Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

seafoid

MR this is a good read. I think Maroon Manc is deluded  . I honestly don't care how well MU do. I just think they are owned by morons
https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2016/may/27/jose-mourinho-manchester-united-title-history

nrico2006

The ABUs are seriously annoyed and worried by the looks of things. The best manager in the world who guarantees success. Exciting times Head for United fans.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

magpie seanie

Do people seriously think Ibrahimovic would do well in England? Seriously? Another tosser with a bigger reputation than his ability. And well past his best. I'm noticing a trend....maybe United should sign John Terry?

yellowcard

I think Man Utd are capable of winning the league in the next 2 seasons under Mourinho. His history shows that he has always won a league title within 2 seasons no matter where he has been. Given that there is no standout team in English football and that he knows the league best out of all the top managers next season (bar Arsenal who will not win it) I think it is not fanciful to suggest that he could win it in his first season. Man utd fans will have to accept all the baggage that comes with Mourinho however and the damage and bile that he will inevitably attract towards the club from neutrals. Maybe he will change his approach but I just don't see it. He acted in the same manner at Real Madrid (another huge club) and left a lot of scars at the club by the time he left so I don't see why he will behave any differently at Man Utd.

Dinny Breen

Arsenal, Chelsea, Man City and Spurs all have better squads. City, Spurs and Liverpool have more innovative managers. If the Man United players couldn't respect LVG they certainly won't respect Jose Mourinho, he's turned into a celebrity manager, doubt he will last 18 months.

The fickle nature of the modern sports fan.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBXX61GrdCo
#newbridgeornowhere

thewobbler

Quote from: yellowcard on May 30, 2016, 03:48:45 PM
I think Man Utd are capable of winning the league in the next 2 seasons under Mourinho. His history shows that he has always won a league title within 2 seasons no matter where he has been. Given that there is no standout team in English football and that he knows the league best out of all the top managers next season (bar Arsenal who will not win it) I think it is not fanciful to suggest that he could win it in his first season. Man utd fans will have to accept all the baggage that comes with Mourinho however and the damage and bile that he will inevitably attract towards the club from neutrals. Maybe he will change his approach but I just don't see it. He acted in the same manner at Real Madrid (another huge club) and left a lot of scars at the club by the time he left so I don't see why he will behave any differently at Man Utd.

The big difference for Mourinho is that this time he has to raise a club from outside the CL places to the top. He's never had to do that before. And while there might not be a standout club in England, there's now 8-10 clubs travelling to Old Trafford with a sense they can win there, and aren't beaten before they arrive. Real, Inter, Porto and even 2002 Chelsea wouldn't have to deal with such insubordinance.

gallsman

Quote from: magpie seanie on May 30, 2016, 03:22:29 PM
Do people seriously think Ibrahimovic would do well in England? Seriously? Another t**ser with a bigger reputation than his ability. And well past his best. I'm noticing a trend....maybe United should sign John Terry?

Yes.

Quote from: nrico2006 on May 28, 2016, 02:31:50 PM
The ABUs are seriously annoyed and worried by the looks of things. The best manager in the world who guarantees success. Exciting times Head for United fans.

It's OK, we all know you don't actually believe that.

screenexile

Quote from: nrico2006 on May 28, 2016, 02:31:50 PM

Oh the implosion is going to be so fun!!!!

seafoid

Quote from: Dinny Breen on May 30, 2016, 04:14:24 PM
Arsenal, Chelsea, Man City and Spurs all have better squads. City, Spurs and Liverpool have more innovative managers. If the Man United players couldn't respect LVG they certainly won't respect Jose Mourinho, he's turned into a celebrity manager, doubt he will last 18 months.

Good man, Dinny

I think he'll be dispensed with in that sort of time frame as well.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: seafoid on May 30, 2016, 10:25:56 PM

Good man, Dinny

As are most managers nowadays.... So not really a shock to be fair?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

magpie seanie

Quote from: seafoid on May 30, 2016, 10:25:56 PM

Good man, Dinny

Please God you're right, if not sooner.

Keyser soze

I think this will be a really good match. IMO Jose has always had his eye on the United job as the pinnacle of club football. He was always playing footsie with them even as far back as his first time at Chelsea and they were mad not to go for him at the time Moyes was appointed. His experience last season and his woeful misjudgement/s in the Dr Eva case have hopefully been a salutary lesson to him, though I am sure he is already fully cognisant of the higher standards of conduct expected at United. Tbh I never really thought his conduct was that outrageous, he gave the press good value at his conferences and they obliged by building him up into a cult figure but the controversies pale into insignificance in comparison to his achievements.

screenexile

Quote from: Keyser soze on May 31, 2016, 09:35:50 AM
I think this will be a really good match. IMO Jose has always had his eye on the United job as the pinnacle of club football. He was always playing footsie with them even as far back as his first time at Chelsea and they were mad not to go for him at the time Moyes was appointed. His experience last season and his woeful misjudgement/s in the Dr Eva case have hopefully been a salutary lesson to him, though I am sure he is already fully cognisant of the higher standards of conduct expected at United. Tbh I never really thought his conduct was that outrageous, he gave the press good value at his conferences and they obliged by building him up into a cult figure but the controversies pale into insignificance in comparison to his achievements.

That's the best one yet . . .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBnmw5kDgLA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DG_6cYYjRr0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aoEpg36lb30

Please explain these "higher standards of conduct" that have been evident in Man Ure for I'd love to know what they are!!

GJL

I see Rashford has signed a new 4 year deal. I think he could turn out to be a massive player for Utd and glad to see him tied in.

Maroon Manc

Rumours that Mata & Blind will be sold which doesn't surprise me; I'm hoping that donkey Rojo follows them out the door too, what worries me most about Rojo is how poor he is at defending set pieces.

I'm hoping Zlatan is signed although I really think Mourinho will try and see if he can sign Aubameyang first and when that doesn't happen he'll go after Moratta.