Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boycey

I read the Blind rumours this morning and would be genuinely surprised if he is sold. He's a decent utility player who can play left back, defensive midfield and centre back and isn't on huge wages. In a squad of 22/23 players there is plenty of room for someone like him..

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Boycey on May 31, 2016, 12:05:54 PM
I read the Blind rumours this morning and would be genuinely surprised if he is sold. He's a decent utility player who can play left back, defensive midfield and centre back and isn't on huge wages. In a squad of 22/23 players there is plenty of room for someone like him..
I would have thought so as well.
An experienced international player, that can cover 2/3 positions. I cant see why Jose would want to get rid of him.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Walter Cronc

Quote from: Maroon Manc on May 31, 2016, 11:23:31 AM
Rumours that Mata & Blind will be sold which doesn't surprise me; I'm hoping that donkey Rojo follows them out the door too, what worries me most about Rojo is how poor he is at defending set pieces.

I'm hoping Zlatan is signed although I really think Mourinho will try and see if he can sign Aubameyang first and when that doesn't happen he'll go after Moratta.

Arsenal bound.

Maroon Manc

Quote from: Walter Cronc on May 31, 2016, 12:09:18 PM
Quote from: Maroon Manc on May 31, 2016, 11:23:31 AM
Rumours that Mata & Blind will be sold which doesn't surprise me; I'm hoping that donkey Rojo follows them out the door too, what worries me most about Rojo is how poor he is at defending set pieces.

I'm hoping Zlatan is signed although I really think Mourinho will try and see if he can sign Aubameyang first and when that doesn't happen he'll go after Moratta.

Arsenal bound.

Time will tell, his goal record is poor and I can't confess to watching any Juve games apart from their second leg against Bayern where he was outstanding.

AZOffaly

Just 2 leagues in 6 years!!! The Charlatan :)

magpie seanie

gallsman

I imagine the two Inter leagues were counted as part of the first six - two with Porto, two with Chelsea and two with Inter. Whether it's 6 and 2 or 5 and 3 is really only a matter for pedants.

Boycey

Quote from: gallsman on June 02, 2016, 08:39:05 AM
I imagine the two Inter leagues were counted as part of the first six - two with Porto, two with Chelsea and two with Inter. Whether it's 6 and 2 or 5 and 3 is really only a matter for pedants.

So is he shit or not then? I'm confused..

TabClear

Quote from: Boycey on June 02, 2016, 09:47:00 AM

It's not complicated. He was shit in 2015 even when he won the league with Chelsea.  Got worse at the start of last season when he fell out with his players. Wasn't doing anything football related for a few months but got linked with United so started to become a better manager. Appointed by United so is now the best manager in the world again.

Easy

NAG1

Quote from: TabClear on June 02, 2016, 01:13:48 PM

It's not complicated. He was shit in 2015 even when he won the league with Chelsea.  Got worse at the start of last season when he fell out with his players. Wasn't doing anything football related for a few months but got linked with United so started to become a better manager. Appointed by United so is now the best manager in the world again.

Easy

Lads like him or loathe him there is no doubting his talent as a manager, it is without question.

I would say United fans are split on him and as I said I dont think there will be the 'love' for him that there even was for DM at the beginning.

United were one of the few exceptions managerial wise because of ferguson's longevity. The club are now in the same position relatively to other clubs now in that they are competing in the managerial market as well as for players. So in that market Mourhino is up there with the best candidates. It really is that simple.

TabClear

Quote from: NAG1 on June 02, 2016, 01:56:25 PM
Quote from: TabClear on June 02, 2016, 01:13:48 PM

Easy

Lads like him or loathe him there is no doubting his talent as a manager, it is without question.

I would say United fans are split on him and as I said I dont think there will be the 'love' for him that there even was for DM at the beginning.

United were one of the few exceptions managerial wise because of ferguson's longevity. The club are now in the same position relatively to other clubs now in that they are competing in the managerial market as well as for players. So in that market Mourhino is up there with the best candidates. It really is that simple.

Yeah I agree with that. I do actually rate him as in the top 5 managers in the world.

United will be a different challenge for him as the fans want to see them win but play good football as well.  At Porto and Real it didn't matter how the teams were set up, the gulf in class between the top 2 or 3 teams was so great they were always going to score loads. Inter and Chelsea just wanted results and fans were willing to sacrifice attractive football to get it.

What's the story with ferguson at the minute? Does he have any involvement in day to day operations?

nrico2006

Seen this the other day and was very surprised at Miller not being top 5 as well as Vale. Sterling and Dybala are surprisingly high
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

under the bar

QuoteSeen this the other day and was very surprised at Miller not being top 5 as well as ValeSterling and Dybala are surprisingly high

Kenny Miller? Port Vale??

Hound

Kane and Martial more than Suarez. Aguero and Bale is just ridiculous

Ronaldo good value too