Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

StGallsGAA

QuoteThat's a kick in the stones
A self inflicted one tho!

smort

StGallsGAA

Is Scholes unusually vocal disapproval pushing a greater agenda?  He's getting the knife in at every opportunity these days which is out of character to say the least.

AZOffaly

Quote from: StGallsGAA on January 10, 2016, 10:32:38 AM
Is Scholes unusually vocal disapproval pushing a greater agenda?  He's getting the knife in at every opportunity these days which is out of character to say the least.

Yet last week he had changed his tune and was saying they need to stick with LVG. Odd stuff.

Denn Forever

The first 3/4 years for Fergie were not that productive, were there calls for him to go?

If LGV gets champions league next year, wins a cup, will he still go?
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

J70

Quote from: Denn Forever on January 10, 2016, 11:53:58 AM
The first 3/4 years for Fergie were not that productive, were there calls for him to go?

Er... yes!

Mark Robbins saved his arse in the cup against Nottingham Forest in 1990 and he never looked back.

laoislad

When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

nrico2006

Scholes is shocking, I think the past few years clearly show that he isn't a shy, retiring lad that everyone thought he was because of his lack of interviews while playing - he was obviously not allowed near a microphone. 

Never understood how anybody with half a brain fires out the 'were there not calls for Fergie to go' statement.  How can you compare the state of United on and off the pitch now to when Fergie took over?

On another note, what the hell does Perreira have to do to earn a start?  I would see through it if there were players in frotn of him due to them playing out of their skin, but there aren't and Feillani for example is getting a lot of game time with no real result coming from anything he does.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

stew

Quote from: J70 on January 10, 2016, 01:22:01 PM
Quote from: Denn Forever on January 10, 2016, 11:53:58 AM

Er... yes!

Mark Robbins saved his arse in the cup against Nottingham Forest in 1990 and he never looked back.

Not true according to both Fergie himself and Bobby Charlton, if they had lost that game they reckon he still had the faith of the board. I am not so sure but if Charlton actually did say that in public,that would be good enough for me.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

StGallsGAA

QuoteNot true according to both Fergie himself and Bobby Charlton, if they had lost that game they reckon he still had the faith of the board.

Well you'd hardly expect BC to say we were all about to give him the boot!!

Boycey

Plenty of others including Martin Edwards and Ken Merritt (Club Secretary at the time) have also said he wasn't for the sack but I suppose we'll never know the truth cause Robins did score and the rest is history

StGallsGAA

No CEO or board would openly admit to such fickleness as their tipping point for sacking a manager being a single result.

Orior

What the hell is happening Rooney's carpet? Time to get it relaid methinks.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Milltown Row2

The clown should be shown the door, he's the worst player in that squad ...
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Jeepers Creepers

Cracking game with both teams going for it and both vulnerable at the back. Def more goals in it.