Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GJL

David DeGea take a bow son.

Captain Obvious

DeGea to thank for that win.

Farrandeelin

Listened to that on Talksport, seems De Gea was top notch today. As for the rest of the defence, they seemed to wilt when the pressure was put on in the last 15 minutes. Happy Falcao scored, weight off his shoulders I suppose.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Shrewdness

Great 3 points. Hopefully Falcao can now go on a scoring run..How did Madrid let Di Maria leave, class act.. De Gea made some great stops and was the main reason we won that game today.. Shaw had a dead leg, will these injuries ever end?..

GJL

Good to be back in the top 4 but if Utd had not imploded against Leicester a couple of weeks ago they would be joint second with City. Still, it seems to be going in the right direction.

Maroon Manc

Game changed when we brought Fellaini on for Valencia. His decision making and  positional play was woeful. He was marking Barry at the free kick whee Barry should have scored near the end.

Play like that against Chelsea in 3 weeks time and we'll get taken apart. Not a fan of current formation, still too many attacking players playing.

Plenty of positives though, both fullbacks played well apart form the moment of madness from Shaw, McNair has looked very comfortable in his first 2 games,  he's a better defender than Blackett.

Disappointed today with Mata, given how lightweight and slow he is he needs to be contributing around the box and apart from the assist for Di Maria's goal he was poor. I'd drop him for the Chelsea game and play Herrera in his position.

ballinaman

I'd have to disagree with you there re Mata marc...thought he did well. He's best number 10 in the squad. He's a bit lightweight but you have to accept that but offers a lot behind the strikers.Di Maria is electric, defenders are shiting bricks when he's running at them...

Lukaku was shocking today, didn't look arsed. Paddy McNair had him in this pocket. McGeady was lively from an Irish point of view. 100% would have lost that game last season
Grand day all in all..!

AlriteHorse

Ballinaman, "he's the best #10 in the squad"? He's the only #10 in the squad.  ;)
Allez les bleus! Forza azzurri!

Shrewdness

Reports that Paddy Mc Nair has a hamstring injury and is out for 3 weeks. The injury situation is now becoming an issue of serious concern..Something not right.

pullhard

Quote from: Shrewdness on October 06, 2014, 08:00:01 PM
Reports that Paddy Mc Nair has a hamstring injury and is out for 3 weeks. The injury situation is now becoming an issue of serious concern..Something not right.

He's done very well since coming on. What are the utd minors and u-21's like?

orangeman

Sounds like something ain't right in that camp. Too many injuries for my liking.

johnneycool

Quote from: orangeman on October 06, 2014, 10:18:28 PM

Sounds like something ain't right in that camp. Too many injuries for my liking.

These two training sessions a day sounded like a good thing at the start didn't they?

AZOffaly

I remember Graeme Souness having similar issues at Liverpool back in the early 90s. He always bemoaned his luck with injuries, but after a while it became apparent that it was a training issue. They were all getting 'soft tissue' injuries, hamstring pulls and the like.

johnneycool

Quote from: AZOffaly on October 07, 2014, 09:46:04 AM
I remember Graeme Souness having similar issues at Liverpool back in the early 90s. He always bemoaned his luck with injuries, but after a while it became apparent that it was a training issue. They were all getting 'soft tissue' injuries, hamstring pulls and the like.

A dung midden and a 16" grape would sort out the injury problems of some of these lads!

magpie seanie

Quote from: AZOffaly on October 07, 2014, 09:46:04 AM

I think LVG has a little more experience at training and managing teams than Souness has/had.