Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

magpie seanie

Quote from: gallsman on September 24, 2016, 02:13:40 PM
Quote from: stew on September 24, 2016, 01:58:31 PM
Troll  ::)

Simply stating facts wee man.

Quote from: magpie seanie on September 24, 2016, 01:20:59 PM
4-0 at half time against the champions. My critics can start digging into that humble pie, lashings of it in front of them.

I'm not quite sure what you're saying here. Are you taking credit for this victory as it was achieved as a result of your tactical masterstrokes?

Allow me to explain even though I'm sure you're quite aware of what I'm saying. I have been critical for Jose for his ridiculous team selections which have cost United results. I have continuously over the last couple of years pointed out Rooney needs to be disposed of. When these things happened - voila - 4-0 at half time and playing in a style us United supporters demand (or used to at least).

My opinion (one shared by many United supporters to be fair) appears to have been vindicated so the least people like you who disagreed or made fun of it could do is acknowledge that I was right.

gallsman

So your opinion, the tactical complexity of which amounted to "drop Rooney" has been vindicated (one good win don't forget) and you're now looking for people to fawn over you?
In order for you to be in any way entitled to that, you'd have to find people who disagreed with your "drop Rooney" sentiment. How many of those were there? Certainly not me.

What people laughed at you for was for spouting utter horseshit such as "this club is too big for him".

Over the Bar

Yesterday's win was more to do with dropping Felliani in favour of Herrera than it was in dropping Rooney, although the latter did allow Mata to influence the game.   One swallow doesn't make a summer tho.  Stoke, Chelsea and Liverpool are up next and 7 points has to be the absolute minimum from those 3 games

Minder

I think when Mourinho leaves Man Utd the United board should seriously consider interviewing a few board members from this thread for the job
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

stew

Quote from: gallsman on September 25, 2016, 10:03:53 AM
So your opinion, the tactical complexity of which amounted to "drop Rooney" has been vindicated (one good win don't forget) and you're now looking for people to fawn over you?
In order for you to be in any way entitled to that, you'd have to find people who disagreed with your "drop Rooney" sentiment. How many of those were there? Certainly not me.

What people laughed at you for was for spouting utter horseshit such as "this club is too big for him".

Unlike yourself bladder, Seanie is respected for his opinion on United and is bang on regarding Rooney, he is not looking to be fawned over you clown, he simply wants people to admit he was right and they were wrong, the only person laughing at him was yourself, and now we are laughing at you, up clueless bollocks.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Boycey

It's easy to understand to impatience to get rid of Rooney, his race is nearly run, hardly surprising after 850 odd games. Gary Neville said on Sky yesterday that he retired at 36 with a couple of hundred less games played.

The idea however that dropping Rooney allowed United to play swashbuckling football and win comfortably is daft. Leicester were better team for 1st 20 mins before inexplicably giving away 3 soft goals from corners that a park team would be embarrassed to concede. This allowed United stroke the ball about and play some nice on the eye football. Nothing more, nothing less...

Rooney will still have his part to play over the season and the constant abuse of him (and the manager) is tiresome.

gallsman

Quote from: stew on September 25, 2016, 11:20:11 AM

Unlike yourself bladder, Seanie is respected for his opinion on United and is bang on regarding Rooney, he is not looking to be fawned over you clown, he simply wants people to admit he was right and they were wrong, the only person laughing at him was yourself, and now we are laughing at you, up clueless bollocks.

I do of course defer to the expert opinion of the drunken lunatic who once gave out water to a nine year old girls team.

magpie seanie

Quote from: stew on September 25, 2016, 11:20:11 AM

If I get something wrong I'll get plenty about it but obviously some people don't know how to apply the same standards across the board.

magpie seanie

I speculated that the job was too big for him which I think is legitimate given his totally illogical team selections and contradictory media comments thus far (win Community Shield - dedicate it to LVG, lose 3 games - all LVG's fault; I will not play Rooney in midfield, then plays him in midfield; Criticising the "Einsteins" and having to give in and do as they (we??!!) say). Of course there was more to his bizarre team selections than Rooney but that was the most obvious and impossible for anyone to argue with. How anyone in their right mind could imagine a Fellaini/Pogba axis in central midfield would work is baffling. Why did he choose to exile Rashford until he was deperate? Blind keeping Smalling out of the team at centre back? His treatment of Schweinsteiger is uncalled for and a disgrace. There are a litany of reasons why I feel Jose's mind is not totally on the job (or if it is he is allowing extraneous events to hinder his decision making) - hence the question. When you look at his record early in his career compared to the last 5/6 seasons it's not favourable and frankly United had a former great manager previously who was a fading force and he was cut little slack. This guy is supposed to be one of the best managers in the game but I think he is clearly struggling.

So it's more than a "drop Rooney" thing that you so disingenuously tried to distil it into. I try to make up my own mind before someone puts in in a paper for me. I'll be wrong by times and perhaps Jose will get it right and win all before him but it's tough to argue his behaviour has been stable, even for him.

screenexile

Quote from: magpie seanie on September 25, 2016, 05:08:36 PM

I speculated that the job was too big for him which I think is legitimate given his totally illogical team selections and contradictory media comments thus far (win Community Shield - dedicate it to LVG, lose 3 games - all LVG's fault; I will not play Rooney in midfield, then plays him in midfield; Criticising the "Einsteins" and having to give in and do as they (we??!!) say). Of course there was more to his bizarre team selections than Rooney but that was the most obvious and impossible for anyone to argue with. How anyone in their right mind could imagine a Fellaini/Pogba axis in central midfield would work is baffling. Why did he choose to exile Rashford until he was deperate? Blind keeping Smalling out of the team at centre back? His treatment of Schweinsteiger is uncalled for and a disgrace. There are a litany of reasons why I feel Jose's mind is not totally on the job (or if it is he is allowing extraneous events to hinder his decision making) - hence the question. When you look at his record early in his career compared to the last 5/6 seasons it's not favourable and frankly United had a former great manager previously who was a fading force and he was cut little slack. This guy is supposed to be one of the best managers in the game but I think he is clearly struggling.

So it's more than a "drop Rooney" thing that you so disingenuously tried to distil it into. I try to make up my own mind before someone puts in in a paper for me. I'll be wrong by times and perhaps Jose will get it right and win all before him but it's tough to argue his behaviour has been stable, even for him.

Fantastic!!! If the job is too big for Mourinho eho is probably the most decorated manager in Europe then who exactly do you think should get it??

Also you lads have lost the run of yourselves with all this "big club" nonsense! Fergie was the only reason you were a big club... You're not anymore, a big club for England I suppose but not on a world/European stage. This is in terms of trophies now not kit sales which you're club are very good at fair play!

TabClear

Magpie, out of curiosity would you have liked to see Klopp at old Trafford? I'm a Liverpool fan so clearly biased but even my Manc mates seem to enjoy him.

I tend to agree with you about some of Jose s decisions.  I have always rated him as a thoroughly dislikeable arrogant bollox but he always got results apart from last year at chelsea. he really seemed to crumble when things went wrong.

I think he will get results at United. The Rooney decision was the first step and now some of the younger guys like Rashford will get more game time. They won't be far away come May.

GJL

I think he was giving Rooney enough rope to hang himself thus leaving it acceptable to bench him.

magpie seanie

I think it was a massive error to allow Klopp to go to Liverpool. When that happened Simeone should have been lined up.

GJL - I think you're right but I think it's ridiculous. He's supposed to be the manager, in control of the club but he's playing games. United are 6 points behind already and while I expect Citeh to get derailed when the weather gets a bit messier they will be hard stopped. Liverpool, without European games, will go close too provided they abandon their penchant for slip ups to lesser sides.

Maroon Manc

Quote from: GJL on September 25, 2016, 11:12:54 PM
I think he was giving Rooney enough rope to hang himself thus leaving it acceptable to bench him.

I've been saying that since the start of the season, if he'd dropped Rooney and we'd had some poor results he'd have got a lot more criticism then he's already received. 99.9% of United fans wanted him dropped yet the Neville's, Scholes & Rio continuously stick up for him and have blamed everyone else for his poor form.

Its not as easy as dropping Rooney and expecting everything to click straight away, its going to take time and there will be bad results without Rooney starting along the way but its a start and at least everyone appears to have acknowledged that he is no longer first choice.

seafoid

Quote from: Maroon Manc on September 26, 2016, 11:12:30 AM
Quote from: GJL on September 25, 2016, 11:12:54 PM

I've been saying that since the start of the season, if he'd dropped Rooney and we'd had some poor results he'd have got a lot more criticism then he's already received. 99.9% of United fans wanted him dropped yet the Neville's, Scholes & Rio continuously stick up for him and have blamed everyone else for his poor form.

Its not as easy as dropping Rooney and expecting everything to click straight away, its going to take time and there will be bad results without Rooney starting along the way but its a start and at least everyone appears to have acknowledged that he is no longer first choice.
Rooney has been on the go since he was 16. The batteries don't last forever