Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maroon Manc

Quote from: nrico2006 on January 06, 2016, 11:20:35 AM
Can't understand why Pereira hasn't been given more of a chance but then again I can't understand a lot of things that LVG has done.  I'd take Mourinho in a heartbeat.

I'd much rather Januzaj, Pereira & Wilson getting game time ahead of Rooney, Mata & Fellaini.

thebigfella

Quote from: Maroon Manc on January 06, 2016, 01:18:02 PM
Can't understand why Pereira hasn't been given more of a chance but then again I can't understand a lot of things that LVG has done.  I'd take Mourinho in a heartbeat.

I'd much rather Januzaj, Pereira & Wilson getting game time ahead of Rooney, Mata & Fellaini.

Nether those are good enough for Utd and jury is out on Wilson.

Boycey

beer baron

Quote from: thebigfella on January 06, 2016, 01:36:56 PM
Quote from: Maroon Manc on January 06, 2016, 01:18:02 PM

Nether those are good enough for Utd and jury is out on Wilson.

Harsh to say Pereira's not good enough when he's barely had a look in yet.

Maroon Manc

Wilson & Pereira have just turned 20 and Januzaj isn't 21 until next month. All 3 have the talent to succeed at United given their age, only time will tell is whether they'll develop and have the application to turn themselves into important members of the 1st team.

Wilson in particular has had a lot of injuries and its thought that we won't see the best of him from him from another few years. I see Dortmund have sold one of their wide players so Januzaj hopefully will get more games from now on, he should have gone to another premier league club but it was his decision to go to Dortmund; United should have stopped it.

thebigfella

Luke Shaw and Martial are both the same age as all them; they walk into the current first 11 (when they are not injured). Nothing shown by any of them (bar Wilson in flashes) that they will get to the level Shaw/Martial are at now let alone fill their potential.

Januzaj is useless and dunno why people can't see he's the next Macheda. Hasn't the right attitude either from all accounts.

AZOffaly

You can't project what one 19 year old should do based on what another is doing. 19 is very young to be calling a lad not good enough. Maybe a run in the team would improve them a bit?

thebigfella

Quote from: AZOffaly on January 06, 2016, 03:32:48 PM
You can't project what one 19 year old should do based on what another is doing. 19 is very young to be calling a lad not good enough. Maybe a run in the team would improve them a bit?

Januzaj has had more than enough runs.

Maroon Manc

Quote from: thebigfella on January 06, 2016, 03:28:27 PM
Luke Shaw and Martial are both the same age as all them; they walk into the current first 11 (when they are not injured). Nothing shown by any of them (bar Wilson in flashes) that they will get to the level Shaw/Martial are at now let alone fill their potential.

Januzaj is useless and dunno why people can't see he's the next Macheda. Hasn't the right attitude either from all accounts.

You do realise Scholes & Beckham would pale in comparison to Martial & Shaw at the same age. Martial & Shaw are probably the best players of their age in their position.

Januzaj paid for a United coach to go on holiday with him last summer to improve his fitness, sounds like the opposite of a player with a bad attitude. As for Macheda there is little comparison with Januzaj, Macheda was a kid in a mans body and he didn't improve as a player after he turned 17.

AZOffaly

Wilson and Pereira I'm talking about. And even Januzaj has had flashes. He's only a gossun still. Sometimes we are very hard on young lads. I'm guilty of it myself with Liverpool. Then I remember some of these lads would have a couple of years left at U21 if they were playing GAA. We need to be a lot more patient I think.

GJL

Januzaj has been recalled from loan.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: GJL on January 06, 2016, 10:42:19 PM
Januzaj has been recalled from loan.

Obviously LVG is reading this thread!!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

magpie seanie

I think Januzaj has big potential but will be a frustrating player to watch at times during his development. Depay is the same and lest we forget, Ryan Giggs was often criticised in his early days for "no end product". You will get inconsistency from young players but if you stick with them and keep boosting their confidence they can blossom.

nrico2006

Quote from: magpie seanie on January 07, 2016, 10:26:09 AM
I think Januzaj has big potential but will be a frustrating player to watch at times during his development. Depay is the same and lest we forget, Ryan Giggs was often criticised in his early days for "no end product". You will get inconsistency from young players but if you stick with them and keep boosting their confidence they can blossom.

Exactly, its very rare to see players at 18-22 becoming really dominant and consistent.  They need to server an apprenticeship of sorts, get 50/60 games at that level under their belts and then if its within them they can flourish. 

Was just looking at some of the players Everton have and can't help but think that Martinez really is a bluffer.  With players like Stones, Coleman, Jagielka, Baines, Deulofeu, Barkley, Lukaku, Mirallas, McCarthy, Lennon they should really be challenging for the title given he current state of the league.  Lukaku would be some buy for United, as would Barkley and Stones.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Walter Cronc

Quote from: nrico2006 on January 07, 2016, 10:28:27 AM
Quote from: magpie seanie on January 07, 2016, 10:26:09 AM

Exactly, its very rare to see players at 18-22 becoming really dominant and consistent.  They need to server an apprenticeship of sorts, get 50/60 games at that level under their belts and then if its within them they can flourish. 

Was just looking at some of the players Everton have and can't help but think that Martinez really is a bluffer.  With players like Stones, Coleman, Jagielka, Baines, Deulofeu, Barkley, Lukaku, Mirallas, McCarthy, Lennon they should really be challenging for the title given he current state of the league.  Lukaku would be some buy for United, as would Barkley and Stones.

Wise up!! With Evertons budget how could they compete.

Stones - talented but by your reckoning needs 50-60 games
Jagielka - long term injury
Baines - long term injury
Deulofeu - young player (50-60 games)
Barkley - talented but still inconsistent
Miralles - rarely starts
McCarthy - average player
Lennon - average player

Baines is their top earner on 65k a week. Puts it in perspective!