Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boycey

Was worth watching that just to see Rooneys sublime assist  8)

Well done to the Town also..

magpie seanie

Christ that was awful. Could very easily have got beaten there. Empty seats and empty sections....not good. The lack of a midfield platform again a huge issue. Pogba getting worse by the game, not being utilised correctly. And I think his confidence is slipping and frustration is growing. Put a good platform in behind Pogba and let him fly. Ibrahimovic is one hungry f**ker though. I was totally wrong about him when his possible transfer was first mooted. He is a real winner and is giving good leadership in a team bereft of leaders. Rooney again terrible when introduced. One overhit pass in particular was hard to explain. Jose is right to "protect" him, hopefully he gets lots more protection.

DuffleKing

Quote from: magpie seanie on September 29, 2016, 11:08:26 PM
Christ that was awful. Could very easily have got beaten there. Empty seats and empty sections....not good. The lack of a midfield platform again a huge issue. Pogba getting worse by the game, not being utilised correctly. And I think his confidence is slipping and frustration is growing. Put a good platform in behind Pogba and let him fly. Ibrahimovic is one hungry f**ker though. I was totally wrong about him when his possible transfer was first mooted. He is a real winner and is giving good leadership in a team bereft of leaders. Rooney again terrible when introduced. One overhit pass in particular was hard to explain. Jose is right to "protect" him, hopefully he gets lots more protection.

Pogba was superb last Saturday.

magpie seanie

Fair point, badly phrased. He was good on Saturday because there was better structure to the team. If you take that game out the trend is worrying for United.

Cunny Funt

Gary Neville on the United squad last weekend.
The last 10 transfer windows have been overseen by four different managers, so what you've got is four different managers' players," You've got a plate with Bolognese, a chicken tikka masala, a roast dinner and loads of curry and gravy thrown over the top. Individually they're quite nice, but together.... Jose Mourinho's got to find which bits of that plate he doesn't like. That'll take time.

GJL

Quote from: magpie seanie on September 30, 2016, 12:38:40 AM
Fair point, badly phrased. He was good on Saturday because there was better structure to the team. If you take that game out the trend is worrying for United.

Herrara and Carrick.

magpie seanie

Quote from: GJL on September 30, 2016, 03:16:42 PM
Quote from: magpie seanie on September 30, 2016, 12:38:40 AM

Herrara and Carrick.

Absolutely. With Pogba pushed up.

DuffleKing

Last Saturday it was Herrera and pogba deeper with mata pushed on.

Cunny Funt

United should be leading that half by 2 or 3-0. Stoke somehow keeping a clean sheet so far.

BennyCake

Damn that broken fax machine at Real!

Captain Obvious

A real smash and grab draw for Stoke there. The Stoke keeper had a game he will never forget. That Manchester United team will struggle for a top four finish again they might win another cup competition if they are lucky.

TabClear

Michael Owen is one annoying bollox.  How he gets on TV is beyond me. No original analysis and constantly trying to be the nice guy. 

magpie seanie

That was unlucky Saturday. Team played well enough to win comfortably, just one of those days. Another comical inadvertent "assist" by Rooney!

yellowcard

What do Man Utd fans make of I rahimovic? I've always felt he never produced in big games and was a bit over rated although you can't knock the mans goal record. However at 33/34 I don't feel as though Man Utd should be pinning their hopes on a man who although technically good is not the most mobile and whose best days are behind him. Should be building that attack around Martial and Rashford imo.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: yellowcard on October 03, 2016, 10:32:48 PM
What do Man Utd fans make of I rahimovic? I've always felt he never produced in big games and was a bit over rated although you can't knock the mans goal record. However at 33/34 I don't feel as though Man Utd should be pinning their hopes on a man who although technically good is not the most mobile and whose best days are behind him. Should be building that attack around Martial and Rashford imo.

RVP
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea