Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: Denn Forever on November 05, 2015, 11:56:23 AM
Was Young not doing this when he first arrived and Ferguson discipled him?

which of the 12 was it ?
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

AZOffaly

Quote from: Maroon Manc on November 05, 2015, 01:13:32 PM
Pires was one of the worst culprits, was always sticking his leg in between an opponents to gain a free.

Young had cut it out recently but that was embarrassing, lost count of the amount of pens Vardy won last season and I remember he got one of the Hull players sent off too. No mention of it anywhere in the media as he wasn't high profile enough.

All you here from commentators is about flaming contact, its a contact sport ffs. There's supposed to be enough force to impede an opponent, it barely gets mentioned.
Howard Webb, you would agree with him 😀, made the same point the other night. He was very good I thought. Interesting to have a ref as a pundit. Basically he said it is supposed to be a contact sport, it's only a free if the contact interferes unfairly with the opponent.

muppet

Quote from: Hoof Hearted on November 05, 2015, 01:35:33 PM
Quote from: Denn Forever on November 05, 2015, 11:56:23 AM
Was Young not doing this when he first arrived and Ferguson discipled him?

which of the 12 was it ?

Diving Thomas.
MWWSI 2017

GJL

Well done Salford. Some result.

GJL

Another clean sheet and 3 points. Are things really that bad?

Milltown Row2

Was a bit flat at times.... Great goal though and the price on that young lad is getting bigger... In fairness though it was only West Brom... Beating the top three teams at home is the real test
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

snoopdog

Quote from: GJL on November 07, 2015, 05:38:31 PM
Another clean sheet and 3 points. Are things really that bad?

Granted 1 point of the top. But it is terrible to watch. I've never been bored watching United until this last couple of seasons. Even in the 80s when we were crap at least we created chances and scored a lot more than we do now. It's like watching Ireland.

Cunny Funt

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 07, 2015, 05:42:27 PM
Was a bit flat at times.... Great goal though and the price on that young lad is getting bigger... In fairness though it was only West Brom... Beating the top three teams at home is the real test
Only West Brom won on their last two visit to Old Trafford.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Cunny Funt on November 07, 2015, 06:03:24 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 07, 2015, 05:42:27 PM
Only West Brom won on their last two visit to Old Trafford.

Sorry I left out smiley face  ;D
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

DuffleKing

People have wondrous memories.... Fergie's United teams served up as many mediocre performances and more as the current season. indeed, some of United's European performances this season have been high octane, including last week while fergie consistently produced dross in the CL.

Too many people paying heed to sky sports and BBC shite. Motoring well in my view with only the arsenal performance letting them down.

Milltown Row2

Pedro move working out ok so far

GJL

Turned out a good weekend with both City and Arsenal dropping points.

Maroon Manc

A good weekend for United, the performance was hardly inspiring but West Brom have done really well on the road this season and are extremely difficult to break down.

Rooney again was hopeless, I'd call it progress he was taken off.

stew

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 07, 2015, 07:22:24 PM
Pedro move working out ok so far

It is easy to look good when playing with the worlds best, not so easy when you play with lesser talent, pedro should have stayed and been fourth fiddle to three of the top four attacking players in the world.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Captain Obvious

Real Sociedad sacked David Moyes today.