Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kidder81

Few years ago he would have caught Downing legitimatley

rodney trotter

Good debut by Paddy McNair, some clearance near the end

Shrewdness

Yes Rodney, great clearance by Mc Nair and an assured performance by him overall. Up to 7'th having overtaken some of the PL's lesser lights today..

Kidder81

Quote from: Shrewdness on September 27, 2014, 09:17:53 PM
Yes Rodney, great clearance by Mc Nair and an assured performance by him overall. Up to 7'th having overtaken some of the PL's lesser lights today..

Leicester City ?

David McKeown

Quote from: rodney trotter on September 27, 2014, 08:15:46 PM
Good debut by Paddy McNair, some clearance near the end

Very impressed. Never saw him as a CB but fair play to him very good debut. Looked more assured than Marcos Rojo. I understand though he was highly rated by the coaching staff last year.
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

snoopdog

Quote from: GJL on September 27, 2014, 05:21:27 PM
Quote from: David McKeown on September 27, 2014, 04:36:16 PM
Great captaincy there by Rooney.  Idiot

Idiot indeed. Good to get the 3 points and move up the table a bit. Rooney won't be missed that much through suspension
[/quote

of course rooney will be missed. he is quality.  moment of madness by him yesterday though.

nrico2006

'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

magpie seanie

Vital 3 points. Should have been easier but for Rooney's mental malfunction. Of course the 3rd highest scorer in the history of the EPL will be missed when he is suspended but the cover is pretty ok in the areas he operates in. Delighted for McNair. Again, it shows LVG's bottle. Instead of throwing a midfielder in there in an emergency role he says - no I'll stick a young lad in and if it goes wrong I will take the flack.

Big game next week again against Everton. Expect more of the same but a win in that one would have the top 4 challenge back on track. Going to be tough on the heart for a while though.

nrico2006

Quote from: magpie seanie on September 29, 2014, 09:46:18 AM
Vital 3 points. Should have been easier but for Rooney's mental malfunction. Of course the 3rd highest scorer in the history of the EPL will be missed when he is suspended but the cover is pretty ok in the areas he operates in. Delighted for McNair. Again, it shows LVG's bottle. Instead of throwing a midfielder in there in an emergency role he says - no I'll stick a young lad in and if it goes wrong I will take the flack.

Big game next week again against Everton. Expect more of the same but a win in that one would have the top 4 challenge back on track. Going to be tough on the heart for a while though.

Don't like this talk of throwing midfielders in as CBs.  I see talk about Carrick going there upon his return, been a disaster any time he has played there before.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

magpie seanie

Carrick is easily bullied so no, centre back not a great idea for him.

GJL

Quote from: snoopdog on September 28, 2014, 11:55:22 AM
Quote from: GJL on September 27, 2014, 05:21:27 PM
Quote from: David McKeown on September 27, 2014, 04:36:16 PM
Great captaincy there by Rooney.  Idiot

Idiot indeed. Good to get the 3 points and move up the table a bit. Rooney won't be missed that much through suspension
[/quote

of course rooney will be missed. he is quality.  moment of madness by him yesterday though.

Yes I suppose he will be missed but I mean there is great cover in that area of the pitch like Seanie says.

screenexile

orangeman

United for hire for midweek friendlies. But it will cost you.

Jeepers Creepers

Quote from: orangeman on September 30, 2014, 01:24:04 PM

Why not as long as it isn't on the other side of the world. Any manger will tell you they'd rather be playing a game than a training session.

johnneycool

Quote from: Jeepers Creepers on September 30, 2014, 02:07:19 PM
Quote from: orangeman on September 30, 2014, 01:24:04 PM

Why not as long as it isn't on the other side of the world. Any manger will tell you they'd rather be playing a game than a training session.

Well considering most big teams are in CL action it will have to be in Asia, the US or somewhere like that able to afford it.