Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnneycool

Quote from: nrico2006 on January 07, 2016, 10:28:27 AM
Quote from: magpie seanie on January 07, 2016, 10:26:09 AM
I think Januzaj has big potential but will be a frustrating player to watch at times during his development. Depay is the same and lest we forget, Ryan Giggs was often criticised in his early days for "no end product". You will get inconsistency from young players but if you stick with them and keep boosting their confidence they can blossom.

Exactly, its very rare to see players at 18-22 becoming really dominant and consistent.  They need to server an apprenticeship of sorts, get 50/60 games at that level under their belts and then if its within them they can flourish. 

Was just looking at some of the players Everton have and can't help but think that Martinez really is a bluffer.  With players like Stones, Coleman, Jagielka, Baines, Deulofeu, Barkley, Lukaku, Mirallas, McCarthy, Lennon they should really be challenging for the title given he current state of the league.  Lukaku would be some buy for United, as would Barkley and Stones.

Stones, Deulofeu, Barkley all fit your " very rare to see players at 18-22 becoming really dominant and consistent" yet Stones is manning the centre of defence with a South American novice and up until Christmas a novice left back in Galloway, also 18-22.
If anything the attackers have been scoring freely and its defence that have been letting them down, but yes thats not an uncommon fault with Martinez's teams.

Average McCarthy would start most games if he was at Man Utd.

Maroon Manc

Delighted to see Januzaj back, from memory he can't go out on loan again as I think you're only allowed to play for 2 different clubs in a season.

Lukaku continues to impress me, he scores all sorts of different goals and his all round performances have certainly improve this season. Everton will do well to keep hold of him this summer all though given the fee they'll demand there are not many clubs who can afford him and some of those clubs don't need him, given who his agent is he'll be doing his best to move him on though. Lukaku would double his wages by moving on and Stones would at least treble them so I expect both players to kicking up a fuss this summer.

ballinaman

Quote from: Maroon Manc on January 07, 2016, 12:29:00 PM
Delighted to see Januzaj back, from memory he can't go out on loan again as I think you're only allowed to play for 2 different clubs in a season.

Lukaku continues to impress me, he scores all sorts of different goals and his all round performances have certainly improve this season. Everton will do well to keep hold of him this summer all though given the fee they'll demand there are not many clubs who can afford him and some of those clubs don't need him, given who his agent is he'll be doing his best to move him on though. Lukaku would double his wages by moving on and Stones would at least treble them so I expect both players to kicking up a fuss this summer.

Maybe this is just me but anyone else notice in the disparity of abuse United got for letting Pogba go compared to Chelsea with Lukaku and De Bryune.....

magpie seanie

Quote from: ballinaman on January 07, 2016, 01:11:24 PM

Maybe this is just me but anyone else notice in the disparity of abuse United got for letting Pogba go compared to Chelsea with Lukaku and De Bryune.....

Manchester United are one of if not the biggest club in the world.

AZOffaly

I think it's mostly United fans who give United grief for leting Pogba go, especially given the dearth of central midfielders they've had for about 5 years or more now. Chelsea fans probably not as harsh on the dealings there, because they've won the league as recently as last year, and have had players like Willian, Hazard, Costa do well for them in those positions.

STREET FIGHTER

Quote from: magpie seanie on January 07, 2016, 01:15:19 PM

A huge brand but recent managerial appointments are severely affecting their standing.......who eventually replaces LVG to protect their position?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: STREET FIGHTER on January 07, 2016, 02:03:32 PM

A huge brand but recent managerial appointments are severely affecting their standing.......who eventually replaces LVG to protect their position?

Do you think if they continue as they are, they'll end up like Liverpool?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

STREET FIGHTER

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 07, 2016, 03:38:55 PM

Not too sure....

Liverpool are a huge brand as well and with the appointment of Klopp they look to be moving in the right direction but who knows!?

annapr

New year same Milltown... Obsessed.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: annapr on January 07, 2016, 05:18:49 PM

New year same Milltown... Obsessed.

Youre on here as much as Liverpool thread.... Bite much??
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

STREET FIGHTER

Quote from: STREET FIGHTER on January 07, 2016, 05:00:38 PM

Not too sure....

Liverpool are a huge brand as well and with the appointment of Klopp they look to be moving in the right direction but who knows!?

do you think they'll end up like Liverpool?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: STREET FIGHTER on January 07, 2016, 11:28:38 PM
Quote from: STREET FIGHTER on January 07, 2016, 05:00:38 PM

Not too sure....

do you think they'll end up like Liverpool?

Yep they could, to get a squad and a manager like they had before is impossible.... This year would have been the best shot at winning the league considering how many games the supposed top tier teams have lost or drawn. 

Difference maybe for Utd is their global appeal is bigger for them than Liverpool's... Unfortunately for Liverpool, who, when I grew were generally unbeatable and great to watch, don't have the same support, cause football exploded in the Premiership not the old English first division..

I've banter with friends of mine that support Liverpool I'm not a soccer fan really, I like to see Utd doing well but wouldn't worry if the lose.... Both times they won European cup lately I was hurling for the club and never seen the game (maybe last few minutes)

Some punters need to wise up and remember how much these guys get paid, and they don't really give a feck about the 'fans' just my view on it  :o

BennyCake

Only 10 more minutes left of the Van Gaal era.

StGallsGAA

LVG death-row reprieve!! :)

Puckoon

That's a kick in the stones