia takes him out, so be it. Clear penalty. Rooney was on his way down before Almunia even got near him and probably could have jumped clear if he'd wanted to. It was a dive, end of story.

No he wasn't. Rooney was still in a running position when contact was made. Fact, as Rafa would say. Your point about jumping is irrelevant, as deiseach highlights.