Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Minder

Wonder what Valdes is hoping for in moving to Utd as a #2, you would think he would be looking to play regularly at this stage of his career
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

annapr

Just seen a tweet that said United have the same amount of points now as they did this time last season. Is that true? After spending £150 million can United fans really call that progress?

mrdeeds

Same points and less goals scored.

ross4life

Only seen the second half what horrible display by United like a side put together on the morning of the game. Looking at stats United had no shots on target to Southampton one but to be honest the saints deserve to be 3rd in the table ahead of United and if major improvement doesn't come then a top 4 place is unlikely.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

beer baron

Don't worry lads its all part of the philosophy of the managerial mastermind.

screenexile

Rooney reckons Man Ure were better side... What game was he watching??

cadhlancian

No shots on goal in 90 odd minutes :o

mouview

Well deserved win by the Saints who passed MU around the place for large tracts of the second half; Tadic in particular deserved his goal for ..er... having no tattoos. If Carrick is the best English player in the game as SAF maintains, then English football is seriously, grievously fooked.

beer baron

Quote from: mouview on January 11, 2015, 07:36:53 PM
Well deserved win by the Saints who passed MU around the place for large tracts of the second half; Tadic in particular deserved his goal for ..er... having no tattoos. If Carrick is the best English player in the game as SAF maintains, then English football is seriously, grievously fooked.

He's not. But it is.

Milltown Row2

Saints better team around. Great team and their manager is a class act....long time since I was there and they hammered them 7-1 one year.. Would worry now that with most players fit LVG will struggle to work out his best team..

Mata should have scored one of his chances.. No shots on target whole game ::)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Tony Baloney

Quote from: cadhlancian on January 11, 2015, 07:07:52 PM
;D One of the papers today was talking about LVG unleashing a £200 million strike force  :-[

Throw ball

You must all have been watching a different game than me today.

We are on a GAA site which laments the blanket defence but laud a team that put everyone behind the ball and won because they scored a lucky goal. Only one team attacked to try and win the game and they were too crap to do so. How Mata, Blind, Smalling, Herrara, Valencia and Di Maria are worth the money paid for them on today's performance is beyond me. Gaelic football may be depressing according to Brolly but give me Armagh v Tyrone in the McKenna Cup over that crap I watched today any day.

J70

Quote from: cadhlancian on January 11, 2015, 07:07:52 PM

This is not a comment on the United performance, but from the brief highlights I saw,  Mata missed a few relatively easy chances, including a sitter he balooned over the bar from a nice ball whipped in from the left.

That should be "no shots on target", not "no shots on goal". And even that is a misleading stat - you could hit the post/bar ten times and register no shots on target.

cadhlancian

No shots on target is exactly that! The other teams keeper didn't have to make one save. It's quite simple really.

stiffler

Utd have went backwards since Christmas. A month ago people thought they were a shoe in for top 4, now am not so sure.
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009