Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GJL

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on November 18, 2015, 03:52:07 PM
Pogba was the best player on the pitch the other night by a long way when he came on.

His passing was unreal.

nrico2006

Never had a feeling of sickness over any footballer before except for Pogba the past 3 years.  Still can't get over whiskeynose not getting over his stubbornness and giving Pogba want he wanted, which in reality was very little.  It was clear then that he was on his way to being a world beater and in essence United just let a player go who in all likelihood will be the best player in the world in 2 or 3 years.  I saw only 5 minutes last night in the second half but there was a passage where he hit a pass over the defence for Martial to run onto, it was sublime.  10 seconds later he fainted at the edge of the box and hit a shot that nestled on the top of the net, but the dip and power he had on the ball was unreal.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Keyser soze

Quote from: nrico2006 on November 18, 2015, 04:11:32 PM
Never had a feeling of sickness over any footballer before except for Pogba the past 3 years.  Still can't get over whiskeynose not getting over his stubbornness and giving Pogba want he wanted, which in reality was very little.  It was clear then that he was on his way to being a world beater and in essence United just let a player go who in all likelihood will be the best player in the world in 2 or 3 years.  I saw only 5 minutes last night in the second half but there was a passage where he hit a pass over the defence for Martial to run onto, it was sublime.  10 seconds later he fainted at the edge of the box and hit a shot that nestled on the top of the net, but the dip and power he had on the ball was unreal.

That made me laugh. What a player!!

thewobbler

Anyone who would like to point to last night's game as an indication of Pogba's brilliance should also, by law, be bound to recognise Rooney's brilliance as a player an a finisher (based on last night).

GJL

Martial, Rooney and Fellaini all out for the weekend! :o

BennyCake

Quote from: GJL on November 20, 2015, 10:55:41 AM
Martial, Rooney and Fellaini all out for the weekend! :o

Lock up your daughters/grannies!

Maroon Manc

In fairness he was far from outstanding in the reserves/u21's that season according to those who watched far more of him than I did.

It wasn't over his wages, he wanted first team football but more importantly his agent was allegedly looking for money and got a huge sum from Juve for pushing the deal through.

It was a massive mistake from the club to let him go though but the purse strings have certainly been loosened since Fergie left.

Hopefully he starts Wilson ahead of Depay up front tomorrow.

magpie seanie

At least United will be playing with 11 men for once.

Milltown Row2

Decent goal, but while its only one nil!!!!

More injury problems!!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

stew

Quote from: Maroon Manc on November 20, 2015, 12:06:18 PM

In fairness he was far from outstanding in the reserves/u21's that season according to those who watched far more of him than I did.

It wasn't over his wages, he wanted first team football but more importantly his agent was allegedly looking for money and got a huge sum from Juve for pushing the deal through.

It was a massive mistake from the club to let him go though but the purse strings have certainly been loosened since Fergie left.

Hopefully he starts Wilson ahead of Depay up front tomorrow.

The Wilson situation baffles me to be honest, he has bags of pace and scores goals for fun, why does LVG not giv him a run of games to see if he can hack it at the top level, or what passes for it these days, I think this is the weakest I have ever seen the premier League.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

GJL

Can Liverpool do Utd a favour now and take points off City?

stew

Quote from: GJL on November 21, 2015, 03:14:20 PM

Yes, they are capable of taking at least a point and will be up for this, that said I think City will win 2-1.

stew

United were lucky today, funny how they can score late against a team who scores on them late, a sense of urgency go the job done, why the hell dont they push for a second the way they did in the last few minutes.

Eight goals conceded away and one at home, that is excellent for a team thought to be struggling defensively, they will get Stones in January for 45 million and look out then, Smalling and Stones together would be in the class of Pallister and Bruce.

SHEEDY

Quote from: stew on November 21, 2015, 03:20:00 PM
United were lucky today, funny how they can score late against a team who scores on them late, a sense of urgency go the job done, why the hell dont they push for a second the way they did in the last few minutes.

Eight goals conceded away and one at home, that is excellent for a team thought to be struggling defensively, they will get Stones in January for 45 million and look out then, Smalling and Stones together would be in the class of Pallister and Bruce.

no chance.
nil satis nisi optimum

laoislad

Quote from: GJL on November 21, 2015, 03:14:20 PM
We'd be doing Leicester a favour more than you.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.